ADVERTISEMENT

Is the SJS the toughest Section in Nor Cal

snack5

I wont be different because Brookside beat Salesian in the WCJ by 11 that beat SMB by 16 in the NCS D4 Championship. You tell me what would have made the difference in D4 ?????

Originally posted by RespectBBGame:

Mo Green

This for all the haters that keep hating !!!!! This is not about the Players only the haters and you know who you are !!!!!!!

The only thing that is water down thing is the sound of toilet of what you thought was going to Happen!!!!!!!
Can anybody here that!!!! I can hear a pen drop!!!!! It must be a day of grieving and flags at half staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow the board has never been this Quite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is for all the Players and Coaches in Playoffs of Norcal!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job for all the hard played games in the Norcal Sections Playoffs !!!! Some has to win and somebody has to lose but in the end everyone is a winner to make the Norcal Playoffs!!!!!!!! Good luck in the State Championship and win all 6 Championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 3/22 4:10 PM by RespectBBGame
This post was edited on 3/22 4:12 PM by RespectBBGame
Make up your mind.

And please quote any post of mine stating what I thought was going to happen in D-IV.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if posters hate anything BC, it is chest beating ass clowns such as yourself, more than anything actually associated with the program.

Now go get your ####### shine box.

How can you use score comparisons to determine weither or not a team or in this case 2 would have made a difference? The 2 best d4 teams weren't in d4. Sm beat berkely by 20 and Brookside lost to them. Sm also beat piedmont by 30 who Brookside best by 8. Brookside also lost to bradshaw by 12 and sm beat them also. Salesian beat SM 3 of 4 times. How can you say those 2 teams not being in D4 make no difference?

Be happy for your teams people. But don't do too much with the comments. Congrats to Mitty, McClatchy, BOD, Brookside and Easstside prep, best of luck in the state championships.

Mo Green

Now what does " Shin box" mean?? Can anyone tell what this means beside a racial slur??? I have to report this one???

Luvthe

Congratulations to Brookside. 27 free throws to 5, referees are never the cause of a loss but their was a ref in that game that seemed pretty friendly with BC coach. I saw them against Salesian, Bradshaw(film) and Justin-Siena. I thought they would beat Piedmont. I still do not think they have gotten a lot better since December but they are playing on the last day of the season which is awesome. I think they have their hands full against Sierra Canyon. Both teams had similar "questionable" losses in the sections to find their way in D4 State game. Brookside has 3 D1 players. Sierra Canyon has at least 2. This is Sierra Canyon's 3rd State Championship appearance in a row. I would be surprised if BC gets them but if McDonald gets to the line 18 x....they have a chance.

winer tot

Nice to see you back from under your rock !?!? okay you need a break down Brookside was much faster than CN they had a hard time keeping up ? it should have been 35 free throws too 5 !!! i dont think CN had 1 fast break basket they hit mostly 3sssss that keeped them in the game !?!? their a good team but if they dont get foot speed on that team they will never be able too keep up with a faster more atletic team like BROOKSIDE !?!? so anything you say now is BULL@%#%# The referring helped CN believe it or not ........? It could have been 10 to 20 point win !?!? So I guess they was good engouh in December too play for the state title !?!? and Brookside expects nothing but the best from Sierra Canyon ??? No cake walks In STATE TITLE GAME !!! So you should get on the Bus with us its NORTH vs SOUTH
So good luck next year hopefully CN have some incoming freshmen with speed coming because you need some Speed on your roster !?!?

This post was edited on 3/22 9:59 PM by luvthegame21

BC got the calls because they were playing with their refs. I know people who know the inner workings and it was political that BC beat Piedmont.

Originally posted by RespectBBGame:

Mo Green

Now what does " Shin box" mean?? Can anyone tell what this means beside a racial slur??? I have to report this one???
roll.r191677.gif

luv -

Thank you for the breakdown. My understanding was Cardinal Newman had 2 free throws down 1 with 50 seconds left in the game. I also heard that Cardinal Newman was up 4 with 4 minutes left in the game. That is why I did not blame the referees. Although, I did mention that there seemed to be a familiarity with the coach and one of the officials. My understanding the official with the dread locks was on a first name basis with BC scorekeeper when he arrived on the court. Needless to say, parents perspectives are always A LITTLE one sided.

This post was edited on 3/23 12:39 PM by winetot

This post was edited on 3/23 1:30 PM by winetot

Wine tot

WOW the referee with the dread locks ?!?! Are you referring to the colored referee ? Racial now..........? Three referees officiated the game all three would have had to be in on the fix ??? You need to look at the film and pay Close attention to the colored referee before you cry wolf
Brookside out played CN end of this old story.

Winetot,
I am the BC scorekeeper....let me enlighten you a bit. First, the refs hairstyle is called cornrows, not dreadlocks....secondly, I didn't know the refs name that day and still don't know it today....and he certainly does not know my name. Actually, he has reffed some BC games over the last few years and has never done BC any favors...in fact, my thought when I saw him was oh great, we have him (meaning not great). I am a teacher in Hayward and my co-worker is a ref. Before we left school, he mentioned that his partna (friend) was going to be reffing at Cardinal Newman and he described him to me...so, when I saw him by the score table before the game I asked him if he knew my coworker...he said yes, and then the man(won't say his name although he is on NCP all the time and will see this and can verify my story...Cardinal Newman fan by the way)jokingly said, hey no smoozing with the ref...we both laughed and that was the end of it. So, please do not try to insinuate any kind of favortism or unfairness.

Respectfully,
Shireen

Re: Is the SJS the toughest Section in Nor Cal/Shine Box

Mo is using the "shine box" term from Mafia movie Goodfellas. Even though Mo Green comes from the Godfather, its used in Goodfellas. Billy Batz who is a "made man" comes home from prison after six years in prison. He is at Henry Hill's place and little Tommy walks in with his girl Billy starts "busting his balls" and gets Tommy really pissed . He makes fun of Tommy who shined shoes as a kid. Afther they calm down , Billy fires back "go home and get your shine box" . Tommy goes nuts and leaves but tells Henry to "keep him here". Later Tommy comes back when the bar is closeing . Billy is still there. I can't say what happens to Billy Batz because its too graphic for this board. You will have to watch the scene from the movie. What this has to do with girls basketball, I have no idea. Only Mo can explain.

Re: Is the SJS the toughest Section in Nor Cal/Shine Box

So a referee from the SJS did the game? What other associations were represented? As for the other 2 having to be in on the "fix". I was at the Drake -Campolindo Boys game and there were 5 foul calls on Campolindo in the 2nd half. 16 on Drake(2 late because of score). All 5 fouls on Campo were by one referee. Does that mean the other 2 were on a different "fix"?

Winetot,
You should stop trying to make something out of nothing. The ref is not from SJS. Brookside has not been in a league for 2 years now so we play our games all over. There is no conspiracy here. Brookside girls played their butts off. Why not just give credit where credit is due.

I didn't see the game, but I'm not surprised at all by Brookside getting to the line more -- BC is much quicker, and generally a quickness advantage results in more free throws than the opponent.

But of course there are bad calls -- these are high school refs, not NBA refs (and we all know NBA refs never make mistakes).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT