ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Talk CIF

For the Open

1. Campo - No Brainer
2. Clovis West - Will beat St. Josephs (A Socal School)...strange but whatever.
3. Sheldon/Modesto Christian Winner
4. Riordan
5. De La Salle
6. Mitty
7. Sheldon/Modesto Christian Loser

Now the 8 spot is interesting. Could go to a couple of teams but probably will be a Bye for Campo. Here are the teams I would consider:

1) Dougerty Valley/CVC Winner......Both these teams could slot in as the 8 seed. In a way would be a punishment for winning D1, but if I were coach Id want the challenge.

2) University IF they beat Marin Catholic by double-digits....Probably going to end up in D3 or D2...but they deserve consideration for an open birth. All those losses were without their best player, Joey Kennedy. Since he's come back from injury they haven't lost.

3) Miramonte....Yes they lost in the NCS Open and Yes they play in Campo's conference....but they have had a heck of a season and went 2-1 in Open Play with only loss to DLS by 2. Maybe they get the last seed in the CIF Open
I think you’re top 7 is spot on with how things played out last night. Modesto Christian looked like a solid #3-4 last night. Really impressive how they played after the 1st.

i also dont recall a list of teams like this where there are so many possible upsets. Not much separates the top from the bottom.

I could see those seven teams with Campolindo getting the bye as the clear No. 1. Fills like a natural break
I still believe Inderkum is the best team in the SJS I think they laid an egg against Sheldon and was upset. with only two losses I think they should get that eighth seed in the open division

Open thoughts
1. Campo
2. Clovis West (assume they win tnite)
3. Modesto Christian. (If they win ) otherwise Riordan
4. Sheldon if they win
5. Mitty
6. .DLS

Not sure after
I still believe Inderkum is the best team in the SJS I think they laid an egg against Sheldon and was upset. with only two losses I think they should get that eighth seed in the open division
Nope. You don’t lose at home and get that open bid. You know better then that.

They would be #8 for me. I just don’t think the committee will bump them up

Clovis West has historically played in southern section during playoffs. I remember when they played DLS for state D1 champ before the open was around. I think they upset Long Beach poly that year.
I would like to see them in norcal though. Makes more sense this year. They are 29-1 but they don’t have nearly the schedule some of these teams have. Sheldon has common opponent in pleasant valley and Sheldon took care of them rather easily and it was only CV loss. I would assume CV gets pulled into open if they win against st Joe’s.

also, did Inderkum lose the 6”8 Whitney transfer? If so that is a huge loss. Not a great offensive player but he impacts a lot on defensive end. Indy is a d1 team for sure.
Yes, he is not on the team, I've been wondering what happen to him

1. Campo - No Brainer
2. Clovis West
3. Modesto Christian
4. Riordan
5. De La Salle
6. Mitty
7. Sheldon
8. Inderkum....This was after careful consideration. They beat Grant H2H which was another option for my 8 seed.

I think University would get more consideration for 8 if they played better before Kennedy came back. They just killed Marin Catholic last night.

Miramonte maybe another option, like I said went 2-1 in the Open Bracket with only a 2 point loss to DLS.

With the 6”8 kid I agree with you. He alters a lot of shots. But sounds like he’s not on team?
The big kid from MC caused havoc for Sheldon at times. But even with the size disadvantage Sheldon held there own on boards.
As is Indy will be tough d1 opponent.

Inderkum , Lincoln-Stockton and Sacred Heart Prep are on the Open bubble. Putting them in D1 just makes that field more daunting if you then include the likes of St. Ignatius, CVC and DV.
question: are Northgate’s and Miramonte’s seasons now over?

Inderkum , Lincoln-Stockton and Sacred Heart Prep are on the Open bubble. Putting them in D1 just makes that field more daunting if you then include the likes of St. Ignatius, CVC and DV.
Northgate and MM are automatic CIF qualifiers by making NCS open

Reactions: jordan24
No, I think we will show up for a game on Tuesday just for old times' sake. LOL. Love the disrespect, LOL! Our league was kind of WEAK (sarcasm, just in case you are not following the thread) this year with Campo the overall #1 seed, Miramonte the #3 seed in NCS Open who won 2 games, Northgate the #4 seed in NCS Open who defeated the EBAL champs Dublin and Clayton Valley the NCS Div. 1 champs. Plus, we only defeated the likes of Serra, Folsom, University WITH Joey Kennedy, MLK of Riverside, San Ramon Valley, Clayton Valley twice, Northgate twice.
As long as we are scheduled, I think we will give it a go and attempt to add to the resume.
Good luck to all teams in the playoffs. Wishing all players good health throughout the playoffs.

No post season experience ever, so looking forward to this new experience.

Best swishes,
Coach Forslund

No, I think we will show up for a game on Tuesday just for old times' sake. LOL. Love the disrespect, LOL! Our league was kind of WEAK (sarcasm, just in case you are not following the thread) this year with Campo the overall #1 seed, Miramonte the #3 seed in NCS Open who won 2 games, Northgate the #4 seed in NCS Open who defeated the EBAL champs Dublin and Clayton Valley the NCS Div. 1 champs. Plus, we only defeated the likes of Serra, Folsom, University WITH Joey Kennedy, MLK of Riverside, San Ramon Valley, Clayton Valley twice, Northgate twice.
As long as we are scheduled, I think we will give it a go and attempt to add to the resume.
Good luck to all teams in the playoffs. Wishing all players good health throughout the playoffs.

Best swishes,
Coach Forslund
Ah. No disrespect Coach. I didn’t know that that the NCS Open Teams also received automatic bids to NorCals. I thought someone posted NG and the Mats’ seasons were done. Should be a great NorCals!

Best swishes,
Coach Forslund
Plus a couple of trips to Arco :) :)

Here's wishing you great hoops

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT