ADVERTISEMENT

Heck of a slate tonight…. Great games all over the place!

Stuart Hall lost to Athenian 64-60

Hall way too many missed free throws and layups

No 3….i cant pronounce his name but he had to have at least 30 of the points.

The 49ers loss crushed my soul

This loss has literally destroyed sports for me for the next couple months.

I could really care less about Giants baseball.

Just soul crushing, painful, all the words you can think of….thats how I feel right now

Dougherty Valley beat Monte Vista 50-49. Came right down to the final second.

Just soul crushing, painful, all the words you can think of….thats how I feel right now
So, Stuart Hall's season is over?

So, Stuart Hall's season is over?
There is a small chance we get the at large bid since we will most likely be the highest seed eliminated early.

But right now I’m considering that a long shot unfortunately

There is a small chance we get the at large bid since we will most likely be the highest seed eliminated early.

But right now I’m considering that a long shot unfortunately
Berkeley was also a 2-seed that lost tonight. May come down to those 2 teams for the final NorCal spot. I’m not sure what the tiebreaker is, or if they just flip a coin?

Berkeley was also a 2-seed that lost tonight. May come down to those 2 teams for the final NorCal spot. I’m not sure what the tiebreaker is, or if they just flip a coin?

If there are two spots the Hall still alive.

If just one it’ll go to Berkeley since they are in the higher division

I think with Stuart Hall being D5 their season is over.

Yeah the sports Gods gave me 3 Giants World Series titles, 4 Warriors titles and a State Title.

49ers have lost the last 3 Super Bowls

I’ll take it honestly. But still I love my Hall more than all those sports teams combined, so to lose a game like we did tonight plain old sucks

But that’s just sports…..

I hear Taylor swift has a catalog of songs that could help you through this heartache.

I like your humor in your post🤣🤣🤣👏👏

I don’t plan to post much, if at all going forward, but I just wanted to say Conor F’n Maguire! Remember the name!

Hes 5’10 and would be lucky if a D3 school offered him a scholarship.

How many times do I have to tell people this. If you’re under 6’4 your odds of playing college basketball are slim to none. Odds get a tiny bit higher if you’re 6’2 or 6’3 but 6’1 and shorter and you might as well play another sport like baseball where height doesn’t matter as much.

I’m all for propping kids up. Celebrating them.

But I am also a realist, and anyone who is under 6’4 chasing a D1 scholarship is essentially chasing the impossible dream.

How many times do I have to tell people this. If you’re under 6’4 your odds of playing college basketball are slim to none. Odds get a tiny bit higher if you’re 6’2 or 6’3 but 6’1 and shorter and you might as well play another sport like baseball where height doesn’t matter as much.

But I am also a realist, and anyone who is under 6’4 chasing a D1 scholarship is essentially chasing the impossible dream.
Under 6'4 is fine. You just have to be an elite Ball handler, strong defender or great shooter.

Under 6'4 is fine. You just have to be an elite Ball handler, strong defender or great shooter.

Nearly impossible to be an elite defender when your opponent is 4 inches or more taller than you are.

Can someone name one elite defender in the nba is the height range I mentioned above?

And I know there is Curry, trae young and Brunson but those guys give up just as many points as they score sometimes.

But defense isn’t sexy so no one mentions that

Nearly impossible to be an elite defender when your opponent is 4 inches or more taller than you are.

Can someone name one elite defender in the nba is the height range I mentioned above?

And I know there is Curry, trae young and Brunson but those guys give up just as many points as they score sometimes.

But defense isn’t sexy so no one mentions that
As a 6'5 player I know the advantages. I just think you are giving misleading information.
While prolific can get all 6'4 fellas.. the best two on the team last year were barely 6 feet. And I agree.. curry, young and Brunson are not great defensive players solo.. but that's why I said you better be able to do something really good

Conor F’n Maguire!

As a 6'5 player I know the advantages. I just think you are giving misleading information.
While prolific can get all 6'4 fellas.. the best two on the team last year were barely 6 feet. And I agree.. curry, young and Brunson are not great defensive players solo.. but that's why I said you better be able to do something really good
Check out how those two 6 footers are doing at Auburn and Xavier…..honestly if I had my druthers, I would have started Zion at some point last year. But I had no say in the matter.

For the record they are great kids….just proves my point that in TODAYS game there is very little room for guys under 6’3 past the college level. And both those kids are pissed at me because I told them what other people wouldn’t.

I hate knocking people with a lack of experience, especially if they're trying to learn, but this comes off like a college freshman who takes into to psychology and thinks they can diagnose people after 1 semester. The statement "if you're under 6'4 your chance of playing college ball are slim to none. Let's take a look at the ap top 10 and see if there are any players in that range. I won't add anyone who doesn't avg 5 or more ppg and only listed at 6'1 and under.

Uconn- None
Houston- LJ Cryer 6'1 15.0 ppg
Jamal Shead 6'1 13.3 ppg

Purdue- Braden Smith 12.8 ppg 5.7 rpg
Lance Jones 12.8 ppg

Tennessee- Zakai Zieglier 5-9 11.0 ppg

Iowa State- Tamin Lipsey 6'1 12.8 ppg

Marquette- Sean Jones 5'10 5.8 ppg

Duke- Jeremy Roach 6'1 14 0 ppg

Kansas- Dajuan Harris 6'1 8.0 ppg

UNC- RJ Davis 6'0 21.3 ppg
Elliot Cadeau 6'1 7ppg

In doing this quick rundown, there are even more players on these 10 teams between 6'2-6'4. We all know players never list themselves shorter than they are. If you had argued size in regards to a team's make up and their potential success, you can make that argument. The reality is, like ankle pointed out, if you can be elite at something and play your role, coaches will find a place for you. The key word being elite.

Edit: Can't exclude nor cal short kings Darrion Trammel 8ppg and Ryan Beasly 7.4, both listed at 5-10.

Last edited:
I hate knocking people with a lack of experience, especially if they're trying to learn, but this comes off like a college freshman who takes into to psychology and thinks they can diagnose people after 1 semester. The statement "if you're under 6'4 your chance of playing college ball are slim to none. Let's take a look at the ap top 10 and see if there are any players in that range. I won't add anyone who doesn't avg 5 or more ppg and only listed at 6'1 and under.

Uconn- None
Houston- LJ Cryer 6'1 15.0 ppg
Jamal Shead 6'1 13.3 ppg

Purdue- Braden Smith 12.8 ppg 5.7 rpg
Lance Jones 12.8 ppg

Tennessee- Zakai Zieglier 5-9 11.0 ppg

Iowa State- Tamin Lipsey 6'1 12.8 ppg

Marquette- Sean Jones 5'10 5.8 ppg

Duke- Jeremy Roach 6'1 14 0 ppg

Kansas- Dajuan Harris 6'1 8.0 ppg

UNC- RJ Davis 6'0 21.3 ppg
Elliot Cadeau 6'1 7ppg

In doing this quick rundown, there are even more players on these 10 teams between 6'2-6'4. We all know players never list themselves shorter than they are. If you had argued size in regards to a team's make up and their potential success, you can make that argument. The reality is, like ankle pointed out, if you can be elite at something and play your role, coaches will find a place for you. The key word being elite.

Edit: Can't exclude nor cal short kings Darrion Trammel 8ppg and Ryan Beasly 7.4, both listed at 5-10.
This is good stuff. Basketball is a sport that a lot of different types of players can succeed. Yes, if you are undersized for a position, you need to do a lot of other stuff really well, but it isn't a stop sign for future success

Especially since this whole convo started with me pumping up my guy, and I didn’t ask nor make any statement about his college prospects :)

As his coach at International I’m throwing some love on the undersized kid who’s carried our program on his back and led us to our first norcal bid in 18 years. In our 3 NCS games has averaged 24/9/5 as a junior along with the best leadership I have ever had in my 15 years as a coach.

And although I’m a little bit biased yes he will play d3 ball.

I’m sorry that Hall lost. I have actually head coached each and every player in their rotation aside from Spencer, who I’ve assisted and spent many hours in the gym with. I’m extremely fond of those guys and Charley and it felt destined for us to play each other in the semis. Huge bummer that didn’t happen.

Gotta give credit to Athenian too. They are playing their best ball at the right time and #3 Surya Devasenapathy deserves major love for the way he’s been playing. That kid has worked extremely hard to get to where he’s at. Curious to see how they do against Head Royce tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT