ADVERTISEMENT

Los Gatos playing Grant this week in schedule change

It's good to see Los Gatos branching out with their schedule the past few years. They even took on some SoCal teams semi recently. They're tough, Los Gatos is typically a bunch of kids who've known eachother since elementary school. Their parents are well-resourced so they have access to good gyms, trainers etc. The product they throw out every year is typically a disciplined, hard nosed & prideful bunch.

So is green from Sheldon out this season? I read SJS denied transfer. If so let that be a valuable lesson. How crappy would that be to sit your senior season.

Did Los Gatos just move off the game with Live Oak? Or did that game get cancelled too and Los Gatos went looking?

So is green from Sheldon out this season? I read SJS denied transfer. If so let that be a valuable lesson. How crappy would that be to sit your senior season.
I believe it is denied now, but could be overturned if Green/Grant fight it. I think that is what happened with Kiku Parker on the basketball side.

But yes, really tough to lose your senior year

Haven’t heard any updates about this case. Hadn’t heard that he was denied. If that be the case, hopefully Green’s family fights this and it gets overturned. The five game sit-out period is more than enough time missed. No need to make the kid sit out for a whole season. A ton of kids left Sheldon, which makes me believe that something happened within that program.

Green is a good kid, let him play!

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
It's good to see Los Gatos branching out with their schedule the past few years. They even took on some SoCal teams semi recently. They're tough, Los Gatos is typically a bunch of kids who've known eachother since elementary school. Their parents are well-resourced so they have access to good gyms, trainers etc. The product they throw out every year is typically a disciplined, hard nosed & prideful bunch.
Yes. A neighborhood team. Not a regional all-star team. CIF has evolved into those two categories. Apples and oranges to the max. We can celebrate both prep football species. They are separate and unequal. Best to keep them in perspective.

Haven’t heard any updates about this case. Hadn’t heard that he was denied. If that be the case, hopefully Green’s family fights this and it gets overturned. The five game sit-out period is more than enough time missed. No need to make the kid sit out for a whole season. A ton of kids left Sheldon, which makes me believe that something happened within that program.

Green is a good kid, let him play!
Yeah it was in the sac bee I’m pretty sure or on somebody Twitter. Agree with you on the 5 games. That’s pretty harsh to hammer a kid the entire year. Sounded like there was evidence of contact made. In any event the lesson is there seems to be no clear guidance or case law on these transfers. Got to really weigh odds if you are a family or kid.

Did Los Gatos just move off the game with Live Oak? Or did that game get cancelled too and Los Gatos went looking?
Good question - according the to the Live Oak Acorns website, the Los Gatos game is still on. But many high schools are slow to update their websites. None of the major scheduling sites that I have reviewed have an update.

There is no doubt LG would have been the most difficult game for the Acorns this regular season. If I had to venture a guess, I think LG saw an opportunity to play Grant and LO was more than willing to forego this game to make it happen.

Yeah it was in the sac bee I’m pretty sure or on somebody Twitter. Agree with you on the 5 games. That’s pretty harsh to hammer a kid the entire year. Sounded like there was evidence of contact made. In any event the lesson is there seems to be no clear guidance or case law on these transfers. Got to really weigh odds if you are a family or kid.
Interesting. I’m sure more details will come out. Or not. Which may be why reports have been rather quiet. Hopefully his family appeals.

I’m still baffled by the fact that several kids left Sheldon. I find that to be non coincidental. It tells me that something happened there at the school. A program doesn’t lose that many kids if nothing happened.

The other transfers have been allowed to play, so I’m wondering what the official CIF findings were, in this case.

Good question - according the to the Live Oak Acorns website, the Los Gatos game is still on. But many high schools are slow to update their websites. None of the major scheduling sites that I have reviewed have an update.

There is no doubt LG would have been the most difficult game for the Acorns this regular season. If I had to venture a guess, I think LG saw an opportunity to play Grant and LO was more than willing to forego this game to make it happen.
Sounds like Live Oak cancelled, but Los Gatos isn't saying why and Live Oak has answered about it, according to the Mercury News.

Palma frosh are playing Los Gatos Frosh in Salinas on Friday at Rabobank. Both undefeated. Palma frosh may be special and this should be a good benchmark for both. Palma has a special RB that should be up on varsity next season. Probably should move up to JV as well as a few of their players. First two games weren't a test and this one should be a good one.

Big win by the Pacers! It was ugly and difficult to watch but big win! Felt like a trap game.

Hopefully #1, #5, and #4 are all healthy and ready to go.

I was happy to see #12 have a good game. Hopefully he starts playing like this regularly. The OLine did a great job!

Glad to see the freshman getting reps!

The Pacer’s must get better!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT