ADVERTISEMENT

Job openings?

Help me out about this issue. Edison was a talented team for 3 years and some of you r saying what a great job he has done. I'm lost on want u see ? He had bigs and strong guard play. But at the same time instead of coaching he became a fan. Understand u can be a fan when your team is up 20 points and the game is also over but u cannot be a fan when it's time to change the gameplan when it's not working. There r too many diamonds in the ruff that don't get the proper coaching from what i seen at some of the schools in this area. Don't ever out coach your talent but never become a fan and don't know the talent u have on your team. So i will disagree with some of your comments on what a great job he has done and now moving onto boy's basketball. Please help me understand your comments on this issue

Help me out about this issue. Edison was a talented team for 3 years and some of you r saying what a great job he has done. I'm lost on want u see ? He had bigs and strong guard play. But at the same time instead of coaching he became a fan. Understand u can be a fan when your team is up 20 points and the game is also over but u cannot be a fan when it's time to change the gameplan when it's not working. There r too many diamonds in the ruff that don't get the proper coaching from what i seen at some of the schools in this area. Don't ever out coach your talent but never become a fan and don't know the talent u have on your team. So i will disagree with some of your comments on what a great job he has done and now moving onto boy's basketball. Please help me understand your comments on this issue

If you know so much about the game, why aren't you coaching? Why didn't you step up when Edison had an opening. People want to always complain but never step up and do something...Well, I enjoy complaining and not stepping up and doing something but my kid doesn't play anymore lol

Reactions: jstblev and OnBall8
Did i hurt your feelings about the Edison article nor cal ? you need to read the article real slow and understand the concept. I did my time also coaching and when i see a good coach i do give him the respect that is due. There are some good coaches in the area. So of you need a hug I'll give you one. Let's understand one thing some people can coach and some are fan's in coaching. Been in the coaching for a very long time and I'm still learning from some good coaches in this area with the old school and new school concept. I'm giving input on this forum due to I'm tire of some of you guy's sitting on raw talent and letting it slip thru the cracks. So understand one that the always hurt more then a lie

You are right you don't know this guy and what he has done. Another key point you make is where did i coach ? Does it really matter don't get upset if the true concept of the game is what it is. Help me out on understanding the pick and roll this is old school and it still work to this day and putting in a motion offence with it. Don't come playing checkers when another coach is playing chess you win some and you lose some but please have your head in the game. So please read this article real slow also so you understand what I'm saying. Again there are good coaches out there that i have all due respect for on what they are doing with their program. Since you don't know about this Edison coach why are you so upset prove me wrong so i can say i am sorry but i haven't seen one article to prove to me I'm wrong. But thank you for your input but i haven't learned anything from your article so again Each One Teach One

I think it was a little unfair to jump on Let's Be Real -- his point was that he felt Diondre didn't get as much out of his talent as he should have, and that the credit that was given might not have been due.

That's not an unreasonable point to make, and it's been made about a lot of coaches. Now I really can't say how valid the point is, as the times I saw Edison play they were organized and played hard, which are two very important things a coach has to do. I don't know their personnel well enough to say if there were girls who should have been better or playing more or whatever, but I think the people who can respond to Let's Be Real with some justification are those who are familiar with the Edison roster and saw them play a lot. I'm not in that category, however ...

Reactions: Willtalk
and clay, I think in most cases you would be right, criticizing/ critiquing a coach isn't terrible. But most of the time it is part of a greater breakdown of a game or season.. thats not the same thing as coming on to a job openings post, seeing nice things people are saying to this coach on his way out and subsequently creating an account (or possibly an alternate account) just to say these things.. its lowbrow.. I respect the posters that come on here and offer content and opinion on a multitude of things, not the posters that are only here to react to things they want to B***H about... if it comes from someone else that doesn't have only 4 posts, and a joined date of "yesterday", then I guarantee this comes across differently to both norcal and I

Last edited:
I think there's a difference between critiquing someone and being critical. I've critiqued many coaches on here for this or that, but I always try to state why I think this or why I think that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I think the way we convey our opinion is what we're talking about.

Reactions: OnBall8
Thank you again for a great input from both of you guy's. I truly love your inputs and have follow both of you for the pass 4 year's and have all respect for your knowledge of the game and talent in it. I felt it was time to join this forum since we are giving some people credit which is not justified that's my opinion. Let's not act like we all can't learn how to improve raw talent or talented children in the game. I have witness rude attitudes towards children that wanted to learn the game and pushed away due to a coach needs and wants at this level. You treat everyone the way you want to be treated with and give them a chance. Regardless if i just came on this forum yesterday or been here for pass 20 year's. I see what i see and when i see talented or raw talent children not being coached up don't say what a great job they have done when you know how to out coach this person because the coach doesn't know the talent he have on his team. I'm still learning from one of my buddies who played at Kansas under Coach Larry Brown Championship team. Which he stated that you never know what you have until you give that individual a chance and push them to be better. Each One Teach One

you use so many words and yet say nothing... this has to be respect... do you keep forgetting your password or something???

Wow here u go prove me wrong on what I'm saying. Can't handle the truth. No need to be on this forum since only one person came back with some truth like Coach K. Each One Teach One

Respectbball made more sense then alot of people on this forum and I've learned alot from him about the game Each One Teach One you are not looking too good with your feedback Each One Teach One I'm done have a nice day

you use so many words and yet say nothing... this has to be respect... do you keep forgetting your password or something???
he is saying that the coach (former) did not win according to his talent.
i apologize if i am incorrect lets be real

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT