ADVERTISEMENT

Modesto Christian tourney, Day 2

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I got a WHOLE YEAR OLDER yesterday….

Hard to get this ancient body moving…

Hoping I make it for the 2nd game after my linguisa and egg breakfast…. Country Skillet, Ripon. My go-to when Gold Dust Puzza isn’t open yet.

Puzza? I could have edited that, but it’s kinda finny, errrrrr funny. 🙂

Hoping I make it for the 2nd game after my linguisa and egg breakfast…. Country Skillet, Ripon. My go-to when Gold Dust Puzza isn’t open yet.
Give The Old Mill

Give the Old Mill Cafe on 9th Street in Modesto a try for breakfast. Pretty good breakfasts.

Arrived…. Just saw the very end of the O Tech v Venture game. Venture won by some 25-30. I was told O Tech received a number of T’s during the contest.

Old Mill…. maybe some year, if I end up staying in that area rather than Ripon…. :)

So, now we have San Leandro facing Weston Ranch.

I expected the game before this to be close, so this onne will likely be close since the last wasn’t. :)

But seriously, folks…. I’m thinking Weston Ranch wins by a good bit, tho their legs might be a bit off after that late thriller last night.

Halfway thru the 1st, San Leandro is up 10-7. It hasn’t been pretty.

13-12 Ranch now…. They are showing signs of waking up. 1:19 left 1st.

Ranch is now fully awake…. 29-15 Weston Ranch after a volleyball-line 3.

37-16 now, 4:25 left in the half…. Can you say…. Mercy Rule? That’s where this one’s headed…

Buzzer-beating layup gets Turlock an 11-10 lead after one quarter.

#22 on Immanuel, who jammed his wrist or thumb yesterday, is playing taped up today. Good thing, they only have 7 suited up.

Immanuel with a last-seconds steal and score to take the lead 20-19 at halftime.

34-33 Immanuel after 3 quarters. If anyone, anywhere, gets a little hot, the game is theirs.

Under a minute…. Tied at 47.

Now 27 seconds left, #3 of Immanuel fouled, bonus…. First FT, nope…. Same for the 2nd. Turlock ball, now 9.2 seconds, time out called. But there was a foul at the same time on Immanuel. No bonus, tho…

Turlock takes it in on the side. Shot from the baseline at the buzzer…. Nope. FREE BASKETBALL!

Turlock #1 fouled on a shot, FT’s split, 48-47. Imannuel rebound.

3-ball from the corner, GOOD! Immanuel leads by 2, but Turlock ties it right back up…

Immanuel #22, the guy with the bandaged wrist, fouled underneath…. FT’s good. hmm… 52-51, that score right? Thought it was 53-51. Guess not, but the scoring has been suspect all game. Anywayyy…. Immanuel leads by 1, has the rock, well…. had it. Foul, Turlock #1 at the line. First one good, 2nd also…. 53-52 Turlock.

Immanuel turns it over, time out, 2:07 left.

Immanuel rebounds after four Turlock tries, but can’t score…. 50 seconds.

Immanuel swat, fast break, layup missed, Turlock rebound. Turlock #10 at the line… First one good, 2nd also. 55-52 Turlock, 17 seconds, Immanuel has the rock, chance to tie.

Turlock STEAL! Scramble for the ball, Turlock grabs it and calls time. Turlock ball, 3-point lead. 7.6 seconds left.

Immanuel fouls immediately, Turlock #21 at the line, sinks a pair. Immanuel steps over the endline, another foul, but this baby’s Ovah! FT’s both good…. 59-52 final, Turlock toughs it out.

Great start of the 2nd q for Edison, as they grab a 21-13 lead with 5:43 left in the half.

Another buzzer-beater putback for Edison, as they take a 27-22 lead at the half.

46-36 Edison, 5:25 left in the game.

Downey can’t be happy with their shooting percentages today.

Of course…. As soon as I say that, they nail a three. 46-39 now. 4:34 left.

Here we go, the much harder to execute 2024 version of hack-n-hope. was 50-41 at the start, let’s see how this goes…

First game of the championship bracket up next: Vanden vs Pleasant Valley.

Thompson starts the day on fire…. 3 triples in a row. 9-2 Vanden, 5:44 left 1st.

PV time out, 20-4 Vanden…. Thompson has 14 for Vanden, 4 triples and a layup.

PV scores a couple buckets to stay within hailing distance…. 20-8 after 1 quarter.

Thompson was shaken up a little at the end of the last play.

Big 3 by Malachai Harper for PV…. 21-13. 5:25 left in the half.

Vanden #5 goes to the hoop, is fouled…. Assan Huff, I think. FT’s split, 22-13.

(I’m still going by what I hear from the announcer, if I hear it, maybe correctly…)

Thompson hounds a guy into a 5-second count.

4:15 left.

Hoff with a nice spin move for 2…. 24-13.

Thompson nails a 3 off a steal…. 27-13.

Garretson rebounds a miss, Harper scores for PV. 27-15.

Thompson with a charge thru Garretson, which takes some doing…

Hunter scores for PV. 27-17. 1:50 left in the half.

Hoff cuts, takes a pass, and scores…. 29-17.

STEAL by Drew Perkins, scores…. 31-17. Wild pass, Vanden gets it back, 25 seconds…. And, that’s the half. Vanden looks WAY too bouncy for PV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT