ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting non-league games in 2019/2020 season

Never said the were lightweight, just not much of a challenge for DO.

I get what your saying, but look at it from Inderkum’s perspective. They feel they got slighted in the playoff seedings and the knock on them was they didn’t play a tough out of league schedule. If teams like DO won’t schedule because they are perceived as not much of a challenge, then how do they achieve the stronger schedule? And from DO’s perspective, why wouldn’t you want to get an early season win vs a potential 2-3 seed in your playoff division? That’s only going to help your seed come playoff time.

I get what your saying, but look at it from Inderkum’s perspective. They feel they got slighted in the playoff seedings and the knock on them was they didn’t play a tough out of league schedule. If teams like DO won’t schedule because they are perceived as not much of a challenge, then how do they achieve the stronger schedule? And from DO’s perspective, why wouldn’t you want to get an early season win vs a potential 2-3 seed in your playoff division? That’s only going to help your seed come playoff time.
Agree, from Inderkum's perspective they win in the category of scheduling. But perspective was from DO's and point being last year's DO schedule was soft and many pointed out how it showed late in season.

If Inderkum is your "soft" game on your schedule then I think you're doing a decent job of scheduling, I doubt they will be an easy out
Until they can stand up to DO and win or at least lose by less than 7, it's barely a moderate challenge at best.

Anyone suggesting Inderkum is a lightweight is on meth and a wind-up merchant.

it is likely the MaxPreps scorekeeper for the blue field folks.

Reactions: 13 others
Never said the were lightweight, just not much of a challenge for DO.

Inderkum largely outplayed Central Catholic in the playoffs and should have won. Central Catholic largely outplayed Del Oro.

Inderkum-Del Oro this year would have been a really good game and I would not be shocked at all if Indy won.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Agree, from Inderkum's perspective they win in the category of scheduling. But perspective was from DO's and point being last year's DO schedule was soft and many pointed out how it showed late in season.
Last years DO pre-season schedule was Amador Valley, Oak Grove, Windsor & Sacramento. Inderkum is an upgrade.

Anyone suggesting Inderkum is a lightweight is on meth and a wind-up merchant.

it is likely the MaxPreps scorekeeper for the blue field folks.
Did it take you long to come up with this one? At what point did you put the vodka down and start typing? When you don't agree, you head straight to insults. The facts are Inderkum hasn't sniffed DO in multiple games, Inderkum goes 10-0 every season by playing likes of bella vista, kennedy, pioneer, lincoln of stockton, woodcreek (SearsPoint you should look at who those 10+ win seasons came against), and have the most D1 athletes in the section, but crumble in playoffs against tested teams. Definitely the most challenging pre-season game for Inderkum in many years, but that wasn't the point was it?

Palma Non-League Schedule
Mitty
Sacred Heart Cathedral
Oakdale

I haven't heard Palma plays Mitty unless it is week of 9/7. Mitty's schedule so far is:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14xjR549205uYg6cIGViHqESlR2-TjINTCzktEWBLaxQ/edit

8/17 Fri Milpitas (scrimmage) Milpitas 4:00

8/25 Sat Oakdale (Honor Bowl) at Saint Francis 12:00

8/31 Fri Menlo-Atherton Foothill College 7:00

Where did you hear Mitty plays Palma? You know date? Did Oakdale switch dates with Mitty and Palma. It seems both schedules may be tied. It seems Palma had Soledad 8/24 slot open and Menlo Atherton 9/7 slot open. One of those went to Oakdale and playing Sacred Heart Cathedral again on 8/31 away unless that has changed.

Did it take you long to come up with this one? At what point did you put the vodka down and start typing? When you don't agree, you head straight to insults. The facts are Inderkum hasn't sniffed DO in multiple games, Inderkum goes 10-0 every season by playing likes of bella vista, kennedy, pioneer, lincoln of stockton, woodcreek (SearsPoint you should look at who those 10+ win seasons came against), and have the most D1 athletes in the section, but crumble in playoffs against tested teams. Definitely the most challenging pre-season game for Inderkum in many years, but that wasn't the point was it?

Well Inderkum did beat Sac High (2016) the same season sac high beat Folsom and were ranked #1 in the second round of the playoffs. Inderkum did beat Jesuit the next week in the semi-finals. Yes lost to DO in the section game. We lost this year 2018 in a tough one to Central Catholic. Game played on turf might have been different. They are a traditionally strong program as well. I guess in Kickingtee eyes unless you are DLS, Mater Dei, SJB, IMG academy you are a lightweight program. :)

Reactions: John Mellencamp
Thanks; I guess the Folsom posters need to realize their team is not prominent nationally.

Probably more important that people recognize that most Folsom fans don't believe (or care) that their team is prominent nationally.

They are a traditionally strong program as well.
Strong with a traditionally weak schedule. In 14 years, have won 85% of games and undefeated league champions every year for past 12 years (not 2012), but just 4 section title appearances and no wins. As stated, great preseason game for Inderkum, they need more of them.

I haven't heard Palma plays Mitty unless it is week of 9/7. Mitty's schedule so far is:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14xjR549205uYg6cIGViHqESlR2-TjINTCzktEWBLaxQ/edit

8/17 Fri Milpitas (scrimmage) Milpitas 4:00

8/25 Sat Oakdale (Honor Bowl) at Saint Francis 12:00

8/31 Fri Menlo-Atherton Foothill College 7:00

Where did you hear Mitty plays Palma? You know date? Did Oakdale switch dates with Mitty and Palma. It seems both schedules may be tied. It seems Palma had Soledad 8/24 slot open and Menlo Atherton 9/7 slot open. One of those went to Oakdale and playing Sacred Heart Cathedral again on 8/31 away unless that has changed.

That document was from last year. It says it was updated last August. Those dates match up with 2018.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Saw that CV-Charter got a rematch with Liberty in the Honor Bowl. This year it looks like its hosted at Logan. I dont think that Honor Bowl match-up between St. Francis and Oakdale is taking place, as I see the games are slated for 9/7.

Does Liberty still have Mack and Rocklin on the schedule? Would love to see Liberty play a Folsom. According to Max Preps St. Marys of Stockton plays at Logan the week prior to the Honor Bowl.

Saw that CV-Charter got a rematch with Liberty in the Honor Bowl. This year it looks like its hosted at Logan. I dont think that Honor Bowl match-up between St. Francis and Oakdale is taking place, as I see the games are slated for 9/7.

Does Liberty still have Mack and Rocklin on the schedule? Would love to see Liberty play a Folsom. According to Max Preps St. Marys of Stockton plays at Logan the week prior to the Honor Bowl.

The NorCal Honor Bowl is going to have only NCS teams? CVC vs. Liberty and Logan vs. Heritage.

The SoCal version has 3 out-of-state teams.

Hoping there are more NorCal games announced.

The NorCal Honor Bowl is going to have only NCS teams? CVC vs. Liberty and Logan vs. Heritage.

The SoCal version has 3 out-of-state teams.

Hoping there are more NorCal games announced.
Why isn't Liberty playing Gilroy again?

Why isn't Liberty playing Gilroy again?
Ha Ha....! Given last year's score and the fact that Gilroy went 1-9 last season averaging giving up 40 points a game and only scoring 8 is a good indicator that it wouldn't be a good game.

That document was from last year. It says it was updated last August. Those dates match up with 2018.
The date on the heading was wrong. LOL In any event Palma has an average nonleague schedule for a small school. They will have lots of talent at skill positions and and line should be good. Defense could be better and will have to be in stopping the Wing T which they failed last season against Aptos in second game. Salinas should have good offense at least passing...looking like QB ihas interest from Wash, UCLA and Cal. Will be interesting with Carmel in the Gab next season.

Liberty should be pretty good on offense with returning QB Butterfield, and WRs Turner and Borelli, but lose top OL and WR/defender Sione Vaki and WR
Tyerell Sturges-Cofer. Not sure they will b better than last year. Probably comparable and Butterfield should be better. He was exposed a little in games against DLS and the state bowl as far as needs to improve in certain areas, but has a while and a summer to get better. I think their coaching staff has got the program on a strong track so probably a reloads year.

I’d like to see Pitt vs Folsom. I think the matchup of athletes on both sides would be very interesting. I also think, however, that Pitt needs to upgrade the QB position, not athletically but when it comes to X’s and O’s. They seem to need a better OC. Those two improvements would put them over the top. They waste too many athletes.

Reactions: Paloma
I’d like to see Pitt vs Folsom. I think the matchup of athletes on both sides would be very interesting. I also think, however, that Pitt needs to upgrade the QB position, not athletically but when it comes to X’s and O’s. They seem to need a better OC. Those two improvements would put them over the top. They waste too many athletes.

I couldn’t agree more with this. I don’t see Pitt doing well against Folsom to be honest. Folsom is simply better coached. (I know about coaching changes)

When do schedules for the new year typically come out? I am wondering if Folsom will have anyone of prominance outside of DLS this next year?

Aptos going to be good again next year ? That’s a tough preseason
Aptos has a decent senior class next year. They lose most of their top skill players this coming season including a very good QB. They still have some RBs that rotated in so not starting from scratch. They tend to work hard in the offseason and reload to a certain extent although they won't be the favorite in their league. They will be small in size but strong for their size and run the Wing T really well. I think they will be anywhere from 2-4 in their league next season behind Palma, and possibly behind Salinas and Carmel. They will be competitive in their league but I have them not winning their league.

Aptos will spread the ball around with the Wing T. Their RBs will be pretty good. Not great but good. TE will be good. QB may be inexperienced since they need to reload their and could be a sophomore. They may lose a little speed from last season but have a few players. I think losing their QB from last season is big for their offense. Their weakness last season was pass defense - they were terrible, but swarm on run defense. Line has a couple I know of coming back that were strong and quick. I don't believe they will be as good as last season but they could surprise and they tend to reload to a certain degree. Placer looks like they will be strong with seniors and Oakdale probably better than last season. Not sure about Newport Harbor.

Reactions: MC415
aptos plays =

Newport Harbor
Oakdale
Placer

That's a great schedule for them. Do you know where the Newport Harbor game is going to be played? I live about 15 minutes from that school.

I couldn’t agree more with this. I don’t see Pitt doing well against Folsom to be honest. Folsom is simply better coached. (I know about coaching changes)
Truthhertz...I think you are right....I believe Folsom will give Pitt a good beating...For years, it seems that the chemistry at Pitt does not work. They always have very good troops to work with, but there is something always missing to make them the killer team that years ago they were.

Reactions: remc
Truthhertz...I think you are right....I believe Folsom will give Pitt a good beating...For years, it seems that the chemistry at Pitt does not work. They always have very good troops to work with, but there is something always missing to make them the killer team that years ago they were.
I think Folsom would win, but not a “good beating “. They wouldn’t have the athlete advantage. They’d win due to superior coaching.

I think Folsom would win, but not a “good beating “. They wouldn’t have the athlete advantage. They’d win due to superior coaching.

Pitt would most definitely have a athletic advantage most years if this match up ever materialized. Pitts program however is so poorly coached/run they would lose more often than not.

Reactions: advin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT