ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty v Etiwanda for the Open crown!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Here we go, two Top 10 in the USA teams!

Boys game ran a bit long, they are warming up now.

Etiwanda took out Sierra Canyon and Juju Watkins on Tuesday…

Mitty rolled thru Salesian Tuesday.

Looking forward to thus one…

Is this the year Mitty finally gets the Open title? Should be a good one

Can’t say I know much re: Etiwanda’s stars, but I do know a bit about Mitty…

Morgan Cheli and superfrosh McKenna Wolitchko are terrific!

Reactions: GBBall4L
I saw Woliczko (got the spelling right this time) completely DOMINATE the 8th grade NorCal all star game last spring…. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing!

Interesting thing for me so far is Etiwanda has more offensive rebounds than Mitty

Mitty seems like the better team and is starting to get some breathing room on offense. Lot of different players getting involved for the Monarchs

It's looking good for Mitty. The defensive schemes are making Etiwanda take bad shots and offensively they are being patient and making the right decisions. Looks like good coaching and dialed in players on the Mitty side. Second half should be interesting. Having Cheli back makes a huge difference. They would have destroyed Piedmont with Cheli.

This one has definitely lived up to the hype…

The skill level, speed, athleticism, teamwork, have been superb.

It's looking good for Mitty. The defensive schemes are making Etiwanda take bad shots and offensively they are being patient and making the right decisions. Looks like good coaching and dialed in players on the Mitty side. Second half should be interesting. Having Cheli back makes a huge difference. They would have destroyed Piedmont with Cheli.
Cheli looks good and they got nice production from Maya and Elle too in addition to McKenna.

Etiwanda’s Cade goes down hard after a foul, can’t weight on her right leg.

Richards of Etiwanda gets 4th foul, manages to get a stop before coming out despite being caught in a drive situation…

Woliczko gets her 3rd, coach rolls the dice….

Wtiwanda gets a 41-38 lead. 4:19 left 3rd.

Woliczko fouled, makes 2 FT’s. 41-40…

Morris hits a midrange fir Etiwanda…. 43-40.

2:58 left 3rd…

ball tipped, Cheli grabs it, drives, scores…. Mitty by 1.

1:58 left 3rd…

Smith fouled on the way up. FT’s good…. 45-44 Etiwanda.

Hernandez fouled, FT’s good, Mitty back in front by 1.

Travel on Etiwanda…

Woliczko scores inside, Etiwanda answers with a 3…. 48 all.

24 seconds, Etiwanda ball…. Morris fouled by Hernandez on a driving try, FT’s split.

With 7 seconds left, Mitty gets it to Cheli, who drives, spins, NAILS a short J at the buzzer!!

50-49 Mitty after 3 great quarters…

Reactions: TheHillZ
Woliczko scores after offensive rebound…. 54-49.

Etiwanda calls time to avoid a turnover…

Very choppy game. No flow because of constant fouling -- and the fouls aren't the refs' fault.

But this kind of game favors Etiwanda. The more flow, the better for Mitty.

Smith fouled by Cheli, makes 2…. can’t say that was tge best call I’ve ever seen…

Cheli gets picked…. Etiwanda scores on the runout…. And Cheli is injured.

I feel like the choppiness favors Mitty because they are winning the battle in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT