ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL Opens Up

Genethia

Rookie
Oct 27, 2015
Dougherty opens with win against DELA to stay at top of EBAL.

Amador falls to Dublin with 36 pts from sophomore guard Robby Beasley. Dublin just won Clovis Elks tournament where Beasley earned MVP honors. Fun team to watch now that Nielsen is healthy and putting up solid numbers.

Reactions: observer22
Cal beat San Ramon Valley 58-48. SRV led 33-27 at halftime and held a one point lead entering the fourth quarter

Cal is a surprise team in EVAL. They are young but are improving.
Doughtery very soft pre-season schedule but showed they are for real.
Foothill beat Granada
Foothill vs Dublin should be a great game on Friday.
Amador hung tough with Dublin for a half but way too much BEASSSSLEY . He put a show on in the first half. He hit shots from 25 ft out with guys all over him. Amador packed in on him with a lot of help and took away his drive but he shot over them. Best player I've seen as a soph in a long time.

Cal is improving and they have some nice size and shooters but consistency might be an issue.
DV keeps overachieving like always & Hansen's team always plays good D.
MV might have had the 2nd toughest pre-season schedule and Jones likes to test his team cause he knows the EBAL is a grind.
Dublin is by far the class of the league and has played a brutal schedule so far, top 5 team when healthy.
Foothill needs to find ways to score, they can defend but if they stay in the 40's, they will have a tough time winning in this league.
Amador needs to gel and should have been a team to compete with Dublin, might have the 2nd most talented roster.
San Ramon is in for a long season but this youth movement might payoff in years to come.
DLS is an average team and might be the 5th best team in this league and would be surprised if they beat MV Friday night.
Granada will have to defend better and rebound better at both to be a factor.
Liv is improved and one of the better squads I have seen over the years, they should win a few games in league & will be much more competitive.

North Predictions:
MV
DV
DLS
CAL
SR

South Predictions:
DUB
AV
FH
GRA
LIV

Is the EBAL in divisions? I don't remember that, and MaxPreps has 'em all in one group... Don't expect the ebal's own website to help, either. I don't think that's been updated since the peach baskets had bottoms...

In any case, I agree that Dublin is the class of the league and should race right thru undefeated unless they have key injuries.

Revising now after being reminded there really *are* divisions...

Dublin should win the South...

For the North, um, errr... I'll go with DV in a mental coin-flip.

Last edited:
Reactions: factsmatter8888
The Divisions started last season with the addition of DV & Dublin increasing the number of EBAL teams to 10. Dublin defeated DLS last year in the inaugural North vs. South playoff to determine the EBAL champion.

The Divisions started last season with the addition of DV & Dublin increasing the number of EBAL teams to 10. Dublin defeated DLS last year in the inaugural North vs. South playoff to determine the EBAL champion.

Duhhh, I remember now.... I was even AT that north-south game.

Guess I'll revise my selections now.

EBAL PREDICTIONS

1. DELA
2. MONTE VISTA
3. Doughtery
4. San Ramon
5. Cal

SOUTH
1. Dublin
2. Foothill
3. Granda (great shooter and athletes) will surprise
4. Amador Valley
5. Livermore improved but not quite good enough to get out of cellar

Dublin vs Monte vista in playoffs
Dela vs Foothill

Dublin defeats Dela in finals
Dublin earns number 1 seed in NCS

Clayton will be number 1 seed but because Dublin lost to Berkeley without their big man who had 36 vs Heritage. Clayton and Dublin in finals is a lock.
1 and 2 seed doesn't matter . 3-16 not on the same playing field .

@moneyteam Clayton will only be a 1 seed if they win there league which
has Las Lomas in there.

@bones40 even with one loss to Las Lomas won’t hurt them. Las Lomas is a division 2 school. Their division 1 record would be undefeated with an average margin around 20 and they didn’t play any cupcake division 1 teams. Beat Berkeley and Logan by 16. Beat Amador by 20. They will win their league

@bones40 even with one loss to Las Lomas won’t hurt them. Las Lomas is a division 2 school. Their division 1 record would be undefeated with an average margin around 20 and they didn’t play any cupcake division 1 teams. Beat Berkeley and Logan by 16. Beat Amador by 20. They will win their league

We will then have come full circle as Dublin beat Las Lomas in Foundation game. Lots of factors go into ranking teams, including common sense. Hope everyone stays healthy to battle it out on the court in the end!

Last edited:
@Genethia The NCS panel does not include foundation game. Not saying Dublin isn’t #1 seed worthy. But I’m pretty sure CV gets the #1 seed

Understood. The comment is more directed to current rankings . . . This is where common sense has to factor in. A team that beats Heritage, beats Las Lomas in a highly competitive Foundation Game, and then loses to Berkeley in OT without impact center should not be at the bottom of the rankings. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcskit
Understood. The comment is more directed to current rankings . . . This is where common sense has to factor in. A team that beats Heritage, beats Las Lomas in a highly competitive Foundation Game, and then loses to Berkeley in OT without impact center should not be at the bottom of the rankings. Just saying.

I like where your headed with your post. Me thinks common sense is becoming less common though.
Here's wishing you great hoops

DV also squeaks one out, a 2 point win over Cal High 49-47.

AV took down Livermore 59-45.

Last edited:
EBAL PREDICTIONS

1. DELA
2. MONTE VISTA
3. Doughtery
4. San Ramon
5. Cal

SOUTH
1. Dublin
2. Foothill
3. Granda (great shooter and athletes) will surprise
4. Amador Valley
5. Livermore improved but not quite good enough to get out of cellar

Dublin vs Monte vista in playoffs
Dela vs Foothill

Dublin defeats Dela in finals
Dublin earns number 1 seed in NCS

Togos, have you seen AV play? no way in hell do they come in 4th

I think DLS and MV are still very solid team but they just don't have teh scoring to dominate like they have in the past.

Correction

1. Dublin
2. Foothill
3. AV
4. Granada (will give some of the upper tier teams a good game)
5. Livermore

The league is so tight. I mean DV is 2-0 but could very easily be 0-2. I think you will see very few double digit wins. My $ is still on DLS.
Here are my top 3.

DLS
DV
MV

I'm an NBL guy and I can't recall the last time the top 2 teams from that league are better than DLS, MV, or DV. Newman already has a 12 pt win over DV. Montgomery would beat any of these teams as well. EBAL is just way down.......

The league is so tight. I mean DV is 2-0 but could very easily be 0-2. I think you will see very few double digit wins. My $ is still on DLS.

Larry, I don’t know how you can say DV could very easily be 0-2? They could have easily lost last night at Cal, winning by 2 in a squeaker, but it’s my understanding they thoroughly dominated DLS. They were up 16 late and DLS cut it to 8 at the end to make it look semi close, and DLS was at home.

I guess anyone could easily lose to DLS, but they outplayed Sparty and were in control. It’s not like they hit 2 treys late to steal the victory.

Here are my top 3.

DLS
DV
MV

I'm an NBL guy and I can't recall the last time the top 2 teams from that league are better than DLS, MV, or DV. Newman already has a 12 pt win over DV. Montgomery would beat any of these teams as well. EBAL is just way down.......

I also think you are shortchanging Dublin. They’ve got to be the overwhelming favorite to repeat this year as EBAL champs.

Reactions: NorCalScout
You are correct on how the DV-DLS game went down. I wasn't there, but I did watch it on the Cube... The game went just how you described it.

So far as Dublin goes, I don't think LL was talking about Dublin's division. I think just about everyone makes the Gaels a huge favorite on that side.

Reactions: NorCalScout
You may be right, but when saying the EBAL is way down, you have to factor Dublin into that.

I do agree that the traditional EBAL powers are down in DLS, SRV & MV. The 2 newest teams coming over from the DFAL DV & Dublin are not down. Cal has improved this year, and was without their head coach and a few players last night due to the flu, but still gave DV all they could handle. AV and Foothill may be better than they were last season, but can’t match Dublin.

DV plays hard and has done very well thus far this season. They have good guard play, but they don’t have much height and may get beat down low against teams with solid post play. They only have 1 player over about 6’ 2” that sees playing time, but he’s soft and not a force in the paint. Cal outrebounded DV by a large margin, but DV outhustled and outshot the Grizz. I would think Neilson from Dublin should do well against DV. I’m guessing DLS must not have much in the way of big men this year.

Last edited:
Dublin is by far the best. Wasn't talking about their division. I've been watching hoops for decades and haven't seen this bad of a DLS team. Most HS would love to have their team but i'm comparing them to what they traditionally do/have. Probably still win 20 games and come in the upper half of the division but not expecting miracles.

UMMMM, Montgomery would NOT beat a full and healthy Dublin. Just my take on that statement. Maybe I just got trolled but that's just not a true statement. It's an opinion....but .....FACTS MATTER. I don't really know how close that is.

UMMMM, Montgomery would NOT beat a full and healthy Dublin. Just my take on that statement. Maybe I just got trolled but that's just not a true statement. It's an opinion....but .....FACTS MATTER. I don't really know how close that is.

Montgomery has losses to Tamalpais, Campo and Redwood. Dublin’s losses are to Salesian, Sheldon and Berkeley in OT. The 2 will not meet this year but my money would be on Dublin if they did.

Larry, I don’t know how you can say DV could very easily be 0-2? They could have easily lost last night at Cal, winning by 2 in a squeaker, but it’s my understanding they thoroughly dominated DLS. They were up 16 late and DLS cut it to 8 at the end to make it look semi close, and DLS was at home.

I guess anyone could easily lose to DLS, but they outplayed Sparty and were in control. It’s not like they hit 2 treys late to steal the victory.

Larry, I like your posted and usually agree with most of what you post but if you saw the De La Salle & Dougherty Valley game, you would have never said Dougherty Valley could easily be 0-2. They were up 16 and maybe even 18 points in the 3rd and cruised to the win, the game was not as close as the score indicates.

Dela will be fine. They will win the north side and get their 20 wins.
Dela is always good .

3 more barn burners in the EBAL tonight.

DLS 47 - SRV 46
Granada 48 - AV 47
MV 43 - DV 42

Dublin crushed Livermore 88-59.

Dublin wins to stay undefeated in league. DLS, DV, Cal, MV, Foothill & Granada each have 1 loss, while SRV, AV & Livermore now have 2.

Last edited:
other than Dublin, who stands head and shoulders above the rest, this looks like the most competitive league play in a long long time

Reactions: observer22
other than Dublin, who stands head and shoulders above the rest, this looks like the most competitive league play in a long long time

Yeah, it's tough to beat 3 close 1-point games like that where 1 possession or missed shot could cost you the game.

EBAL Games this Friday:

Livermore @ Foothill tonight. Foothill recovers from losses this week to CP & Dublin. Falcons by 20.

Cal @ MV Friday. The Grizz have improved from last season and are playing well, but MV just knocked off DV and will be ready at home for Cal. MV by 5.

Granada @ Dublin Friday. Granada just upset AV Tuesday, but Gaels just too tough. Dublin by 14.

DV @ SRV Friday. The Wolves almost pulled the upset over DLS Tuesday, losing by just a point, but DV will be out to redeem themselves after losing a heartbreaker at home to MV Tuesday. Not sure SRV can overachieve twice in a week. DV by 10.

Didn't mean Monty or Newman would beat Dublin. Meant other bracket in the EBAL. I'm smarter than that guys! Dublin is legit.

From maxpreps

Dublin over Granada 71-43 (wow)
Foothill over Livermore 72-53
DV over SRV 63-45
MV over Cal 45-34

No squeakers last night

Reactions: Hoopster18
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT