ADVERTISEMENT

GAME OF THE WEEK AND THE PICK

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
This coming Friday night we are going to see if a lot of teams raised the Bar for the preseason games. and are able to take the step forward. Berean Christian due to low turn out has dropped their first two games ,but feel they will be ready for league play. The game most people are concerned about is Folsom visiting DLS...Who is going to win and the talk has been going back and forth.
We also have a lot of big games on hand, so picking the game to see is high on decision time...
GAME OF THE WEEK
Folsom at DLS at 7 P.M...….The pick DLS 38 Folsom 17.....No one has found a way to beat the Spartans since 1991 and San Ramon came the closed two years ago....What it takes is discipline, commitment and the will to win. If the Bulldogs come to the game with this built into their game plan then DLS could be in trouble...
BIG GAMES
Turlock at Freedom at 7 P.M......The pick Freedom32 Turlock27....The Falcons have the tools, if they use them right, they can win.
Vacaville At Liberty.at 7 P.M......The pick.....Liberty 41 Vacaville 20.....last year Liberty go involved in a high scoring shoot out and lost 52-42, the Lions are ready for this in counter..
Marin Catholic at Campolindo at 7 P.M......The pick Campolindo 27 MC 24...This game could go either way, but Campolindo may have more fire power....
Del Oro at Amador Valley..at 7 P.M. The pick....Amador Valley 34 De Oro 27.....Its up to the Golden Eagles to control the Don's passing game...DO has a tough defense, AV passing game is deadly..
Monte Vista at Granite Bay at 7 P.M......The Pick....Monte Vista 37 Granite Bay 27....This is the first time has gone traveling,they were a young team last year, but his year it is different, but so is it for GB...GB has a very good defense, so its a case of who out scores who...
Eureka at Logan at 7:30 P.M......The pick....Eureka 37 Logan 14, this game has no business in the big game department, but we are interested as to what the Colts come up with...
Sacramento at Rancho Cotate at 7:30 P.M......the pick....Sacramento 31 RC 20...RC lost some of their weapons while the Dragons are well prepared and could be red hot..
Vintage at W.C. Wood at 7:30 P.M...The pick.....Wood 21 Vintage 7....The wildcats stoppedVintage last year and will do it again this year..
Sonora at Oakdale at 7 P.M......The pick.....Sonora 32 Oakdale 14...The Mustangs are rebuilding, do they have enough to give Sonora a game...
BVAL
Deer Valley at American Canyon at 7 P.M......The pick...American Canyon27 Deer Valley 21...If AC can control DV's speed, they can win...
Lincoln of Stockton at Antioch....at 7 P.M.....The pick.....Antioch44 Lincoln 32 it sounds like a wild scoring game in the making...
Turlock at Freedom at 7 P.M......the pick.....Freedom 32 Turlock 27
San Ramon Valley at Heritage at 7 P.M.….The pick...SRV 41 Heritage 20...The wolves go on their first trip out of the area and flex their muscles...
Vacaville at Liberty at 7 P.M......the pick.....Liberty 41 Vacaville 20
Clayton Valley Charter at Pittsburg at 7 P.M.....the pick.....Pittsburg 44 CVC 20...The Pirates come at the Eagles from all ends...in the air and on the ground..
Diablo Foothill
Las Lomas at Acalanes at 7 P.M.....the pick....Acalanes 35 Las Lomas 24
Castlemont of Oakland at Alhambra at 7 P.M......the pick Alhambra 40 Castlemont 13
Marin Catholic at Campolindo at 7 P.M......the pickCampolindo 27 MC 24
DeAnaza at Miramonte at 7 P.M....the pick....Miramonte 35 DeAnaza 12
Herclues at NorthGate at 7 P.M......the pick... Northgate 20 Hercules 13 Will the Bronco's overcome the loss of their QB..
CVC at Pittsburg at 7 P.M. ..the pick...Pittsburg 44 CVC 20
Diablo Valley
Las Lomas at Acalanes at 7 P.M....the pick Acalanes 35 Las Lomas 24
Alameda at College Park at 7 P.M......the pick CP 37 Alameda 24
Dougherty Valley at Concord at 7 P.M.....the pick.....concord 28 Dougherty Valley 14...the minute men rebuild after last years downfall..
Armijo at Mt. diablo at 7 P.M....the pick.....Armijo 31 Mt. diablo 19
Fremont of Oakland at Ygnacio Valley at 7 P.M. the pick.....YG 39 Fremont 13
East Bay Mountain
San Leandro at Foothill at SL at 7:30 P.M.....the pick Foothill 31 San Leandro27...the Pirates shocked the Falcons last year and they might do it again..
Folsom at DLS at 7:30 P......the pick.....DLS 38 Folsom 17
Monte Vista at Granite Bay at 7 P.M......the pick....Monte Vista 37 Granite Bay 27
San Ramon Valley at Heritage at 7 P.M......the pick....SRV 40 Heritage 20
Sat. California at Spanish Springs of Sparks Nev at 6 P.M...At south Lake Tahoe.the pick..
California 28 Spanish Springs 21...This will be the second game of the night.
East Bay Valley
Del Oro at Amador Valley at 7 P.M.....the pick.....Amador Valley 34 Del Oro 27
Dougherty Valley at Concord at 7 p.m......the pick Concord 28 Dougherty Valley 14
Castro Valley at Dublin at 7 P.M......the pick Dublin 35 Castro Valley 14
Livermore at Golden Valley Merced at 7 P.M......Livermore 49 Golden Valley 13
Irvington at Granada at 7 P.M.....the pick Granada 41 Irvington 7
ANY THOUGHTS//Z

Everyone is talking Folsom/DLS... i have seen this movie before... DLS wins

I think the really intriguing game is CVC/Pitt
no one seems to be talking about it
Pitt has the best team on paper in Northern CA, CVC has a toughness/swag to them that i think they have a shot
my prediction is pitt wins 35-21

Pitt has the best team on paper in Northern CA, CVC has a toughness/swag to them that i think they have a shot
I am going out on a limb and taking Folsom 56-42. This may be the most prolific offense that Folsom has ever had. At the same time, stopping DLS is a huge task. Good luck to both teams!

Reactions: cashisking18
This coming Friday night we are going to see if a lot of teams raised the Bar for the preseason games. and are able to take the step forward. Berean Christian due to low turn out has dropped their first two games ,but feel they will be ready for league play. The game most people are concerned about is Folsom visiting DLS...Who is going to win and the talk has been going back and forth.
We also have a lot of big games on hand, so picking the game to see is high on decision time...
GAME OF THE WEEK
Folsom at DLS at 7 P.M...….The pick DLS 38 Folsom 17.....No one has found a way to beat the Spartans since 1991 and San Ramon came the closed two years ago....What it takes is discipline, commitment and the will to win. If the Bulldogs come to the game with this built into their game plan then DLS could be in trouble...
BIG GAMES
Turlock at Freedom at 7 P.M......The pick Freedom32 Turlock27....The Falcons have the tools, if they use them right, they can win.
Vacaville At Liberty.at 7 P.M......The pick.....Liberty 41 Vacaville 20.....last year Liberty go involved in a high scoring shoot out and lost 52-42, the Lions are ready for this in counter..
Marin Catholic at Campolindo at 7 P.M......The pick Campolindo 27 MC 24...This game could go either way, but Campolindo may have more fire power....
Del Oro at Amador Valley..at 7 P.M. The pick....Amador Valley 34 De Oro 27.....Its up to the Golden Eagles to control the Don's passing game...DO has a tough defense, AV passing game is deadly..
Monte Vista at Granite Bay at 7 P.M......The Pick....Monte Vista 37 Granite Bay 27....This is the first time has gone traveling,they were a young team last year, but his year it is different, but so is it for GB...GB has a very good defense, so its a case of who out scores who...
Eureka at Logan at 7:30 P.M......The pick....Eureka 37 Logan 14, this game has no business in the big game department, but we are interested as to what the Colts come up with...
Sacramento at Rancho Cotate at 7:30 P.M......the pick....Sacramento 31 RC 20...RC lost some of their weapons while the Dragons are well prepared and could be red hot..
Vintage at W.C. Wood at 7:30 P.M...The pick.....Wood 21 Vintage 7....The wildcats stoppedVintage last year and will do it again this year..
Sonora at Oakdale at 7 P.M......The pick.....Sonora 32 Oakdale 14...The Mustangs are rebuilding, do they have enough to give Sonora a game...
BVAL
Deer Valley at American Canyon at 7 P.M......The pick...American Canyon27 Deer Valley 21...If AC can control DV's speed, they can win...
Lincoln of Stockton at Antioch....at 7 P.M.....The pick.....Antioch44 Lincoln 32 it sounds like a wild scoring game in the making...
Turlock at Freedom at 7 P.M......the pick.....Freedom 32 Turlock 27
San Ramon Valley at Heritage at 7 P.M.….The pick...SRV 41 Heritage 20...The wolves go on their first trip out of the area and flex their muscles...
Vacaville at Liberty at 7 P.M......the pick.....Liberty 41 Vacaville 20
Clayton Valley Charter at Pittsburg at 7 P.M.....the pick.....Pittsburg 44 CVC 20...The Pirates come at the Eagles from all ends...in the air and on the ground..
Diablo Foothill
Las Lomas at Acalanes at 7 P.M.....the pick....Acalanes 35 Las Lomas 24
Castlemont of Oakland at Alhambra at 7 P.M......the pick Alhambra 40 Castlemont 13
Marin Catholic at Campolindo at 7 P.M......the pickCampolindo 27 MC 24
DeAnaza at Miramonte at 7 P.M....the pick....Miramonte 35 DeAnaza 12
Herclues at NorthGate at 7 P.M......the pick... Northgate 20 Hercules 13 Will the Bronco's overcome the loss of their QB..
CVC at Pittsburg at 7 P.M. ..the pick...Pittsburg 44 CVC 20
Diablo Valley
Las Lomas at Acalanes at 7 P.M....the pick Acalanes 35 Las Lomas 24
Alameda at College Park at 7 P.M......the pick CP 37 Alameda 24
Dougherty Valley at Concord at 7 P.M.....the pick.....concord 28 Dougherty Valley 14...the minute men rebuild after last years downfall..
Armijo at Mt. diablo at 7 P.M....the pick.....Armijo 31 Mt. diablo 19
Fremont of Oakland at Ygnacio Valley at 7 P.M. the pick.....YG 39 Fremont 13
East Bay Mountain
San Leandro at Foothill at SL at 7:30 P.M.....the pick Foothill 31 San Leandro27...the Pirates shocked the Falcons last year and they might do it again..
Folsom at DLS at 7:30 P......the pick.....DLS 38 Folsom 17
Monte Vista at Granite Bay at 7 P.M......the pick....Monte Vista 37 Granite Bay 27
San Ramon Valley at Heritage at 7 P.M......the pick....SRV 40 Heritage 20
Sat. California at Spanish Springs of Sparks Nev at 6 P.M...At south Lake Tahoe.the pick..
California 28 Spanish Springs 21...This will be the second game of the night.
East Bay Valley
Del Oro at Amador Valley at 7 P.M.....the pick.....Amador Valley 34 Del Oro 27
Dougherty Valley at Concord at 7 p.m......the pick Concord 28 Dougherty Valley 14
Castro Valley at Dublin at 7 P.M......the pick Dublin 35 Castro Valley 14
Livermore at Golden Valley Merced at 7 P.M......Livermore 49 Golden Valley 13
Irvington at Granada at 7 P.M.....the pick Granada 41 Irvington 7
ANY THOUGHTS//Z
Sonora playing at the Corral that's worth 2 TD,s for Oakdale advantage.

Reactions: remc
Sonora playing at the Corral that's worth 2 TD,s for Oakdale advantage.
It appears that Oakdale has taken a big hit on grad while Sonora is recovering from last season, so the question is can Oakdale recover enough to stop Sonora???...

I am going out on a limb and taking Folsom 56-42. This may be the most prolific offense that Folsom has ever had. At the same time, stopping DLS is a huge task. Good luck to both teams!
I have to laugh. Thats not a limb. That’s 3000’ up with no net. What was considered the best HSFB team ever only scored 52. And that was with something like 6 turnovers and 2 bad snaps to the punter. And this is a much better defense. I have no problem with you thinking Folsom is going to win. But 56 points. If DLS scores 42 points they win hands down.

Folsom over DLS
Pitt over CVC
Del Oro over Amador Valley
Its more then possible that Del Oro's defense may be too much for Amador Valley...the Don's passing attack will have to be right on the money....This may be one of the best games to see Friday night...

Reactions: RidgeRider
Its more then possible that Del Oro's defense may be too much for Amador Valley...the Don's passing attack will have to be right on the money....This may be one of the best games to see Friday night...
I agree. Most underrated game of the night!

I agree. Most underrated game of the night!
Another game to consider is Freedom at Turlock.....Freedom did not look too swift in scrimmages and maybe its because they didn't use all the players, but again Turlock, this game is for real, with a new coach, will Freedom hold there own....

Reactions: cashisking18
AV has some weapons. Not sure if all will be available on Friday, but I expect a good home crowd in Pleasanton. A little Momentum Del Oro could be in for a Slobber Knocker.

It appears that Oakdale has taken a big hit on grad while Sonora is recovering from last season, so the question is can Oakdale recover enough to stop Sonora???...
Oakdale is a system. Not just the fact they run the much maligned wing-t. Its a system as a community. I watched the scimage last week with Tracy. 4 sophomores play varsity. Blocking and tackling covered. Maybe not as athletic as some of the latest teams. But once again it's a system. And a system that has proven to be successful. Oakdale Bud! Mustang born Mustang bred going to a mustang till the day I'm dead... wooooo!!!!

Oakdale is a system. Not just the fact they run the much maligned wing-t. Its a system as a community. I watched the scimage last week with Tracy. 4 sophomores play varsity. Blocking and tackling covered. Maybe not as athletic as some of the latest teams. But once again it's a system. And a system that has proven to be successful. Oakdale Bud! Mustang born Mustang bred going to a mustang till the day I'm dead... wooooo!!!!
rocknrolus...I keep saying I'm coming to the coral, but haven't made it yet...But I did see Oakdale play Campolindo and even that year it was not one of the Mustangs best teams,but they had enough to take care of Campolindo and later knock off Central catholic. Oakdale has a solid following in town which many schools could use in their neighborhood...

rocknrolus...I keep saying I'm coming to the coral, but haven't made it yet...But I did see Oakdale play Campolindo and even that year it was not one of the Mustangs best teams,but they had enough to take care of Campolindo and later knock off Central catholic. Oakdale has a solid following in town which many schools could use in their neighborhood...
If you come to the Corral hit me up first. I will treat you to our world famous tri tip sandwich.

Did you hear the Campo fan that kept yelling stop #2 ?

Did you hear the Campo fan that kept yelling stop #2 ?
I don't remember hearing a Campo fan yell stop #2, but I think we are talking about the speedy back that ripped off a 70 yarder on the right side of the field....

I don't remember hearing a Campo fan yell stop #2, but I think we are talking about the speedy back that ripped off a 70 yarder on the right side of the field....

Number 2, that was Will Semone. He was ranked number 3 in State for Rushing yards.

De La Salle 42-20. Running clock mid way through 3.

Wish I could go to this game. I would like to be there and sit by the fan of Folsoms that I have been bantering back and fourth with. I would like to be there to watch the look on his face when that running clock starts.

Wish I could go to this game. I would like to be there and sit by the fan of Folsoms that I have been bantering back and fourth with. I would like to be there to watch the look on his face when that running clock starts.
Folsom 35-20 in the 4th with DLS pulling an Oakdale and trying to throw half back passes to get another score on the board to ensure a better looking loss.

"Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick" (In my Chris Berman voice)

tick tock tick tock tick tock......

To a new king of NorCal..................................................

Folsom 35-20 in the 4th with DLS pulling an Oakdale and trying to throw half back passes to get another score on the board to ensure a better looking loss.

Aww that's so cute. Such wishful thinking on your part. Optimism and denial all at the same time. Still not going to change the outcome of an @$$ whooping that DLS is going to put on ya all.

Aww that's so cute. Such wishful thinking on your part. Optimism and denial all at the same time. Still not going to change the outcome of an @$$ whooping that DLS is going to put on ya all.

And when I say a WHOOPIN, I mean a WHOOPIN. Im not talking just 2 TD's like the Oakdale, Folsom game. DLS is going to DESTROY Folsom.

How cute. After tomorrow we can add DLS to a list that includes Oakdale, for whoopins on they're home turf!

I cant wait.............

Go Folsom!

How cute. After tomorrow we can add DLS to a list that includes Oakdale, for whoopins on they're home turf!

I cant wait.............

Go Folsom!

Don't forget to bring that box of tissue with you to that game. When that running clock start in the 4th QTR, I have a feeling you will need it.

Golden Shower: you say Folsom will score 56 points against DLS. Do you realize how few times any team has ever scored 40 on DLS, and the teams that did were MUCH MUCH BETTER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL THAN FOLSOM. Where do you come up with 56 points? Are you smoking something?

Golden Shower: you say Folsom will score 56 points against DLS. Do you realize how few times any team has ever scored 40 on DLS, and the teams that did were MUCH MUCH BETTER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL THAN FOLSOM. Where do you come up with 56 points? Are you smoking something?

He has to be definitely smoking something.

Im not sure how you say pitt is best team on paper in nor cal...dls is expected to have one of its best defenses and decent offense and folsom has an offense that Mark Tennis at Calhisports (who has always supported dls as best in nor cal) said even MD and SJB cannot stop...it is possible that this folsom team - should defense play solid and OL do well...which is very logical to conclude...could be as good if better than the 2014 team and that 2014 team would hands down beat this years Pitt and DLS team...as it stands now...not to day Pitt wount be great but there is a reason why not one single publication or even state publucations like calhi maxpreps calpreps etc. Have pitt ranked even close to folsom or dls...now if pitt goes and beats centennial and dls, and folsom beats dls than maybe you can offer up a comparison...but pitt is not there yet..

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/08/16/history-lesson-dls-vs-folsom/

playsomeball…...Will Semone was the guy, this guy could move and what a tough guy to bring down...
And what most don’t realize was Semone was actually at Central Catholic but buried on the depth chart. I would say that Oakdale was blessed when he knocked on their door. You know the old saying; “one mans junk is another mans treasure”! Sutter played them in Regional that season and had them at the corral until that game altering pick 6 in the 3rd. It then turned into the Semone show. He was a very tough, gritty and deceptively fast kid to take down.

And what most don’t realize was Semone was actually at Central Catholic but buried on the depth chart. I would say that Oakdale was blessed when he knocked on their door. You know the old saying; “one mans junk is another mans treasure”! Sutter played them in Regional that season and had them at the corral until that game altering pick 6 in the 3rd. It then turned into the Semone show. He was a very tough, gritty and deceptively fast kid to take down.

Yes, he was a Central Catholic kid. But he had strong ties to Oakdale. All of his uncles, and Cousins went to Oakdale and still live there. One of his Uncles was a teacher and a freshman baseball coach for Oakdale. He passed away from a brain tumor about 7 years ago. Oakdale had a rough time with Sutter. It was a scary game up until that pick and that changed the momentum of that game. I have the upmost respect for Sutter. They were tough as nails and gave Oakdale the best game Oakdale had that season. Like I said, scary to watch.i walked out of the stadium a couple different times, saying," I can't believe we are going to lose". I really thought wer were going to lose up until that pick.

Your right. Oakdale has taken a BIG hit this season. I'm not sure about this game. Oakdale is my team, but I can't say that I think they will win. Playing at the Coral will give Oakdale a little more of an advantage, but even with that, I wouldn't bet on Oakdale to win this game.

Im not sure how you say pitt is best team on paper in nor cal...dls is expected to have one of its best defenses and decent offense and folsom has an offense that Mark Tennis at Calhisports (who has always supported dls as best in nor cal) said even MD and SJB cannot stop...it is possible that this folsom team - should defense play solid and OL do well...which is very logical to conclude...could be as good if better than the 2014 team and that 2014 team would hands down beat this years Pitt and DLS team...as it stands now...not to day Pitt wount be great but there is a reason why not one single publication or even state publucations like calhi maxpreps calpreps etc. Have pitt ranked even close to folsom or dls...now if pitt goes and beats centennial and dls, and folsom beats dls than maybe you can offer up a comparison...but pitt is not there yet..

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/08/16/history-lesson-dls-vs-folsom/
This has officially become a complete joke. Tonight Folsom may not get the running clock. But they are going to get there ass handed to them on offense, defense, and special teams. And Folsom fans will still bring up 2014. You have absolutely NO right to compare yourself to MD, SJB, or even DLS for that matter. Folsom is a good team. So if you want to live behind some STUPID publication and call yourself a paper champion then go ahead. Whatever it’s doing for you won’t help you tonight. It’s the 11th hour and you are desperately reaching right now.

Reactions: playsomeball
This has officially become a complete joke. Tonight Folsom may not get the running clock. But they are going to get there ass handed to them on offense, defense, and special teams. And Folsom fans will still bring up 2014. You have absolutely NO right to compare yourself to MD, SJB, or even DLS for that matter. Folsom is a good team. So if you want to live behind some STUPID publication and call yourself a paper champion then go ahead. Whatever it’s doing for you won’t help you tonight. It’s the 11th hour and you are desperately reaching right now.
The bus is coming. There is no way to stop it. No time to back out now.

Your right. Oakdale has taken a BIG hit this season. I'm not sure about this game. Oakdale is my team, but I can't say that I think they will win. Playing at the Coral will give Oakdale a little more of an advantage, but even with that, I wouldn't bet on Oakdale to win this game.

Playsomeball,
This Oakdale team sound similar to the team that lost at Sac High in the playoffs about 4 years ago. Does that seem right to you?
IMO, maybe this team takes longer than normal to round into form but that staff, program and community only breeds toughness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT