ADVERTISEMENT

Final Eastside 54 SI 51

gbspeed22

I will tell you this GAME RECOGNIZE GAME. I have been in this game to long to tell what I'm seeing. So you tell me in close game during playoffs you would let your JV players play in the game. That tells the coach was look to keep the game close but not close enough. MONEY IS POWER BUT SEEING IS BELIEVING and I definitely seen a type of tanking going on? Just admit that your are scare to play SMS or want to play and try to when a state title in your own division.

A few points about your accusations that Mitty tanked their game against ESCP:

1) If you were not at the game, then you should shut your yap about whether Mitty intentionally lost the game.
2) I was at the game, and before it started I thought (and discussed with some of the other spectators) that Mitty should try to play an up-tempo game, keep everyone fresh, and try to run ESCP off the court. ESCP only dresses 6 players after all, so that would seem like the best strategy.
3) Maybe you have never coached or followed a program like Mitty, but it is not uncommon for the top several JV players to actually be more talented than several of the lesser-used varsity players. (Better for these younger players to play more JV minutes than fewer varsity minutes.) So to say they obviously tanked because they played JV players only proves your ignorance.
4) ESCP didn't get tired, at least not tired enough -- props to them. Mitty had no answer to Destiny Graham on the boards -- props to her. Someone on this board said they would choose her as the foundation of a D1 college team. I wasn't convinced when I read those comments, but after watching this game, I'm a little closer to that opinion than I was before.
5) Mitty is a young team this year -- their two best players are sophomores. They have shown great promise and played well at times. They've also played below expectations several times this year. They're a young team, so that's to be expected.
6) To think that ESCP could not beat Mitty straight up is incredibly disrespectful.

Doubt that I have been the only, but at least am one of the ones who would put Destiny Graham on the top of Norcal player rankings. Who could do what she does for 32 minutes (or more in OT) every game? And not only does she have to be effective, but has to be smart and cautious to keep herself in the game.

Southbay

I have coach against players the are at Mitty during the summer and even seen players that was suppose to go to Mitty went to Pinewood. I have beat them player more then once. So if u don't know you know. Like I said before Game Recognize Game and guess you don't. Mitty used the whole bench that game but win a team is wanting to win they wont go that deep in the bench. I have one taught maybe the CCS Section is not as good as they say or was in passed history. Because I know Cal Hi Sports always rank teams because of history. Let me give history lesson from last year SI and ESCP lost to Brookside by 14 each team and that without McDonald that could play last year. CCS top ranking team are good as the MONEY AND POWER TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THAY ARE THAT GOOD EVERY YEAR BUT THEY AREN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS THAT OLD CATHOLIC MONEY TALKING IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LET THE SMOOTH TASTED FOOL YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 3/6 3:08 PM by ballersdreams

This post was edited on 3/6 3:15 PM by ballersdreams

Originally posted by ballersdreams:

Southbay

I have coach against players the are at Mitty during the summer and even seen players that was suppose to go to Mitty went to Pinewood. I have beat them player more then once. So if u don't know you know. Like I said before Game Recognize Game and guess you don't. Mitty used the whole bench that game but win a team is wanting to win they wont go that deep in the bench. I have one taught maybe the CCS Section is not as good as they say or was in passed history. Because I know Cal Hi Sports always rank teams because of history. Let me give history lesson from last year SI and ESCP lost to Brookside by 14 each team and that without McDonald that could play last year. CCS top ranking team are good as the MONEY AND POWER TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THAY ARE THAT GOOD EVERY YEAR BUT THEY AREN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS THAT OLD CATHOLIC MONEY TALKING IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LET THE SMOOTH TASTED FOOL YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 3/6 3:08 PM by ballersdreams

This post was edited on 3/6 3:15 PM by ballersdreams
Baller,

You really don't know what you're talking about. When my daughter played at Mitty they won 2 state titles - 2007 and 2008. In both Nor Cal and State Championship games, Mitty played their entire bench, including JV call ups. The bench players were rotated in throughout the entire game.

I have the film - would be happy to send copies as you've clearly NEVER seen Mitty actually play. Blowing smoke and trying to convince folks that you are some type of coach is fine, but you should at least have your facts straight, especially if game film proves you wrong! Nice try though.

They are good when your daughter was good but your talk but I'm talking about since the Norcal Open started. Everyone still wants to talk about the past. Lets talk about right now. Coaching comes easy to just that know the game and played the game at high level. I can see right through what a coach is doing when a coach plays JV players that haven't been on Var all year long. Yes coaches bring them up so they can have the experience when the game is out of hand but clear the was not the situation during that game. The another thing you are tell me the USA can coach against 6 players. That's a joke I know she can coaches against 6 players when Mitty suppose to be so deep.

>> THATS THAT OLD CATHOLIC MONEY TALKING IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, sorry I don't know what you mean. Then again, most of us on the forum never quite know what you're talking about. Please feel free to explain.

P.S. I know you're trying to repurpose the phrase "Game Recognize Game" to apply to girls basketball players/coaches/fans. Since this phrase is a bit nefarious in origin, referring to a different kind of "player", maybe you should retire that one and try again.

Southbay

That's player talk of coarse you wont know what I talking about. And I referred to the coach because I can see right through her but people that don't coach cant see it.

Let me tell it in lame man terms Money takes care of problems that need to be solve like this tanking. Old money could do to the head of sections to be denying that any thing didn't happen. Money is power and Mitty have plenty of it.

Now if it was the SHC coach they would be straight after him with an investigation. Thinks never change only cover up for the great POWER of things.
This post was edited on 3/6 4:40 PM by ballersdreams

Only you could put it so clearly in lame man's terms.

So let me get this straight Mr Know-it-all. Among catholic schools in the Bay Area Archbishop Mitty has lots of money and Sacred Heart Cathedral is a poor school. Seems like you are the uninformed one my friend. ;-)

P.S. The reason we all don't know what you're talking about isn't because you're so much more in touch with the players. It's because you can't clearly express your thoughts in a cogent manner. Go ahead and look that one up.

Well it is pretty clear that Pinewood must have tanked the game!! Just like SI tanked to both SHC and ESP. Matter of fact I think even SHC tried to tank tonight's game but Pinewood was able to outtank them! Maybe CCS should just create a Tankers Division for next year. I think you have put it all in Lame Man's Terms, Garcia.

Originally posted by SouthBayHoopFan:
Only you could put it so clearly in lame man's terms.

So let me get this straight Mr Know-it-all. Among catholic schools in the Bay Area Archbishop Mitty has lots of money and Sacred Heart Cathedral is a poor school. Seems like you are the uninformed one my friend. ;-)

P.S. The reason we all don't know what you're talking about isn't because you're so much more in touch with the players. It's because you can't clearly express your thoughts in a cogent manner. Go ahead and look that one up.
Don't be so hard on the kid. He was just trying to sugar code it for you.

roll.r191677.gif

Sacred Heart Cathedral has no money?

I wonder how all those very talented girls, some of whom lived in the East Bay, managed to afford to go to SHC when it was the best team in the country.

Again, baseless accusations, and pointless. Maybe it's because Mitty is coached by a woman and SHC by a man ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT