ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Scores

Spartans have the look of defeat out on the field. Their coach is going to lay into them in the locker room and would hate to go through their practice next week.

Now Serra leads 21-0 with three minutes left. This would be the most dominated DLS has been against NorCal teams, right?

• Wow
Reactions: FBAddict
Changes are taking place in the Monticello Empire League....Armjo and fairfield are now 3-0 in 2023..Armjo and Fairfield were win less last season 2022...Armjo steam rolled Florin of El Grove 64-0 and knocked off Dixon 42-7..But what about fairfield...They visited Benica and rolled 53-18, and last Friday they stopped Vallejo 42-22. Something to think about by Vacaville and vanden...

Reactions: carlmerritt
I think Central will posed some different challenges for Serra than DLS because they have more big play ability. And getting them in Modesto will help.
IMHO, Central Catholic’s QB is better than DLS’s. I’d still pick Serra to beat Central Catholic because of their defense. The announcers and probably everyone here, including me, are anointing the Padres as the NorCal Open rep, just 2 games in for them. Yet, they still have another hurdle, Central Catholic, before facing WCAL league competition. I’d say that their chances are pretty darn good. It’s too bad we won’t get to see this defense go against the St. Mary’s Rams offense. They may be the only defense that can slow down and stop the Ram’s offense, but we will never find out.

In regards to DLS starting the season 0-3, I don’t think it has since Coach Lad too over years ago. Will the Spartans start this season 0-3? Doubtful. They should be able to handle/beat St. Francis. Will the Spartans start this season 1-3 or even 1-4? IMHO, I think that’s more doable than starting 0-3. When is the last time the Spartans started off the season only scoring a total of 14pts? Credit the defenses they have had to go up against to start the season. But, where is the offense? They used to run off tackle and use that veer formation to its fullest, with bursts of speed coming out of the backfield and their line coming off the ball and already giving them 3-4 yards headstart. Only 14pts! Wow! Confident the Spartans will get their offense on a roll vs St. Francis. But, will it be temporary? We shall soon find out.

IMHO, Central Catholic’s QB is better than DLS’s. I’d still pick Serra to beat Central Catholic because of their defense. The announcers and probably everyone here, including me, are anointing the Padres as the NorCal Open rep, just 2 games in for them. Yet, they still have another hurdle, Central Catholic, before facing WCAL league competition. I’d say that their chances are pretty darn good. It’s too bad we won’t get to see this defense go against the St. Mary’s Rams offense. They may be the only defense that can slow down and stop the Ram’s offense, but we will never find out.

In regards to DLS starting the season 0-3, I don’t think it has since Coach Lad too over years ago. Will the Spartans start this season 0-3? Doubtful. They should be able to handle/beat St. Francis. Will the Spartans start this season 1-3 or even 1-4? IMHO, I think that’s more doable than starting 0-3. When is the last time the Spartans started off the season only scoring a total of 14pts? Credit the defenses they have had to go up against to start the season. But, where is the offense? They used to run off tackle and use that veer formation to its fullest, with bursts of speed coming out of the backfield and their line coming off the ball and already giving them 3-4 yards headstart. Only 14pts! Wow! Confident the Spartans will get their offense on a roll vs St. Francis. But, will it be temporary? We shall soon find out.
I am not so sure DLS gets their offense on track any time soon, this offense looks worse then the last couple of years….

They just look lost, the QB, Running Backs and receivers look as if they have not even practiced together…. The formations they use don’t seem to make any sense and there is no explosiveness from the running backs when they hit the line of scrimmage and there is no passing game whatsoever….

I actually thought the O-Line played well and Defense played good enough to win, but I can’t believe I am saying this about a DLS team, that offense looks just disorganized and poorly coached…..

Awful game by the Spartans , the Head Coach and Offensive coordinator need to wear that one….

I think there is more to the outcome of this one besides Serra having an abundance of “dudes” on the defensive side of the ball.

De La Salle has abandoned their patented veer offense but does not look settled in their newfound identity just yet. I didn’t see an offense that attacked a defense as much as I saw an offense which just ran plays. For their sake, I really hope there is more to their offense than what they showed today because if this is what they are they will lose an NCS game this year. I’ll put it like this: I’ve seen other Concord area teams throw the ball much better than they are.

Changes are taking place in the Monticello Empire League....Armjo and fairfield are now 3-0 in 2023..Armjo and Fairfield were win less last season 2022...Armjo steam rolled Florin of El Grove 64-0 and knocked off Dixon 42-7..But what about fairfield...They visited Benica and rolled 53-18, and last Friday they stopped Vallejo 42-22. Something to think about by Vacaville and vanden...
I agree. Both schools have been pleasant surprises. Also, looks like both schools’ starters include quite a few underclassmen. It’s good to see these two long-time doormats having success.

Marin Catholic 29
Spanish Springs 7
MC offense was embarrassing outside of Williams they had penalty and sack after sack with turnovers……..very concerning and very poor performance by their offense..,..San Marin is going to get W this year

Bulldogng.....i agree, Central has a bad habit of finding ways to scores and has always had a scarry offense in the past...This will show up again against Serra, but the Serra defense could change this, this game could turn into a shoot out or Cental getting by and maybe win 26 to 21...or the defense stopping Central and Serra win 28-26...

Reactions: bulldogmgc
WCAL is a very tough league to run the table on. I only recall a few undefeated seasons. Not very common and even great teams can have a down game against rivals. Serra looks like it is in another legal this year and their offense will only get better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT