ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Scores

Final Central 21 Turlock 18, Turlock on the Central 15 at the end. Great defensive effort by Turlock with the help of some key turnovers, but hard to hold down the speed in skill positions. This is the closest game so far between the two. Turlock's grind it out offense nowhere close to last year's, making it hard to come back. The death march continues next Friday at home against Folsom. It will be the first time I've seen them in person. Although I disagree with the scheduling Turlock Coach Peterson in an interview with the Modesto Bee last week said he and his coaches are 100% in favor of testing the team against top teams. In this area the only teams with tougher or roughly comparable schedules are St. Mary's and Central Catholic. When the league schedule starts Turlock should be battle-tested and ready to roll.

Final Central 21 Turlock 18, Turlock on the Central 15 at the end. Great defensive effort by Turlock with the help of some key turnovers, but hard to hold down the speed in skill positions. This is the closest game so far between the two. Turlock's grind it out offense nowhere close to last year's, making it hard to come back. The death march continues next Friday at home against Folsom. It will be the first time I've seen them in person. Although I disagree with the scheduling Turlock Coach Peterson in an interview with the Modesto Bee last week said he and his coaches are 100% in favor of testing the team against top teams. In this area the only teams with tougher or roughly comparable schedules are St. Mary's and Central Catholic. When the league schedule starts Turlock should be battle-tested and ready to roll.
I agree with you. Although it’s good to test your team, what’s the good if you end up with a demoralized group at 0-5 going into league? There has to be a more happy medium. Now, if you’re a Serra, or Folsom, or DLS I can see that. Just my take on it.

@Streak One Some good games last night but cardinal newman beating Vacaville 27-7 and not giving up an offensive TD has to be the biggest surprise. As new QB Colter gets more
Comfortable newman will be a really tough out. It’s been awhile since they’ve had this sort of size and athleticism.

The NBL Race is wide Open between Windsor and Newman.
@northbaybbguru

Last edited:
@Streak One Some good games last night but cardinal newman beating Vacaville 27-7 and not giving up an offensive TD has to be the biggest surprise. As new QB Colter gets more
Comfortable newman will be a really tough out. It’s been awhile since they’ve had this sort of size and athleticism.

The NBL Race is wide Open between Windsor and Newman.
@northbaybbguru
I would agree especially because I think Vacaville ends up being good this year too.

Also think SI ovewr Jesuit is a surprise. Wasn't that impressed when I watched SI last week against SRV but what a great bounce back on the road this week

I would agree especially because I think Vacaville ends up being good this year too.

Also think SI ovewr Jesuit is a surprise. Wasn't that impressed when I watched SI last week against SRV but what a great bounce back on the road this week
Streak I was at Jesuit game. Great crowd and environment. Si was ready to play and jumped on Jesuit 17-0. Si has a TE #19 who will be a stud. Also there QB played we”” but the TE was a problem for Jesuit. Lee was awesome for Jesuit after 1st half.
And si kicker hit a 44 and 33 yard fg. Impressive

A couple other surprises, for me, was Pleasant Valley's 35-0 win over Yuba City and McClymonds' 40-0 win over Bellarmine. I expected both teams to win but not in such a lopsided manner.

A couple other surprises, for me, was Pleasant Valley's 35-0 win over Yuba City and McClymonds' 40-0 win over Bellarmine. I expected both teams to win but not in such a lopsided manner.
Agree on McClymonds. They manhandled Bellarmine. Bells were able to stay in it for a half, but flood gates opened in Q3

We are in the prime time era.
Wow.. Colorado
I wasn't sure what it would look like this year, but my guess was teams better get them early because Deion Sanders can COACH and RECRUIT. If he has longetivity at Colorado, it is a matter of when, not if they are among the best teams in the country.

I wasn't sure what it would look like this year, but my guess was teams better get them early because Deion Sanders can COACH and RECRUIT. If he has longetivity at Colorado, it is a matter of when, not if they are among the best teams in the country.
I agree, but the million dollar question is how long will he stay in Boulder? I say 3 years.

I agree, but the million dollar question is how long will he stay in Boulder? I say 3 years.
I think he sticks around because he sees the power of building his own brand. And has the ability to actually do it too. But the 2-3 year mark is a good checkpoint because that when Shedeur and Travis Hunter will be gone

Yup but I’ve been following football for
Decades in norcal and I never remember skyline good in football.
You've missed the OAL history then....I've been following for over 40 years as well. Before Mac was Skyline in the 80s-90s with John Beam as head Coach. Mc has been pretty dominat for over 20 years but before that the Beam period was mostly Skyline. Coach John Beam "moved to Skyline High School where he became the head football coach in 1987. During his time at Skyline, Beam won 15 league championships, 11 section championships and had four undefeated seasons. He finished with a 160-33-3 record at Skyline."

- https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nca...last-chance-u-coach/t56p6eyqhzes1k7xv5q6za4fe

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT