ADVERTISEMENT

Modesto Chr. Summer Classic Schedule is out! June 10-12.

This is exciting for some many reasons. Basketball Summer Tournament with 64 teams. What a great opportunity to bring all these Schools, Communities, and Players together. Credit to all Participants and Modesto Chr., Ripon Chr., Ripon, and Weston Ranch for hosting this Jamboree. a great opportunity to watch great talent, coaching and teamwork.

Looks to me like this is basically the same event as the one that had been held at this time in the Dublin area in the years before Covid happened. Glad to see it back, even at a different locale... One of the best summer events, to be sure...

I'll be down there, most likely all three days.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Looking at the weather forecast…. Gym AC’s will need to work overtime…

Hahaha, one day it might reach 102, the other days only in the nineties. This is the Central Valley, aka a desert with Canals.

Last edited:
Just a few days away from the biggest summer tournament the Central Valley has ever seen. 7 teams that played in 2022 CA State OPEN playoffs 29 teams that played in 2022 CA State playoffs including 1 state Champion 7 2022 Section Champions....tweeted from MC summer Classic.

I am at Ripon HS, watching DLS thrash Elk Grove despite the absence of Alec Blair, whom I assume is playing travel baseball.

44-14 at the half. DLS is using lots of full-court pressure, causing much havoc. 72-32 final.

Last edited:
75-25 final…. Next up, Campo faces Monte Vista, who got here by beating Ripon.

MV takes over late… Cougs go to hack n hope, down 69-61. less than a minute…

Those MV-DLS games will be a hot ticket this year…

Clovis W leads 36-24 at the half. Berkeley started fast, but CN closed on ‘em and rolled past. Gonna take a break, then head to MC for more action.

It’s HOT in here!!!

Got to Modesto Christian…. saw a few minutes of Dougherty Valley…. and the power went out.

I’m back…. Game on!

I’ll just assume DV finished their blowout win in style…

Watching Branson v Monterey Trail. Trail has more size and bounce, but Branson is Branson. Currently 18-10 Branson mid first half.

61-47 final, Branson in charge.

Next, we have San Ramon v Dougherty Valley.

DV scores to take the lead, 45 seconds left…. but SRV hits a 3! 63-62 SRV, 14 seconds left, DV ball

Pass in to DV’s center on a cut to the hoop…. SCORES at the buzzer! DV gets the win 64-63. Terrific game!

Dublin faces Kimball next… Probably won’t be close. But ya never know…

My mistake…. It’s Vallejo that Dublin is thumping…. Kimball is next game, v Modesto Christian.

Anyhooooo…. It’s 28-7 Dublin.

Dublin ran off with it, didn’t see the final score…

MC is getting a tussle from Kimball…. very scrappy bunch. 22-13 MC at the half.

MC says, “Nope, not in our house!” and goes on a 7-0 run. 30-20. 13 minutes left.

5:13 left, 32-25 Dublin. They’ve thrown down a few impressive high-flying dunks once past Bullard’s full-court pressure.

Dublin rolls by about 20.

Redwood tries MC next. According to the schedule it was going to be McNair vs MC. Dunno what happened there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT