ADVERTISEMENT

Mission Hills-Salesian

pretty sure she got 12 of her 25 in the 4th... doesnt matter at all to me, just saying.. btw force her left

I wonder how much humble pie it'll take to finally shut you up..

pretty sure she got 12 of her 25 in the 4th... doesnt matter at all to me, just saying.. btw force her left

I wonder how much humble pie it'll take to finally shut you up..

Like I said before I have the game and have watched it a few times so yes you are wrong again. If you don't have the ability to replay it and see it for yourself then shut YOUR mouth because you have no idea what your talking about. Humble pie will come once Mitty is sent home early again and you disappear from the message boards. It's one thing to root for your team but it's another to hate on a players game. She got her 25 against the team that YOU say is the best and has the best supporting cast. So I don't care if she scored 25 in the 4th she still scored 25. Btw....left, right, up, down she's averaging 25 & 15. Force her anywhere you want to she's probably the best player in the state this year hands down. And she's only 16 years old lol. Your a clown

Hands down? I'm on your side but let us not get cray cray on this. California has four McDonald All Americans that have a say in the being the best and one of which might score 4000 in her career.

Hands down? I'm on your side but let us not get cray cray on this. California has four McDonald All Americans that have a say in the being the best and one of which might score 4000 in her career.

Not taking anything from any of the MDAA because they are ALL phenomenal players. But let's be honest, we ALL know MDAA, that skill and stats must be the foundation, but the actual selections have a lot to do with politics (who you know, what club you play for, what camp you went to, EYBL, etc.) and there are several of kids, in CA and nationwide, who did not get selected who are worthy.

Yes, hands down she is the best player in the state. I've seen all play that have been selected to that game and right now today she should be the leading candidate. Based on her numbers and level of competition she has played. There aren't any games on that schedule to inflate numbers against teams that aren't top 25 teams and she's playing in the top league in the state. She has those numbers and more against SMS, Mitty, Clovis West, Cardinal Newman, Mission Hills, SI, and then some. Nationally ranked and top 25 Cali teams. If you got a better selection and something to back it up let me know. I don't claim to know everything by far and haven't seen everyone so there may be someone out there more deserving. IT was first team all state last year so I know she's got a shot for sure. Let me know who else you think has a better chance.

Well, Bishop's doesn't have SHC's strength of schedule, but Destiny Littleton _is_ averaging 50 ppg (in less than 20 minutes per game, huh?) and just became the all-time leading scorer in the history of California girls basketball. And she's committed to USC, so she might get some attention. And she also got the McD recognition, so there's that. I'd personally like to see IT get the award, but I don't see that happening.

Reactions: kkross22
Well, Bishop's doesn't have SHC's strength of schedule, but Destiny Littleton _is_ averaging 50 ppg (in less than 20 minutes per game, huh?) and just became the all-time leading scorer in the history of California girls basketball. And she's committed to USC, so she might get some attention. And she also got the McD recognition, so there's that. I'd personally like to see IT get the award, but I don't see that happening.

50 points per game...... can you say "pass the ball " Someone call Marissa.:) Hey. I'm sure Wilt Chamberlin would be proud to see someone scoring at will as he did.

haha oh cityboy.. its too easy with you..

I dont have a horse in the race.. I could care less who wins in the end, mitty happens to be closest to me geographically, so I see them most. I think I'm being pretty objective in my observations, and if the roles were reversed I would gladly give credit where credit is due. And I give credit to IT for getting her stats no matter the outcome. And I did predict that she would get hers the next time, just that the outcome would be the same. She was probably the best player on the court last friday, and scored 25 while only using one side of the basket. If the opponent knows what they should do (aka force her left) and still cant do it, its probably because she's that good. Not knocking her for that. But I will knock on you for spouting your opinions as absolute facts.. if you rephrased the way you said things, I (and probably others) would have no problem with your opinions. At least you back up your constant defense of IT being the best in the state with facts/stats.. that I can get behind.. but the way you say "hands down" rubs people the wrong way. You brought no facts or stats to the table when you said SHC has the better supporting cast.. no names, no stats, no matchup problems, nothing. And then the game was played, and in my eyes (and others on here) it was clear who had the better talent from top to bottom on that night. Could that change by the next matchup? sure. But IN MY OPINION the gap was such that there's no way SHC can make that up in a matter of weeks. Could they still win the game? Of course, thats why they play. But I just think that would take too much going right for them and too much going wrong for mitty at the same time. I'm all for banter on a message board, make a point, back it, make a counter point to someone else's, ect.. but don't act like you know more than everyone else, and you are absolutely right they are absolutely wrong.. cuz it makes you look the clown here

Destiny Littleton is a true scorer, the real deal, not going to take anything away from her. I think someone said something earlier in this thread or another about the SHC's coach padding stats (used a different term) for IT, keeping her in games too long. Believe me, Destiny has had a lot of help, which is why she was able to break the state record. A lot of coaches do the same thing for their top/favorite players. And let's be clear, I see NO problem with it, not a HATER.
I just really hate it when coaches/parents/evaluators try to compare these kids/players, when it is obvious the circumstances and playing fields are not the same.
Mari is, in my opinion, one of the best all around players in the state, dominates at her position(s). Whether she is number 1, 2, 3, or 4, why does that matter?
Was she selected as an MDAA? Nope. But in my opinion, with her body of work, she should have been. I am more than sure she would have been able to hold her own against the ones that were. And there are others too.
Bottom line, just give the kid or props or not, and move on. All this back in forth is really starting to be redundant and unnecessary. Not sure what is to gain from it.

50 points per game...... can you say "pass the ball " Someone call Marissa.:) Hey. I'm sure Wilt Chamberlin would be proud to see someone scoring at will as he did.
Her teammate just broke the SD Section three point record of over 300 3's so I think it is more of their team scoring a lot.

I hate, not that it matters to anyone when people say "she should have made it" or " she should this or that. 24 players nationally are chosen for these teams. Clearly there are some deserving kids that "could" have made it just like there were some deserving kids that "should" have been nominated. I don't pretend to know the 24 players chosen but I am pretty confident they are all "deserving".

In the end to be considered elite nationally you have to have some accolades to back you not just because city boy says so... All state is a nice accolade and while Thomas is my favorite Nor Cal player I think handing her CA Miss Basketball is far fetched and will not happen for a number of reasons but the main one being there are better players with better stats and more accolades and that will be the decisive factor.

I don't know the politics, which club and coach any of these kids play for but I don't buy into that theory anyway. Good luck to Thomas and may she continue to dominate, after last weekend she is my favorite player but that is only my opinion.

Reactions: OnBall8
Her teammate just broke the SD Section three point record of over 300 3's so I think it is more of their team scoring a lot.

Then perhaps she needs to pass the ball too. Just kidding. I am always in support of over achievement. Congratulations to them both.

Then perhaps she needs to pass the ball too. Just kidding. I am always in support of over achievement. Congratulations to them both.
Show me a team with three people that can score and I will show you a team that has one too many scorers :)

I hate, not that it matters to anyone when people say "she should have made it" or " she should this or that. 24 players nationally are chosen for these teams. Clearly there are some deserving kids that "could" have made it just like there were some deserving kids that "should" have been nominated. I don't pretend to know the 24 players chosen but I am pretty confident they are all "deserving".

In the end to be considered elite nationally you have to have some accolades to back you not just because city boy says so... All state is a nice accolade and while Thomas is my favorite Nor Cal player I think handing her CA Miss Basketball is far fetched and will not happen for a number of reasons but the main one being there are better players with better stats and more accolades and that will be the decisive factor.

I don't know the politics, which club and coach any of these kids play for but I don't buy into that theory anyway. Good luck to Thomas and may she continue to dominate, after last weekend she is my favorite player but that is only my opinion.

Just to make it clear, I never said the 24 players chosen were not well deserving. And the key phrase I used is "in my opinion". Unlike you, I have seen most, if not all the girls selected. My thoughts, the only difference between some of these players, and some that did not make the cut is the AAU circuit they belong to, the elite camps they attended, and other connections they may have. When you have to narrow down a list to 24, and the committee (votes) are controlled by a select group of people who gain to benefit from the selection, of course biases come into play. That's all I'm saying.

Generally, the MCDAA has about 10 girls who clearly belong (or seven or 12) ... the next group is chosen from a much larger pool, so that of the next 14 (or 17 or 12), it could have been any of 40 or so girls and all would have been "deserving."

And remember that Mike Flynn picks the last four himself.

Generally, the MCDAA has about 10 girls who clearly belong (or seven or 12) ... the next group is chosen from a much larger pool, so that of the next 14 (or 17 or 12), it could have been any of 40 or so girls and all would have been "deserving."

Exactly what I was trying to explain Clay. Thanks!

Destiny Littleton is a player for sure. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve to be there but looking at the competition they are playing which isn't OPEN competition is one of the reasons I give IT the nod. Littleton is also taking 30-40 shots a game vs IT taking 10-15. Toughest comp they have played this year has been LJCD and they only beat them by 10 or 11. IT also has the rebounding edge as well. I don't think there's anyone averaging those points and rebounds in the state. If they take into consideration body of work IT should get a look. Might take an upset or 2 in the playoffs but we'll see.

haha oh cityboy.. its too easy with you..

I dont have a horse in the race.. I could care less who wins in the end, mitty happens to be closest to me geographically, so I see them most. I think I'm being pretty objective in my observations, and if the roles were reversed I would gladly give credit where credit is due. And I give credit to IT for getting her stats no matter the outcome. And I did predict that she would get hers the next time, just that the outcome would be the same. She was probably the best player on the court last friday, and scored 25 while only using one side of the basket. If the opponent knows what they should do (aka force her left) and still cant do it, its probably because she's that good. Not knocking her for that. But I will knock on you for spouting your opinions as absolute facts.. if you rephrased the way you said things, I (and probably others) would have no problem with your opinions. At least you back up your constant defense of IT being the best in the state with facts/stats.. that I can get behind.. but the way you say "hands down" rubs people the wrong way. You brought no facts or stats to the table when you said SHC has the better supporting cast.. no names, no stats, no matchup problems, nothing. And then the game was played, and in my eyes (and others on here) it was clear who had the better talent from top to bottom on that night. Could that change by the next matchup? sure. But IN MY OPINION the gap was such that there's no way SHC can make that up in a matter of weeks. Could they still win the game? Of course, thats why they play. But I just think that would take too much going right for them and too much going wrong for mitty at the same time. I'm all for banter on a message board, make a point, back it, make a counter point to someone else's, ect.. but don't act like you know more than everyone else, and you are absolutely right they are absolutely wrong.. cuz it makes you look the clown here

I don't know more than everyone else I just know more than you. Is Mitty a good team, YES. Can they be beat, YES. Does SHC have enough to beat them. IN MY OPINION, YES. Last I checked this was a open message board so I'm allowed to speak MY opinion as freely as I want and how I want. Stick to talking about teams, players and coaches. My opinion is my opinion and I will voice that how I please. I could care less what rubs you the wrong way. Who are you again? I also don't have to provide YOU with facts about anything. Who are you again? In that same breath you didn't provide any stats as to why you think Mitty has a better supporting cast either. So there you go. You are not the message board supervisor so let's not instruct folks how to formulate their opinions on here. Furthermore, if you don't like or agree with MY opinion then it's simple. Don't read MY opinions and don't hit that post reply button. :)

On the contrary, because it's an open message board, people are allowed to read your posts, disagree with you, and say so.
And I would hope one to two more meetings and results would, at a minimum help shape or reshape on the opinions. If not, then it is no longer an opinion but rather repeated hot air.

At least Cityboy is not crying politics on IT not being selected to McDonald's. I hate that.

Nobody told you how to formulate your opinion. Only that if you talk like a clown, you're going to be treated like a clown. That's all.

On a more related topic, I haven't seen St. Francis yet this year. Are they really good enough to play with SHC, or were the Irish just a bit off this past Friday?

Nobody told you how to formulate your opinion. Only that if you talk like a clown, you're going to be treated like a clown. That's all.

On a more related topic, I haven't seen St. Francis yet this year. Are they really good enough to play with SHC, or were the Irish just a bit off this past Friday?

If the message don't pertain to you then don't respond to it. If your paying attention to the message board then you would see that someone in fact did attempt to tell me how to formulate my opinion. Goes back to the age old saying MYOB. No clown talk here so save that for someone else. You should see St. Francis for yourself and form your own opinion.

If the message don't pertain to you then don't respond to it. If your paying attention to the message board then you would see that someone in fact did attempt to tell me how to formulate my opinion. Goes back to the age old saying MYOB.
It's an open message board, remember? And I did read the previous messages -- no one was telling you how to formulate an opinion. Do you know what formulate means?

P.S. Thanks for the brilliant insight on St. Francis. I will be seeing them play against Mitty, but that will probably be a 40-point game.

It's an open message board, remember? And I did read the previous messages -- no one was telling you how to formulate an opinion. Do you know what formulate means?

P.S. Thanks for the brilliant insight on St. Francis. I will be seeing them play against Mitty, but that will probably be a 40-point game.

Funny person on a message board. Would be nice to see if your this funny in person. I'll be at the Mitty, St. Francis game as well. We should meet and see who's funnier.

Funny person on a message board. Would be nice to see if your this funny in person. I'll be at the Mitty, St. Francis game as well. We should meet and see who's funnier.
I was going to suggest meeting at the SHC - Pres game that evening. Should be more competitive. I'll be the one with the red nose and the big floppy shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT