ADVERTISEMENT

Miramonte results

But they backed out against SMS?????

Winetot
Brookside is not running from CN or SMS
i don't have to explain about your CN tournament Brookside had a better tournament to play in ??? As for SMS just a simple scheduling conflict....... I don't think CN is trying to make it to the open ? Brookside have bigger fish to fry...!?!

If Brookside didn't dump the Bradshaw game last year people might take you seriously about the open. I do not see Brookside participating in the open in the near future. When you have a mercy rule loss, it's hard to take you seriously. They may want to figure out how to fry a medium size fish b4 you have them embarrassed again.

Winetot
Brookside didn't dump Bradshaw game they just shoot 76 percent for the arc. Who are talking about medium fish Cardinal Newman? Brookside side will be a different team come January 5 where MM will still be the same team and hope to see them in the second round at a neutral court that is full size regulation. If your are so smart if the open started next who do you think would be in it and why?
1) SMS
2) MM
3) Mitty
4) Pinewood
5) Salesian
6) BOD
7) Brookside
8) SHC

Oak Ridge, Antelope, and St. Francis doesn't have a tough enough schedule but would be happy play in there division any way.

Vanden hasnt won a state in their division title would give them a chance too !!

Valley Christian wont win league and take 2 lost 2 Mitty and 2 lost SI.

I think that way then been picking teams since the open started 2013. BROOKSIDE went and had to play 2013 State Open Champions BOD!!!! With that said Brookside not new to the Open Division for state!!!!!

Not fair to out BC in the Open. I think they have a shot in D4 with CN and SMB.

If Respect is hoping for a Miramonte rematch you will get it at their place, not a neutral court. But BC would be a good rep for nor cal in d4, especially if they are going to look different with their transfers.

Some coaches coach their players from the start of the season to the end and get better with who they have. They get better by reaching the game everyday, they don't have to wait for transfers to be eligible before they improve. Mitty will be the same in terms or personnel but much improved come March.

Unless they are getting Mariya Moore, Gabby Green and Mikayla Cowling they will be participating in D4. It is good to be a fan(parent) but in reality McDonald is all you have currently that can compete w the top teams as evidenced by the running clock in Orinda. The transfers will have to be stars because you currently have average high school players.

Northbaybbguru
Looking back to last year Sacred Heart record was 18-11 they played one of the toughfest schedules in California !!! They played in the open and played very well ? Guru you really should be pushing for Brookside to the open because I know and you know D-4 you have to get past Brookside & Cardinal Newman wants no part of that............ Lol Xmas

Merry Xmas RespectBBgame and luvthegame21!!! Hope you guys (and your families) have a great and safe holiday week!!

Now to your post...lol

The CCS has an OPEN section playoff where teams EARN their way into the open. SHC did indeed have a average record but then won the CCS open section and got in to the NORCAL open playoff. If SHC had not won the CCS section they would not have been chosen to go. As you know the SJS does not have an open section.
Its not out of the question that BC could still get to the open.....BUT.....you cant lose anymore games....you need to win the WCJ and finish out the rest of the season undefeated(with those wins over Pinewood and BOD after the new year included) with a 22-4 record to get there. And then you'd need to win the SJS D4 section. MAYBE you might be able to get away with 1 loss the rest of the way if its in the WCJ championship or to Pinewood. But anything more than that...no way....

at least that is my opinion.

ONE MORE THING!!!!

MM is REALLY good......you guys on NCP are really underestimating how good they are. Go out and watch them play. that's all I ask.

They are absolutely dismantling very good teams. They have running clocked SHC, BC and CN (foundation game).

DONT SLEEP ON MM!!!!! Watch out........

MERRY XMAS TO EVERYBODY!!!!!

Played MM in the summer and was impressed. In the Open anything can happen but agree with guru. Just SMS smashing a couple teams at Nike TOC. That is not a fluke. MM ripping BC, McClatchey, SI, SHC and CN is no fluke.

Nor cal is loaded and the division winners this year will be able to represent. BC or CN out if D 4 could win state!

Merry Xmas RespectBBgame and luvthegame21!!! Hope you guys (and your families) have a great and safe holiday week!!

Now to your post...lol

The CCS has an OPEN section playoff where teams EARN their way into the open. SHC did indeed have a average record but then won the CCS open section and got in to the NORCAL open playoff. If SHC had not won the CCS section they would not have been chosen to go. As you know the SJS does not have an open section.
Its not out of the question that BC could still get to the open.....BUT.....you cant lose anymore games....you need to win the WCJ and finish out the rest of the season undefeated(with those wins over Pinewood and BOD after the new year included) with a 22-4 record to get there. And then you'd need to win the SJS D4 section. MAYBE you might be able to get away with 1 loss the rest of the way if its in the WCJ championship or to Pinewood. But anything more than that...no way....

at least that is my opinion.

Guru
I respect your wisdom of the game but what prepared Them for the CCS open section???
You really believe Brookside have to be 22-4 to get into the open ? I'm thinking 20-6 or 21-5 gets Brookside into the open with wins over Pinewood & Bishop ? They already beat SMB" SI " SHC
The 40 point beat down from MM only count as 1 game lost ? Think about it before you reply because every team mention is considered open caliber teams !?!

Last edited:
I for one like Sabrina better when she scores less and distributes to her team mates. The final evaluation of a player is how well their team does. There are a lot of players who put up big numbers and their teams lose. When you go to the next level individual scoring does not have the same value as it does in high school. You have more talented team mates who's potential must also be utilized. It was sad when the NBA started to market individual players and not teams like they used to. They also adjusted the officiating so that the "Stars" received preferential treatment to increase their star value. Anyone who really understands the game of basketball recognizes that a team is greater than the sum of it's parts and individual scoring often handicaps a team. Alan Iverson is the perfect example of someone who while an amazing individual talent was over rated as to what he contributed to his teams success. It was interesting that the teams he played on records improved once he left. Once all the teams figured that out that he was actually a handicap then no one would pick him up.

I actually feel sorry for players who have to carry their high school teams via scoring because it hinders their development in the long run.

Willtalk,

I don't often disagree with you but I have to defend my boy Alan Iverson. First off Iverson was so good that he will be remembered as one of the best small players (or players period) to ever play the game. It was not his fault that his team was not good enough to win consistently during the Magic, Jordan, and Kobe era's in which he played in. What I liked about Iverson most was his fearlessness when going up against Michael Jordan. While just about everyone in the league was bowing down and praising Jordan, Iverson was quick to hit him with a crossover pull-up, and pop a jumper right in his face.

If you look at every championship team I think a great player or two has been the common denominator. I personally love great players as much as I do good, fair and average players. It's sad when great players have to slow down or feel guilty for doing what only a select few have been blessed with the ability to do.

Now I do agree with you on how the NBA panicked and went out of their way to hand select Jordan as the face of the game after the sudden retirement by Magic Johnson. Magic and Bird's rivalry took the NBA to heights it never experienced. And yes Magic and Bird were perhaps as great as any players before and after them. And they did indeed play team ball. Yes it became more about the individual player because the NBA is a business first, then entertainment. Magic and Bird had the NBA making money. They marketed Jordan in hope to continue to thrive. They then decided to market Lebron James as the face of the game. I thought Kobe was a better choice and far more believable than Lebron. But they chose Lebron.I think Curry is now upsetting the NBA and Lebron's plans. Hopefully the NBA can find another good rivalry like Magic and Bird had with teams like the Celtics and Lakers to put the focus back on teams as much as or more than individuals. But I do hope we continue to see players that "stand out. " I appreciate stand outs as much as or more than I do fit ins. It's harder to "stand out" than it is to be an average and ordinary "fit in ".

Last edited:
In my opinion there are only 2 open teams in NorCal. There are a handful of teams that are far better than the rest but cannot compete w SMS or Miramonte 100 out of 100 times.

cannot compete 100 out of 100 times? exaggeration will get you attention, but it's an overstatement. Mitty competed with SMS (13 point loss) in their meeting at Nike (I didn't see it) and based on comparative scores (not always a good measure) would seem about even w MM.

Amazing. my humble little thread on the MM shootout generated, after the Nike TOC, the most posts since last March. It recently passed a classic thread from March where ballersdreams initiated the thread, posted, then vanished, never to be seen again, and the first post by Respect, who has been with us since. old timers refer to these events as A New Hope, and The Force Awakens, respectively. Well, anyway, mine's bigger.

Guru
I respect your wisdom of the game but what prepared Them for the CCS open section???
You really believe Brookside have to be 22-4 to get into the open ? I'm thinking 20-6 or 21-5 gets Brookside into the open with wins over Pinewood & Bishop ? They already beat SMB" SI " SHC
The 40 point beat down from MM only count as 1 game lost ? Think about it before you reply because every team mention is considered open caliber teams !?!

21-5 could get them there for sure....depending on whom that loss is to.....a loss to pinewood or 1 loss in the WCJ wont hurt you.
As far as wins over SMB, SI and SHC......SMB is down, SI is WAY down.....SHC is Jeckyl and Hyde and I cant get a read on them. I personally think none of those teams will get to the open this year...they are all 2nd tier teams IMO. I don't think Odowd is a good as they have been in the past either. Pinewood would be a great win for BC though!!! After this next week at the WCJ the open picture should come into more focus for sure!! Why don't we wait and see how all the teams do and then we can have a better discussion. In fact I will start a thread on the open after the WCJ is over.

Jaymel911

Brookside will be a whole different team come Jan because they will be well balance then with another quick strong guard.

ONE MORE THING!!!!

MM is REALLY good......you guys on NCP are really underestimating how good they are. Go out and watch them play. that's all I ask.

They are absolutely dismantling very good teams. They have running clocked SHC, BC and CN (foundation game).

DONT SLEEP ON MM!!!!! Watch out........

MERRY XMAS TO EVERYBODY!!!!!

I haven't seen them play yet, but I would agree on Miramonte. Some of these scores against top teams in NroCal isn't gaining much traction. Not many teams in the country could run SHC out of the gym this year like Miramonte did.

Why would Clay want to put down BC?
What purpose does it serve if true?
Isn't this just a game? A small percentage of these kids will play at the next level.
Is Clay the person who schedules the SJS playoffs? Does Clay have it out for small Christian schools that play good basketball?

Holy Moly! WE'RE #2!

passed last March thread on Open, trail only Nike TOC in 2015! by the end of the year, we should be able to set the Open field, avoid 2+ months of arguing, disrespecting, insulting. and Nike's within reach!

But when the TOC threads posters become eligible, it will blow this thread out of the water, especially if on a bigger computer screen and if the server is located in Stockton!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT