ADVERTISEMENT

M.C. begins season with Notre Dame Sherman Oaks!

M.C. fan

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2022
Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks on 11/26 and Centennial of Corona 12/3 at Sheldon classic. Crusaders are stacked with talent and will be tested by the Nation's best. We want that C.I.F. Open Championship Trophy to be on Sisk Road. To God the Glory!!

Last edited:
Crusaders open with Bishop Gorman at Bishop O'Dowd showcase, followed the next day versus Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks on 11/26 and Centennial of Corona 12/3 at Sheldon classic. Crusaders are stacked with talent and will be tested by the Nation's best. We want that C.I.F. Open Championship Trophy to be on Sisk Road. To God the Glory!!
Good luck to Modesto Christian with that ambitious schedule. I think most people on this board would be rooting for a NorCal team to win the Open.

By the way, I don't think any god is going to help you though.

Reactions: dholly
Crusaders open with Bishop Gorman at Bishop O'Dowd showcase, followed the next day versus Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks on 11/26 and Centennial of Corona 12/3 at Sheldon classic. Crusaders are stacked with talent and will be tested by the Nation's best. We want that C.I.F. Open Championship Trophy to be on Sisk Road. To God the Glory!!
will the new gym be open this season?

Yes the O'Dowd gym should be open this year.

So is O'Dowd hosting a showcase the day before the NorCal Classic?

It was really fun to watch this team play, especially in the playoffs and in state finals. The Environment at golden 1 was off the hook when they had centennial on the ropes. Looking forward to the season and watching what they have to prove.

I just happened to drive right past O'Dowd on Highway 13 last night, on the way home from nice, cool Half Moon Bay. From a distance, the building looked complete and appeared to be all spotlit, as if some event was happening there. Maybe football lights reflecting off it during practice?

Anyway, it'll sure be nice seeing the Dragons play home games in a place that is deserving of such a powerful program. I mean, I like funky old little gyms for the most part, but that water closet they were playing in was rather a joke.

I just happened to drive right past O'Dowd on Highway 13 last night, on the way home from nice, cool Half Moon Bay. From a distance, the building looked complete and appeared to be all spotlit, as if some event was happening there. Maybe football lights reflecting off it during practice?

Anyway, it'll sure be nice seeing the Dragons play home games in a place that is deserving of such a powerful program. I mean, I like funky old little gyms for the most part, but that water closet they were playing in was rather a joke.
you sure you saw O Dowd on the 13? like really really sure? or is the weed that good in half moon bay.

Oops, I was going north, hadn't hit the 13 yet, was still on the MacArthur.

I go to Half Moon Bay to get a weather break, not a smoke break. And to play Buzztime trivia on the top team in NorCal.

O'Dowd's new gym is open. Their girls volleyball team played Sacred Heart Cathedral on Monday, August 30, 2022. Irish won 3-1 (26-24, 23-25, 25-23, 25-16). I only saw pictures and a video clip of the inside. It looks good. Lots of windows around, nice floor and new scoreboards. (Waiting for Riordan elitists to rip it to shreds...).

Update February, 2024: Crickets. Wonder why?

Last edited:
We Play St. Rita in Quincy, Illinois at The Shootout: has the top 3 rated Juniors in Chicago and state, in Morez Johnson, James Brown, and Nojus Indrusaitis. All three ranked top 65 nationally. Modesto Christian counters with top 20 ranked Junior Jamari Phillips and nationally rated Senior BJ Davis

impressive... and really you gotta do that when you have the talent to do so.
are yall playing any california tournaments?

MaxPreps has that first game v. Bishop Gorman on the 25th, not the 15th.

Capital City Classic looks like it's well on the way to being competitive in quality with the amazing Les Schwab Classic, Oregon's top tourney and one of the best anywhere...

2022 teams not listed there yet. Considering what they've had there in the past, the tourney will be LOADED.

MaxPreps has that first game v. Bishop Gorman on the 25th, not the 15th.

Capital City Classic looks like it's well on the way to being competitive in quality with the amazing Les Schwab Classic, Oregon's top tourney and one of the best anywhere...

2022 teams not listed there yet. Considering what they've had there in the past, the tourney will be LOADED.
It is in fact the 25th as confirmed by Coach Teevan.

so are they only playing on the 25th on friday and then playing at dublin for the norcal tip off on the 26th?

I think the new gym is hosting volleyball right now

Reactions: biggoop
Looking forward to it. Who comes in and runs the 1 this year and do you have more depth at the 4? The lefty last year was one of those unsung hero’s.

Reactions: CoachDViks
Looking forward to it. Who comes in and runs the 1 this year and do you have more depth at the 4? The lefty last year was one of those unsung hero’s.
Hi LL, Nov. 25th in Oakland at BOD (78 days) you can see all 5 starters in addition to our depth at all spots. Manesse is working hard, and his conditioning has improved greatly. Prince is gaining major strides in strength and rim protection. BJ and Jamari the engine that drives this team. Jamari, BJ are workers who are always studying film, conditioning, training, improving defensively and going higher above the rim. Jalen Brown is a phenom who can score on anyone and is extremely tough of defense.

Hi LL, Nov. 25th in Oakland at BOD (78 days) you can see all 5 starters in addition to our depth at all spots. Manesse is working hard, and his conditioning has improved greatly. Prince is gaining major strides in strength and rim protection. BJ and Jamari the engine that drives this team. Jamari, BJ are workers who are always studying film, conditioning, training, improving defensively and going higher above the rim. Jalen Brown is a phenom who can score on anyone and is extremely tough of defense.
Thanks! Love watching them last year. Best of luck and I will be around. Just hope you guys have a little depth come playoffs. Long season

Thanks! Love watching them last year. Best of luck and I will be around. Just hope you guys have a little depth come playoffs. Long season
I see us very deep for all spots, as in maybe one of the best rosters we have ever had!

MC will be a POWERHOUSE this season, and should be a heavy favorite to win NorCal Open. Should they do that, they'll give much trouble to whatever SoCal sends up for the title game, and maybe beat 'em.

Last year's great team had only one senior that played much (5.1 ppg), and they have Jalen Brown (19ppg at Everett Alveraz in Salinas last year) transferring in. And maybe others...

Reactions: M.C. fan
MC will be a POWERHOUSE this season, and should be a heavy favorite to win NorCal Open. Should they do that, they'll give much trouble to whatever SoCal sends up for the title game, and maybe beat 'em.

Last year's great team had only one senior that played much (5.1 ppg), and they have Jalen Brown (19ppg at Everett Alveraz in Salinas last year) transferring in. And maybe others...
A couple of transfers who you will see in 77 days.

Well, if you think driving 2 hours plus with the traffic before you can see water is "the Bay", yeah it is. :)

Reactions: Y Cap
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT