ADVERTISEMENT

GAME OF THE WEEK AND THE PICK

Playsomeball,
This Oakdale team sound similar to the team that lost at Sac High in the playoffs about 4 years ago. Does that seem right to you?
IMO, maybe this team takes longer than normal to round into form but that staff, program and community only breeds toughness.

I couldn't agree more. This seasons team seems to be similar to the Oakdale team that lost to Sac high. Oakdale was "OK" the year they played Sac high, but that was it. You need to be more than a just "OK" team to make it to a Championship game. I see it being the same this season. The good news is, Oakdale's fresh amd sophomore teams are going to kill it their varsity season.

I couldn't agree more. This seasons team seems to be similar to the Oakdale team that lost to Sac high. Oakdale was "OK" the year they played Sac high, but that was it. You need to be more than a just "OK" team to make it to a Championship game. I see it being the same this season. The good news is, Oakdale's fresh amd sophomore teams are going to kill it their varsity season.

I was at that game. It was the exact opposite of a normal Oakdale game. The lost the physicality part of the game for most of the 1st 3 qtrs. had trouble getting off the field on 3rd downs and had trouble getting consistant drives going on O. That was a smaller team size wise for Oakdale and very young if memory serves me correctly. They lost to a physical and much more talented Sac Hi team on a hot Saturday playoff game. Oakdale's Juniors won a section championship that next yr as seniors though.

Im not sure how you say pitt is best team on paper in nor cal...dls is expected to have one of its best defenses and decent offense and folsom has an offense that Mark Tennis at Calhisports (who has always supported dls as best in nor cal) said even MD and SJB cannot stop...it is possible that this folsom team - should defense play solid and OL do well...which is very logical to conclude...could be as good if better than the 2014 team and that 2014 team would hands down beat this years Pitt and DLS team...as it stands now...not to day Pitt wount be great but there is a reason why not one single publication or even state publucations like calhi maxpreps calpreps etc. Have pitt ranked even close to folsom or dls...now if pitt goes and beats centennial and dls, and folsom beats dls than maybe you can offer up a comparison...but pitt is not there yet..

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/08/16/history-lesson-dls-vs-folsom/
i was saying it because i think by the time it is all said and done... this year's team will probably have 10-12 D1 players... not saying they have that many in the class of 2019... but between their 2019, 2020, and 2021 kids on the field, i think at least 10 of them go D1.

I understand they are not quite at that highest level of team success you are talking about with a De La Salle, i am just saying they possibly have the most talented roster in the area

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT