ADVERTISEMENT

Honors Game 3, CVC at Oak Ridge

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Phone signal suddenly sucks…

deleted my previous post.

Dunno if I’ll be able to do anything now.

No, my initial post for this game somehow ended up in the basketball side…. I did NOT put it there.

wtf????

Anyway, OR should be a fairly heavy favorite here.

OR is undefeated, CVC’s only win is against winless Salinas.

W
Anyway, OR should be a fairly heavy favorite here.

OR is undefeated, CVC’s only win is against winless Salinas.

I’m not sure kiddman. OR has struggled offensively this year and is banged up. CVC lost to one of the best programs in AZ last week. I would be surprised if it’s not a close one.

13-0 at the half. CVC has gotten tough defensively, but they need to find something that works with the ball.

OR defense is good. CVC is not at the same level they were the last few years.
Agree. CVC offense is tough to watch. Keep in mind #7 molloy is still out at LB/TE for OR. He should be back from leg injury by league. He is the glue. But I don’t know if OR is good enough on offense to make a threat to Folsom.

Masterpiece of a 98-yard drive for an OR TD…

2-point conversion, 21-0…. and I’m off to beat the traffic.

Reactions: remc
Ugly eagles were as ugly as advertised. Wow that program is down. They seemed like they didn’t want to be here. That can’t be the 5th best NCS team.
Yes definitely a step down from the past several years. Probably a .500 team this year.

Yes definitely a step down from the past several years. Probably a .500 team this year.
I could see that Bella. OR still has some questions on offense and completely dominated this game. OR defensively however is stellar this year.

Ugly eagles were as ugly as advertised. Wow that program is down. They seemed like they didn’t want to be here. That can’t be the 5th best NCS team.

I was at The CVC scrimmage at the end of the summer and they definitely looked like they have dropped back a notch…. Their O-Line looked strong but they seemed to lack depth overall and their defense was not very impressive…. Teams they should have dominated were moving the ball and scoring on them….

CVC is dropping back down to the DFAL next year due to re-alignment…. They won’t be playing in the EBAL anymore….

I was at The CVC scrimmage at the end of the summer and they definitely looked like they have dropped back a notch…. Their O-Line looked strong but they seemed to lack depth overall and their defense was not very impressive…. Teams they should have dominated were moving the ball and scoring on them….

CVC is dropping back down to the DFAL next year due to re-alignment…. They won’t be playing in the EBAL anymore….
That's interesting they are dropping back to the Diablo. I'm sure Campolindo isn't thrilled about that.

I think CVC is a good example of a pretty down year in the NCS. Pitt may be on par with past teams and SRV is likely on the high end of their variance, but everyone else for the most part seem to be down

That's interesting they are dropping back to the Diablo. I'm sure Campolindo isn't thrilled about that.

I think CVC is a good example of a pretty down year in the NCS. Pitt may be on par with past teams and SRV is likely on the high end of their variance, but everyone else for the most part seem to be down
Streak I was thinking same thing about NCS this year. SRV seems like real deal but overall it’s pretty down and I thought Windsor was going to be stronger and they are still solid but maybe not at the level I was expecting. But DLS, PItt, CVC are all down to me.

Reactions: THEOC89
Streak I was thinking same thing about NCS this year. SRV seems like real deal but overall it’s pretty down and I thought Windsor was going to be stronger and they are still solid but maybe not at the level I was expecting. But DLS, PItt, CVC are all down to me.
Windsors line play is going to be there Achilles. Especially the farther along to go in the season and the playoffs. I think that’s what trips them up.

Skill wise they’re great, but that doesn’t win you championships alone. Unless you have the horses on both sides upfront, it will catch up.

If PITT or SRV does not Beat DLS this year, then they never will…. 🤣

We could actually have a PITT vs SRV in The NCS open this year and DLS in D1…. CVC has no shot….

Regarding Windsor, was really suprised to see them lose to Escalon and Then Escalon lost to Cal by 3 TD’s….. To @bella123 ‘s point about line play, both Escalon and Campo are always going to bring some great line play, those are well coached teams….

Should be a good one between PITT and CAL coming up this Friday!…. CAL’s loss was to San Juan Hills who is currently 4-0 and Top 10 in Orange County….

Windsors line play is going to be there Achilles. Especially the farther along to go in the season and the playoffs. I think that’s what trips them up.

Skill wise they’re great, but that doesn’t win you championships alone. Unless you have the horses on both sides upfront, it will catch up.

I heard the same thing Bella which makes Newman a legit title contender because there line play is really strong. If they get better production from QB they will be tough to beat.

I saw this in their game against Salinas. They couldn't generate a consistent passing game early, so they pretty much abandoned it for nearly two quarters. Even in some key 3rd down situations where you knew Salinas was going to throw their LBs at the LOS, they still continued to try to run. As a result, the score was 0-0 at the half and only 3-0 after the 3rd qtr.

A lot of the press and fans were going on about the Cowboy D, but the CVC play calling had a lot to do with that. Both CVC and Salinas teams from 2022 would have beaten this year's CVC pretty convincingly, IMO.

I'm not sure that Marin Catholic is down, but we can't really tell due to no game against a St. Ignatius or McClymonds this year. I suppose San Joaquin Memorial was supposed to be their big game, but that team is really struggling so far. MC is doing what they're expected to be doing, at least. I couldn't see them losing to CVC, though.

Reactions: bella123 and MC415
MC has a great program. I couldn’t see them losing to CVC either. And oddly enough I can’t even recall a completed pass against OR now that I think about it! Yeah unfortunately MC won’t be challenged much until last game against San Marin. That is another program that is solid this year in NCS. So really there are some mid tier teams in NCS that appear to be up or equal to prior years. It’s the top dawgs who fell off.

I think MV, Cal and AV look all legit too after some down years along with El Cerrito who should be undefeated after ducking out against Grant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT