ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty 63 Salesian 60 Final

Measuring "success" by championships rather than sustained excellence is one of my pet peeves. With single-elimination playoffs, a couple bad calls or missed free throws, or injury/illness, can lead to an unexpected loss.

I don't have the time to look, by my guess is Salesian has averaged around 23 or 24 wins a year since Steve Pezzola has been there. To me, given their willingness to play anyone anywhere, that's more than enough for an outstanding resume.

That's what I asked...As in with all that talent, what have they done. 2012-13 DIV Norcal and 2014 Open Norcal championships. then what?
Ok. For me, Salesian has been one of the top programs in NorCal. I believe they have made the Open Division in all but two seasons (2013 and 2020). How many programs have made it that many times?

In 2020, they lost in the D1 NorCal finals which still makes them one of the top teams in NorCal that year

And they have done this with two Power 5 players during that time so overall, so I would say they have had talent (which good team doesn't), but they haven't underachieved with their available talent either.

Measuring "success" by championships rather than sustained excellence is one of my pet peeves. With single-elimination playoffs, a couple bad calls or missed free throws, or injury/illness, can lead to an unexpected loss.

I don't have the time to look, by my guess is Salesian has averaged around 23 or 24 wins a year since Steve Pezzola has been there. To me, given their willingness to play anyone anywhere, that's more than enough for an outstanding resume.
Very well put!

now that i read it again, this is an insane comment... how do you establish a pivot foot on a layup?

pivot foot only applies when you aren't moving, not off the dribble. if you are dribbling, and stop your dribble, and you aren't moving, you now have to establish a pivot foot. if you catch the ball while not moving (i.e. posting up) you have to establish a pivot foot. if you catch the ball on the fly, you are allowed 2 steps to get rid of the ball.

if you are dribbling, and continue to move, you have 2 steps to get rid of the ball. there is no pivot.
This is insanely incorrect.

And yes, you establish a pivot when shooting a lay up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT