HS Baseball - Fans Attack Umpire

Where Are They Now

Sports Fanatic
Sep 6, 2011
Alamo
https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/article261573487.html

https://www.mercedsunstar.com/sports/high-school/article261511232.html
cleardot.gif

DC took BP during their "baseball class" during the school day. BH was coming up early and DC invited BH to take BP also.

BH declined.

A BH admin took video of DC taking BP, which "live BP" is a violation of CIF rules. The section ruled that DC must forfeit. Technically, the ruling is correct.
But! If it is a part of a school class where they are getting a grade, they might have a case. They are appealing. Games 2 and 3 were moved to neutral sites on Thursday and Friday with no spectators in attendance - even the DC parents who did nothing.

Thursday at Laguna Creek (field is fine with covered dugouts, and plenty of grandstands even though they won't be needed) and Friday at Monterey Trail (field is a dump and dugouts are not covered, very little shade or places to sit).

Will be interesting to see what happens on the appeal.

I think they have a case. It's bad form but CIF typically doesn't govern what takes place during the school day.

Reactions: bella123
Both initial rulings got changed. Game 2 will be at Buhach and Game 3 if necessary back at Del Campo.

Del Campo's forfeit has been revoked and they are up 1-0 in the series

Both initial rulings got changed. Game 2 will be at Buhach and Game 3 if necessary back at Del Campo.

Del Campo's forfeit has been revoked and they are up 1-0 in the series

Great news Streak One and: Seven BH parents were identified and will not be allowed to be in attendance.

Last edited:
interesting nobody on here talking about the thugs who tried fighting the umpire
I think those are the seven that aren't allowed to attend. But that all incident is a huge issue and maybe the biggest issue facing prep sports right now (the verbal and now physical abuse of umpires and officials).

In the moment, my attention was on Del Campo having to forfeit for BP (since revoked) and the decision to play at neutral sites without fans (since revoked) because of its impact on the playoffs.

But I agree the fighting should be talked about more

I hope there is a lot more punishment for the aggressors than being Restricted from watching a few games. Full charges should be pressed .

Reactions: Where Are They Now
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT