ADVERTISEMENT

Miramonte results

mkbgdns

Hall of Famer
Jul 4, 2001
Arcata 49, Deer Valley 45. Arcata took lead early 4th, stayed 1-possession game until the last two minutes.

Left game w 5:30 left in 4th, Miramonte 86 SHC 38. Running clock, starters on the bench. Miramonte jumped out 13-0, 58-23 at half. Ionescu put on a clinic in 1st half, cooled off later. She likely had a triple double, possibly in 1st half.

Brookside Christian / SMB game has it started?
Great win when BC beat SI...tonites game should be a good one.

When SI's transfers are eligible, that will be a different team -- but wins over SI without the transfers will count just as much when postseason comes around.

When SI's transfers are eligible, that will be a different team -- but wins over SI without the transfers will count just as much when postseason comes around.

Clay you can say that about all teams with TRANSFERS coming Janurary 4th Brookside included has 2 ?!? Don't speak on one do your home work loathing hypocrite

Maybe transfers should be included in the mark of a good coach? There is some serious venom by a few folks on this board. It is really sad.

Maybe transfers should be included in the mark of a good coach? There is some serious venom by a few folks on this board. It is really sad.

Colherylives & Jayme911
You can be captain save Clay but when everybody's jumping on Jazz & respect its ok ? I don't recall anybody coming to their defense. Bottom line SI lost the game come January 4th both teams will have their TRANSFERS eligible and ready to play. Maybe they meet again. But stop playing CAPTAIN SAVE CLAY!?! Please it's really sad

"Loathing hypocrite"? Now that's one I haven't heard before.

Points for creativity ... I'll add it to my collection of insults.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
OK hey back to the basketball ...then we can start the insults again...
does anybody know the scores on the BC vs SMB and BC vs SHC games?

Big match up today of the #1 and #2 players in Norcal class of 2016. This is going to be something special at 6pm at MM Tip Off Classic. MM coming of a win against SHC and Brookside wins over SMB 54 to 58 OT victory and last second win over SHC 72 TO 73. This not a match up that you want to miss. Brookside just beat number 7 and 9 in norcalpreps ranking.

respect fantastic!!! so bc has won three straight.... si, smb amd shc!!!!
great news to see them winning again... see you on the 19th at sms...

Nice wins by Brookside. A lot to be learned from games that go down to the wire.

Miramonte 96 Brookside 52. Tried to get other scores from the event, no luck.

Impressions--Respect was right, two dazzling kids. I know the final score, but it felt like each scored about 100, without playing selfishly. A revelation to watch McDonald shed/shred defenders as easy as 1-2-3-4-5. I counted.

Lots of fouls early, then both teams adjusted. MM came out fouling in 2nd half Ionescu and Howard getting in trouble in the first minute. But MM caught fire from beyond the arc, pushing the lead to 30. BC was shooting double bonus in the third quarter, but it wasn't enough. The final score is partly a reflection of the fact that McDonald sat the last 4 minutes or so--hopefully as a white flag rather than injury. Not a dramatic contest, but a too-bad-you-missed-it show.

I guess mkbgdns didn't see McDonald lockdown on #1 the whole half with no points and when McDonald came at her and blew right by her like she was standing still. I have one thing to say I wish SMS coach would gives a rematch of MM on a mutual court different out come. But it was a hard fault game but I know everyone their at the game no who the true #1 is now. Good job both teams!!!!!!!! The second half McDonald was in foul trouble but not by guarding #1 but other clean blocks that where call for fouls other that dont know how she would score on the 2 in Norcal. That points #1 score wasnt on McDonald read the stats line write . I give get job of shutdown 1 on 1 defense.

One other for got to mention at least Brookside play 3 days straight and still had wind to play on the 3 after 2 tough faught games without a day off. Hope this to team meet in the open 2 round there will be a different out come.

Respect, Miramonte could have played 10 days in a row and still beat BC. There is no way to make up a 40+ margin. (maybe you are talking about SMS vs. Miramonte however I couldn't figure it out)

You get figure what out if game played neutral court january if could you maybe have sentence that if could make only if sense #1 on court block foul and if hard faught game. Read stats paper news rematch at SMS, MSM, if only on a mutual court with a neutral outcome if what was going to be basketball. If you understand this then true #1 could #2 be if you not sense make but if only MacDonald foul trouble in if what you say.

Peace out ::::::))))))

With no question asked McDonald lockdown so call number 1 on the first half. We know how the real number 1 player is in norcal now!!!!!! You CALL IT LOCKDOWN SHUTDOWN WITH NO POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!!!

96-54 and talk of lockdown? That is funny. Maybe I am new to whatever rivalry but who is #1 and #2? I am stuck in Phoenix waiting for the semis on Monday or else I would have paid to see this one.

Has BC lost a game ever without controversy?

Presumably Aarion McDonald was guarding Sabrina Ionescu and Ionescu didn't score in the first half.

McDonald's a very good player, no question. So's Ionescu.

(And as for "loathing hypocrite," I was what was known as a controversial columnist for many years, and at one point, they put together an ad with all the best insults that had been in letters to the editor over the years. Funny stuff -- I recall "simpering nincompoop," and also a letter that began "Hey idiot", which with my usual incisive analysis made me think it wasn't going to be a fan letter.

But "loathing hypocrite" would have definitely been in the ad: Good work, Respect.)

Brookside beat SHC last minute buzzer beater 73-72.
Number 1 is lonescu(MM)and number 2 is McDonald ( Brookside ). But that changed last night. I will let you know there are certain refs that that Brookside know from experience. The same ones all the time but the ones in Fresno its was rhe players that didn't adjust to the soft play that goes on in southern Central Valley.

And to answer about they could have beaten if they play 10 games back to back. What are you smoking!!!!! Brookside at tteam that ducks no one and will play back to back to back good teams. MM never plays back to back teams that are good or ranked. Thats smart coaching know your team cant play back to back. The tournaments they go to they on will have only 1 hard game never back to back.

Does the madness ever end? I was not at the game so maybe #2 is now #1 and #1 now #2 but the excuses are just gross.

MM beat SHC by 44 and BC beat SHC by 1. MM beats BC by 44 also. All three scores make sense. It is always someone or something but never you got whooped up on.

At some point BC needs to win a big game. This is their only year because all the transfers in the world are not going to replace the loss of #2 or #1 next season.

Since you brought up ducking opponents when is Brookside playing The real private school in Stockton? I heard that bird flew the coop and BC coach trying to get out of the game and not rescheduling. If BC does not run scared and duck that game I wonder what the excuse will be because it will be ugly.

I will see u at the Tracy Storm Brookside game this year if u and coach don't pull out.

I think it will easier for SMS to change the game during the MLK then Brookside change its schedule. They cant change league schedule game. Not Brookside fault that they was vote back into the league. I heard they had a full schedule and had to change it at the last minute.

So BC is ducking. If they wanted a shot at SMS they could move a game around. I love it! What a joke but we should have figured such.

No way SMS would want to waste a game on BC in their showcase. They need to play a Mater Dei, Chaminade or another nationally ranked team instead of a .500 team like BC.

BC might be 5th best team in Stockton behind Lincoln, McNair, SMS varsity and SMS JV! Only one player on BC would be varsity on SMS.

I have a question about BROOKSIDE....I'm hoping RESPECTBBGame or someone else in the know can answer it.

BC was moved up to SJS D4 last yr. because they had won 3 straight sections in D5.
They lost in the D4 section last year. So do they move back down to D5 this year based on the fact they didn't win the D4 section last year?
Or are they still in the SJS D4? Does anyone have a 100% for sure answer? Not speculation.
I noticed after the new year that Brookside plays a bunch of "Christian" D5 schools and it occurred to me the reason was that maybe they are D5 again this year.

Does anyone know?

I heard SMS next year will change name to the tracy storm after the big guaduation on Cayton, Tudor, Angel Johnson, and Fadal. I heard some else might leave and it might be real bad if happens with losing 4 starters. That wont be good at all best wish after this year.
SI, SHC AND SMB ARE BIG if you know about anything about NORCAL GIRLS BASKETBALL ROOKIE TO THE LEAGUE.

Next year Brookside wont need McDonald to beat SMS because the always beat on the Storm.

And then you talk about me getting hoop up. Myself didn't talk to my lumps in high school but took alot at Mosswood park as a freshman and sophomore but as a Jr and hung with the best. But what do you know about Mosswood park and upstairs Berkeley College rec center. Did you even get on the court when the real player where up there and I'm not tlaking about the side court they always played 21 on because no one would pick them for their team.

RESPECTBBGame....I hear you man, I'm sure you were setting screens for G Payton, J Kidd and Hook Mitchell....and I'm sure you had no problems blocking out Greg foster and Antonio Davis back in the day......the older I get the better I was also. lol

****and the best thing about being at Mosswood....the refs couldn't screw up the game!!! :)

:p;)

The way Respect comes up with excuses could you imagine him at Any pick up game. Only guy on the court to call charge or 3 in the key!

So, since I was called out by name for what I "didn't see", I'll say what I did see in the BC/MM game. I waited for a box score, but none is forthcoming. This is not about ranking the stars--I'm not interested and don't encourage anybody else to be.

Ionescu scored pretty steadily throughout the game. She had flurries and cold spells, but I'd be surprised if she scored a bigger share of the MM points in the second half than the first.

Whenever she was in scoring range (which for her is beyond the arc) she was facing more than one defender.

Now, consider, is MM good enough to score 44 points in a half against a topnotch team without her contributing? Is it likely that she scored 0, then 30+ in the two halves? Do you think that Coach Wilburn didn't bring help to guard her? Is it possible that he doesn't know where MM's bread is buttered?

This is not about Who"s #1. I really don't care. It's about my eyesight (I wore my glasses) and about Respect's credibility and agenda. If it defies common sense, it's called nonsense.

The only time #1 had double was we she try to run screen other wise she was locked down. Dont hate appreciate good defense. College will tell the story. Why such hate on a great defend shutdown someone that you and other call the best. The best player by far in Northern California is McDonald hands down no question. End of story!!!!!!!!!

Besides breaking down defenders at will, McDonald is a superb defender. No hate, but you seem to create hate out of nothing. Now, your credibility...

Last edited:
I for one like Sabrina better when she scores less and distributes to her team mates. The final evaluation of a player is how well their team does. There are a lot of players who put up big numbers and their teams lose. When you go to the next level individual scoring does not have the same value as it does in high school. You have more talented team mates who's potential must also be utilized. It was sad when the NBA started to market individual players and not teams like they used to. They also adjusted the officiating so that the "Stars" received preferential treatment to increase their star value. Anyone who really understands the game of basketball recognizes that a team is greater than the sum of it's parts and individual scoring often handicaps a team. Alan Iverson is the perfect example of someone who while an amazing individual talent was over rated as to what he contributed to his teams success. It was interesting that the teams he played on records improved once he left. Once all the teams figured that out that he was actually a handicap then no one would pick him up.

I actually feel sorry for players who have to carry their high school teams via scoring because it hinders their development in the long run.

Have you seen her play? She makes jaw-dropping assists, rebounds and plays excellent defense. I don't think her scoring numbers are a result of selfish play. Sometimes, she'll hit an open teammate, and the ball will come back to her. Her teammates could stand to be more assertive on offense, especially to prepare for her possible absence (fouls, flu, team denial defense), but you can understand the temptation to stand back and watch. I think she'll fit in wherever she ends up--in college basketball, that is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT