ADVERTISEMENT

DLS schedule

Excellent Schedule for DLS!!… All the Nor Cal Heavyweights and an OLU team that is getting all transferred up!…. 🤣

Gotta Commend all these Teams that want to compete for The Open are playing each other!… It makes the season so much more exciting!!…

I got DLS beating OLu but dropping one to Serra or ST Mary’s…. I think they beat Folsom because DLS seems to play better on the blue turf rather then at home vs Folsom…. 🤣

I heard that Nate Kenyon is out as DLS defensive coordinator. No idea why or who might take his place. I just hope we don’t see a bunch of coaches come and go from now on. It could make for an interesting year.

Reactions: THEOC89
I heard that Nate Kenyon is out as DLS defensive coordinator. No idea why or who might take his place. I just hope we don’t see a bunch of coaches come and go from now on. It could make for an interesting year.
This is an interesting move and very un DLS like….. But there were definitely issues with the Defense being unnecessarily complicated the last 2 years…. When simplified and going back to their standard 4-4 defense the team played much better….. I know the coach was very well liked there so I am surprised this happened, but not totally shocked….

The Biggest thing for DLS though is the lack of any big time impact players…. Just look at the NFL Draft, you had 2 players from their last great defense 2018, Drafted to the NFL….. DLS doesn’t need a bunch, just a couple, but they need to be D1 level, especially at linebacker…..

He was terrible at DLS, not a big loss………he’s an all shorts flag football guy

You think he would have at least tried to pick a quality team in the SLC area that was in the top 40

He was terrible at DLS, not a big loss………he’s an all shorts flag football guy

You think he would have at least tried to pick a quality team in the SLC area that was in the top 40
He was not going to be playing this year, #13 won the job and is a much better QB especially for DLS…..

Good luck to him, I hope he has a great Senior year….

Any insights on how the NorCal big 3 are looking next season? I know Folsom will be young but they have some baller underclassmen. Lyon Ryders stock has been sky rocketing lately.

What about Serra and DLS? All three of these schools play each other early in the year.

Some news on the changes to the De La Salle coaching staff

Some news on the changes to the De La Salle coaching staff

To me that is a really big move. Doesn’t matter if Eidson is just coaching special teams and safeties. I think his presence on the sideline and at practices full time alone makes a big impact.

Before I thought all ties to the Lad era (including TE) were a hindrance for Almbaugh being able to make this his own program. He would always have the comparisons of the past (which lets be real, would probably never be touched
by 99.9% of all programs).

But I personally think he is a good, but not great coach. The program has declined not only for DLS standards, but really any great program (sloppy play, penalties, turnovers etc). I actually will give Almbaugh credit for not having the ego to say no to this move and bringing TE back into the program. And hopefully Almbaugh who it sounds like is taking over the defense will stay open to any “advice” Edison has to offer on the overall defensive side.

Good move - and hopefully this will bridge the gap to a next gen coaching staff.

To me that is a really big move. Doesn’t matter if Eidson is just coaching special teams and safeties. I think his presence on the sideline and at practices full time alone makes a big impact.

Before I thought all ties to the Lad era (including TE) were a hindrance for Almbaugh being able to make this his own program. He would always have the comparisons of the past (which lets be real, would probably never be touched

But I personally think he is a good, but not great coach. The program has declined not only for DLS standards, but really any great program (sloppy play, penalties, turnovers etc). I actually will give Almbaugh credit for not having the ego to say no to this move and bringing TE back into the program. And hopefully Almbaugh who it sounds like is taking over the defense will stay open to any “advice” Edison has to offer on the overall defensive side.
I agree with you…. I think this is a great move for the Program!…..

There has just been a real lack of Continuity on both sides of the ball the last 2 years with Changing up the defense and the “Spread-Veer” Hybrid offense they have been trying to run since 2018 just doesn’t work…. Too many penalties, Mistakes, turnovers and kids just looking confused out there….

DLS needs to get back to running an offense that they can execute consistently at a high level…. I remember in One of the DLS books reading about how DLS won a game against a good team and all they ran was 7 different plays the whole game…. They can do that and still win, they won’t beat MD or SJB but they can certainly beat all the teams in Nor Cal….

If DLS wants to beat MD and SJB then they will need to change their whole philosophy, but even if they did I don’t think creating a “Super Team” in Nor Cal is even really possible anyway…..

Kids know that they don’t need to go to DLS to get exposure for Scholarships anymore so that just won’t happen…. It’s best for DLS to go back to basics and embrace who they are and Coach up the kids who want to be in the DLS program….

Agree on this. Also kudos for Alumbaugh to move from offense to defense in an effort to get everyone on the right seat on the bus.

Eidson’s return is HUGE! DLS’s defense last year was missing him much. I anticipate the Spartan defense especially the secondary will return to form. The Rams from St. Mary’s offense return, but something tells me the Spartans defense will be better prepared to slow them down a bit. Really looking forward to this matchup, this time in Concord.

Last edited:
I agree with you…. I think this is a great move for the Program!…..

There has just been a real lack of Continuity on both sides of the ball the last 2 years with Changing up the defense and the “Spread-Veer” Hybrid offense they have been trying to run since 2018 just doesn’t work…. Too many penalties, Mistakes, turnovers and kids just looking confused out there….

DLS needs to get back to running an offense that they can execute consistently at a high level…. I remember in One of the DLS books reading about how DLS won a game against a good team and all they ran was 7 different plays the whole game…. They can do that and still win, they won’t beat MD or SJB but they can certainly beat all the teams in Nor Cal….

If DLS wants to beat MD and SJB then they will need to change their whole philosophy, but even if they did I don’t think creating a “Super Team” in Nor Cal is even really possible anyway…..

Kids know that they don’t need to go to DLS to get exposure for Scholarships anymore so that just won’t happen…. It’s best for DLS to go back to basics and embrace who they are and Coach up the kids who want to be in the DLS program….
Agree with what you're saying, and will also add that they need to upgrade their talent levels, especially on both lines of scrimmage. That has always been the key for Spartan success

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT