ADVERTISEMENT

Keyboard comes out, first time this year…. for guess who??

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Campo takes on St. Pat’s St Vincent for its foundation tripleheader!

btw…. the word “Vincent” always makes me think of Sgt. Vince Carter on Gomer Pyle…

I can’t HEARRRRRRRRR you!!

Cougs frosh dominate the first quarter despite an inability to finish in close, but they got a kajillion offense boards and scored enough to be up 10-2 after 8 minutes.

Nearly pitched a shutout that quarter…. SPSV didn’t score until about 8 seconds left. Cougs lead 38-9.

36-12 at the half…

Football star Crosby Kelly is out here as bench help for the Campo JV’s…. Gotta be scary for some JV hooper to see THAT guy coming at him! My guess is that Kelly will play more and more as he adjusts to the hardwood throughout the season.

48-29 after 3 quarters, SPSV finally getting a bit of a foothold and making some progress.

Tyler Bergren is out, along with Gavin Rendle and Joe Revelos. Next man up, the Cougs are ready!

SPSV on the board first…

2-0.

Peyton Beld ties it with a J, a steal, pass to Beld for a 3, 5-2 Cougs.

and Beld takes a charge!

LOng 3 by Walker of SPSV, toed at 5…

SPSV steal and score, but Luke Devine ties it back up inside…. Walker with another 3… Cougs turnover, 10-7 SPSV halfway thru the 1st.

Cougs foul, SPSV sinks 1 of 2…. 11-7.

Walker with a short J…. 13-7 , now 15-7 SPSV.

Luke Devine with a hook inside, 15-9 SPSV. 57 seconds left 1st.

Cougs steal, Marchetti for 3…. 15-12.

Landon Fly with a 3 at the buzzer, bounces out. 15-12 SPSV after 1 quarter.

After. astop, Marchetti drives and scores…. 15-14 SPSV, then Tim Smith scores inside after a stop to get the lead, but a fantastic move by #4 of SPSV gets the lead back, 17-16 SPSV.

Cougs take the lead on a short J, 18-17…

4:50 left, offensive foul by SPSV. No score for the Cougs, Walker drives, misses wild layup, Cougs rebound…. 3:53 left in the half.

3 shots inside, nope, SPSV has it.

Stepthru J by Walker, but Beld hits a corner 3! 21-19 Cougs, time called by Coach Dyer. 2:53 left in the half.

Walker drives and scores to tie after a steal.

Nice baseline drive by Devine for a score…. 23-21 Cougs.

SPSV fouled, at line for 2…. got 1. 23-23.

BEAUTIFUL spin and shot by Devine…. 25-23.

Walker with a snappy run all the way for 2, Cougs can’t answer at the buzzer. Tied at 25.

SPSV 1 of 2 after a foul…. 26-25.

Coug turnover, drive, foul…. 2 for 2. 28-25.

Smith scores inside…. 28-27.

Smith steal up top, drive, score! 29-28.

Mansour hits a 3 after a stop…. 32-28 Cougars…. STEAL! Marchetti fouled…. FT’s good…. 34-28.

Wilson fouled, FT’s split…. 34-29 Cougs.Pass inside to Smith, he’s fouled…. FT’s both good…. 36-29 Cougs.

Isaih Jones scores, fouled by Mansour, his 3rd…. FT good. 36-32 Cougs.

Wilson fouled after an offensive rebound…. FT’s good. 36-33…. but Luke Devine with a snappy hook shot…. 38-33.

Wilson fouled again, FT’s good…. 38-35. I’m not sure, but I think the SPSV score on the board is one short. Max Robeson takes a corner 3, he’s fouled…. 3 FT’s. 2 of 3. 40-35.

Steal, Wilson fouled, he’s living at the line! FT’s good…. 40-37.

Turnover Cougs, 2:07 left 3rd.

Walker with a fantastic length-of-the-floor drive, 40-39 Cougs. Time out, 1:11 left.

Mansour with a tremendous swat to break up a Brunis runout…. but Walker scores a bit later, Cougs down by 1.

Mansour with a great drive, rolls out, but Smith tips it back in! 42-41 Cougs at the end of the 3rd.

Great pass, Mansour to Smith, fouled…. First FT missed, time out to clean spill by the Bruins bench. Back at the line, Smith misses…. Bruins rebound.

Walker makes a deeeeeeep 3! Bruins by 2.

Steal, Jones scors for the Bruins…. 46-42 BBruins.

Cougs force a shot-clock violation….

But they turnit over twice and Walker scores twice…. 50-42 Bruins.

5:17 left.

SPSV gets another stop…

Mansour steal and score! 50-44.

Walker with a nifty drive for 2…. 52-44.

Mansour takes it to the hoop…. 52-46.

SPSV time out with 3:26 left, their ball on the side.

Walker drives, fouled…. FT’s split. 53-46.

Marchetti with a nice move in the paint…. 53-48, and SPSV travels!

Marchetti gets to the rack again! 53-50.

Cougs with a stop, and a 3-ball by Pastore to TIE IT UP! 1:10 left, 53 all. SPSV has the rock, arrow points their way too.

corner 3 for SPSV…

Cougs lose it out of bounds on a drive…. 56-53 SPSV, time out SPSV with 32 seconds left. They have the ball on their own end.

Cougs press full court, almost force a turnover…. And then they DO force a turnover!

Time out for a SPSV injury, but he finally gets up under his own power. 23 seconds, Cougs ball down 3.

Smith takes a pass from Mansour, drives to the hole and scores!

56-55 Bruins, 15.7 seconds, Bruins ball.

Fullcourt press is on…

Cougs with near-immediate fouls to get to FT’s b the Bruins.. Both good. 58-57. driving try, no go, Walker gets is in the open, scores at the buzzer to make the final 60-55. SPSV wins.

As I was leaving the campus, an ambulance was coming toward Campo. My guess is this was for that Bruins player that got injured late in the game, Josiah Jones.

Hope he's okay...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT