ADVERTISEMENT

DLS Salesian

HSWIZARD73

Sports Fanatic
May 17, 2017
Being I am back at it fully does anyone know what’s up with ticket sales for this game. Don’t see anything on gofan. Last Salesian game at CCC was on gofan. And I see tomorrow nights Branson game is as well.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
I was going to ask the same thing as the event doesn't show up on either Salesian or DLS search on Gofan.co. CCC is a pretty big venue so I doubt there will be issues with capacity but possibly they are giving first opportunities to DLS / Salesian students / parents. I would imagine that it'll eventually be posted later today but crazy that less than 12 hours before game time still no tickets available for purchase online or clarification / notification on the topic.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
I was going to ask the same thing as the event doesn't show up on either Salesian or DLS search on Gofan.co. CCC is a pretty big venue so I doubt there will be issues with capacity but possibly they are giving first opportunities to DLS / Salesian students / parents. I would imagine that it'll eventually be posted later today but crazy that less than 12 hours before game time still no tickets available for purchase online or clarification / notification on the topic.
Right on man. Thanks for the info. I live 10mins from CCC. I ain’t seen DLS play in a few years. Looking forward to seeing Blair play.

Lets talk about the game a little.

DLS has to keep it close early. Salesian loves to jump out and just knock wind out of sails. SRV was doomed before 1st period ended. Salesian comes into this favored and it would be a mild upset if they were to lose. I wouldn't go on a limb and say major upset. I think it will be 55-50 type game with the pride advancing and getting #1 seed in Norcal. Salesian makes you so uncomfortable. Its a nightmare for opponents.

@HSWIZARD73 , blair is very good and crafty. Long at 6"6 1/2 and lefty makes him really good around basket. Athletically gifted too. Not a great shooter so if you can keep him from the paint success is in your favor.

Lets talk about the game a little.

DLS has to keep it close early. Salesian loves to jump out and just knock wind out of sails. SRV was doomed before 1st period ended. Salesian comes into this favored and it would be a mild upset if they were to lose. I wouldn't go on a limb and say major upset. I think it will be 55-50 type game with the pride advancing and getting #1 seed in Norcal. Salesian makes you so uncomfortable. Its a nightmare for opponents.
Larry they do but however I have seen them play twice and I think bigger teams take advantage on the offensive glass. SRV was getting quite a few. As for coming out to a quick start no doubt. I remember someone saying they are not as fast. I beg to differ although when they move the ball in sets their guys know exactly where to cut and be. Mellis does a hell of a job. But I got to tell you, Riordan is smoking teams. Most points per game in the schools history. And their margins are crazy. Against some damn well coached teams at that. So for now until I watch them live in Nor Cal’s, would go to Santa Clara but expect a blowout, I have Riordan as the favorite

Reactions: larry legend33
hey, you live 10 minutes from CCC?
Yes sir in El Sobrante down the street from De Anza. I am on the hill side of Dam Road. But with the right winds I can hear the PA coming from Friday night lights in my bedroom. A few years back I felt up to it and fell ill, but i emailed DA to get back in to coaching but never heard back. Would love to just be around kids for shooting drills, feed the post. Games are great but I always had way more fun at practice

Right on man. Thanks for the info. I live 10mins from CCC. I ain’t seen DLS play in a few years. Looking forward to seeing Blair play.

Blair is a special player - it'll be interesting to see what Coach Mellis throws at him as they have lots of physically strong athletes 6'3" or taller to wear him down as Blair and Ricketts bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense. I think that'll be the difference as Salesian will grind down DLS with their superior depth and physicality. DLS supporting cast needs to shoot well from 3 pt range and possibly DLS bigs #42 and #32 can do some damage inside but it'll be difficult.

Yes sir in El Sobrante down the street from De Anza. I am on the hill side of Dam Road. But with the right winds I can hear the PA coming from Friday night lights in my bedroom. A few years back I felt up to it and fell ill, but i emailed DA to get back in to coaching but never heard back. Would love to just be around kids for shooting drills, feed the post. Games are great but I always had way more fun at practice
I have heard

Reactions: HSWIZARD73
Practices are sometimes more valuable than the in game experience and you realize that after coaching.

As for this game….hate to say it but I got Salesian by double digits. Too much speed, too much depth. They have guys who can contain Blair, but you cannot stop him.

I got Salesian by 10-15 pts.

Reactions: viper221980
Know exactly where that is. Great location close to everywhere.

Practices are sometimes more valuable than the in game experience and you realize that after coaching.

As for this game….hate to say it but I got Salesian by double digits. Too much speed, too much depth. They have guys who can contain Blair, but you cannot stop him.

Yeah going to be really hard to beat them. I think closer but Salesian controls the entire time.

Don’t know man. Salesian has the home floor. But DLS best Branson by 8 and Branson took Salesian to OT. But I haven’t seen DLS play. So it’s hard for me to call.

Know exactly where that is. Great location close to everywhere.
I bought the house in 2013. But I didn’t realize that until I hit the various roads. Close to golf. Close to St Mary’s College. CCC and Salesian. Little boys school is 10mins. Gonna hit some DLS games it’s close. Hope my kid sticks to track. Don’t went the pressure of schools recruiting him, LOL.

The GoFan links are still not up at either school? 7 hours to go. It’s crazy because CCC is not going to sell out, and if they limit attendees to people with ties to either school, they’ll miss out on a lot of money from people who just love hoops. I was at the SRV-Salesian Open game the other night, and it was nowhere close to selling out. It’s a great facility for big games, like Dublin. People need to be able to plan their evenings.

Reactions: ayalar09
The GoFan links are still not up at either school? 7 hours to go. It’s crazy because CCC is not going to sell out, and if they limit attendees to people with ties to either school, they’ll miss out on a lot of money from people who just love hoops. I was at the SRV-Salesian Open game the other night, and it was nowhere close to selling out. It’s a great facility for big games, like Dublin. People need to be able to plan their evenings.
maybe scan at the door?

maybe scan at the door?
That’s the problem. Maybe? People need to be able to plan. No one wants to drive a long way fighting traffic on a Friday evening on the hopes they can get a last minute ticket. Not everyone is just 10 minutes away like Mr. Wizard. Luckily I’ve already got a ticket, but they need to open it up to all sooner rather than later.

That’s the problem. Maybe? People need to be able to plan. No one wants to drive a long way fighting traffic on a Friday evening on the hopes they can get a last minute ticket. Not everyone is just 10 minutes away like Mr. Wizard. Luckily I’ve already got a ticket, but they need to open it up to all sooner rather than the

So…. Any of you expecting my usual live blathering, errr commentary tonight …

Not gonna happen. I just wanna sit back and enjoy!

So…. Any of you expecting my usual live blathering, errr commentary tonight …

Not gonna happen. I just wanna sit back and enjoy!

You deserve it. Nice crowd with 10 mins left. I ironically parked next to the transportation. DLS shows up in a charter party bus like. Like if you owned a company and were taking a group of 20 to the wine country. Maybe they should put a you can travel like this on it to attract talent, hahahahhahaha.

GAME TIME: 0-0, DLS uniforms are horrible. Sorry I am old school. Salesian wearing the black shoes with white swoosh, wore the white with black last game, but no rim rattling dunks. Maybe we will see a few.

Anyway, hard to pick against Salesian in this matchup, only one loss, and that in OT to John Bosco. (Ovaltine HS is right around the corner). 🙂

DLS only buckets, a pair of 3’s after offensive rebounds..

8-6 after 1, Salesian with the lead. Stepped on the end line and side line. Suspect travel call. And a kick out offensive rebound for 3 for DLS. Hope we see more points in the 2nd.

Expect both teams to open it up in 2nd half. Both teams seemed a lil tight in first half.

Well my take is simple. If either one of the teams was up against Riordan tonight, sure the circumstances would be different but Riordan is putting up big points. I noted that in another comment. 20-17 thanks to an inbound steal to pretty much end the quarter. Salesian on top.

My view: DLS has gotten very few comfortable shots but made a decent percentage of those open shots..

Salesian has had quite a few more, but fired a lotta bricks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT