ADVERTISEMENT

Modesto Chr. Summer Classic Schedule is out! June 10-12.

Back at MC after watching the Cougs split a pair at Weston Ranch.

They erased a double-digit defecit to nip SRV 64-62, then lost a close one to what I’m calling the surprise team of the event, Northgate. NG graduated nearly all of their major players from last year, but they seem to be just fine after beating O’Dowd, then the Cougs today.

Branson grabs its first lead with 11:15 left…. now 60-59 Branson with 9:04 left.

CE guy drives toward the hole…. and travels…. After a missed FT by Branson, CW gets a last-second heave from half court…. Nope. Branson wins an exciting battle.

34-23 Manteca at the half…. I feel the need to head to Ripon for DLS v Clovis North.

Got here to find the end of Gregori v Lathrop…. Lathrop by 1, Gregori ball with 1:54 left.

50-34 DLS…. 5 minutes left. Sparty is having a slightly easier time than I thought they might.

53-34 Spartans…. They have looked really good, especially considering Alec Blair is absent.

Too hot in here, sorry DV and MV…. I’m offto MC’s AC’ed gym. 🙂

Holy War here, Modesto Chr v Capital Chr…

VERY physical ballgame, MC leads 28-22 with 12:50 left.

Tounde Yasafu is the star of St Joe…. About 6-6, strong, skilled, great hands, and can leap out of gym…. And he’s a sophomore!

Tounde Yessoufou. That’s the spelling…. took awhile to figure that out…

He and St. Joe are just trashing the Spartans…. 51-23

Dougherty Valley taking on MC now…. 21-17 DV at the moment…. 3 minutes left in the first half.

23-22 DV at the half.

btw, Jamari Phillips is busy elsewhere this weekend…. a lil thing called Team USA U17 tryouts.

wait a sec… I think I see him with the team, in street clothes. Maybe that’s a precaution or something…. Or maybe my eyeballs are nuts. 🙂

Okay, that got a bit ugly…. a DV coach got a T, then another…. and refused to leave the building completely enough to satisfy the refs…. Finally, the refs called the game overwith, done, kaput.
DV had already fallen behind, so the win/loss was very unlikely to be different anyway….

Until tomorrow…

Last edited:
@kiddman32 , thx for all your updates. It sounds like DLS as impressed early. There was talks about Blair leaving for IMg. Anybody know? What is your ranking thus far?

LL…. Um…. Trying to rank teams now is as yet impossible…

But that kid at St. Joseph of Santa Maria…

That’s easy. I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t become a 5-star guy with zillions of offers. Take a look at the above link from his first game last year as a freshman…

my nephew just graduated from St Joes couple of years ago but they work hard on bringing in recruits from all over with host families…..they have had a strong hoops program for a minute now

this kid is from Benin in West Africa and only
In the US for a couple of years only scratched the surface of his potential

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT