ADVERTISEMENT

random thoughts on Modesto Christian vs Lincoln (Stockton) CIF SJS playoff 2/17/23

Jul 2, 2001
** On 2/17/23, in the second round of the CIF SJS playoffs, Modesto Christian beat Lincoln (Stockton) in overtime, 60-56.

** MC’s San Diego State commit senior # 10 B.J. Davis is legit. I know that’s not breaking news, but he is the best player I have seen live and in person this season. Expect him to have an impact at San Diego State.

** Lincoln’s most efficient offensive weapon looks to be junior # 23 Quentin Thompson. Against MC, Thompson led Lincoln with 20 points. He can shoot the three, shoot the midrange, is excellent at getting to the rim, and can finish with either hand. Expect Thompson to have an excellent upcoming AAU season with West Coast Elite.

** A strange occurrence happened in the game towards the end of regulation. With 2:12 left on the game clock and Lincoln winning 51-49, MC’s BJ Davis went down with a cramp. It happened on the baseline near the MC bench. Part of his body was in bounds and part was out of bounds. Normally, in this circumstance, the player is quickly carted off and the cramp is tended to on the bench. However, the MC staff worked on Davis for several minutes right there and the game just stopped. I know that, in the case of a serious injury, the game is often stopped for several minutes. But I’ve watched enough basketball to know that for cramps the player is brought to the bench quickly and worked on there.

Let’s put it this way, the game was stopped long enough that Cheeto may or may not have walked out of the gym, purchased three of those excellent freshly baked cookies that the lady makes at the table in the foyer, eaten all of them, taken a super fat dookie in the nice restrooms behind the snack bar, called Mrs. Cheeto for a quick chat, walked back into the gym, counted all of the MC championship basketball banners in the gym, returned to my seat, and the referees were still standing there twiddling their thumbs not doing their job to get the game going.

Davis, being the player that he is, ended up having a huge impact on the remainder of the game. But it is very possible, I would even say likely, that Lincoln would have won that game in regulation with Davis on the bench as he should have been.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not knocking Davis or the MC staff. They knew what they were doing by not moving him and I would have tried the same if I were them.

I am, however, questioning the referees. If the referees get that game going quickly like normal, Lincoln wins that game in regulation.

** On MC’s website, the description of their school states:

“Modesto Christian offers a safe and healthy environment to nurture and encourage students to pursue excellence and exploration in academics, athletics and the arts; and for forging lifelong relationships. All teachers, faculty, and administration are called to a Christ-centered lifestyle, as well as Christ-centered work and service.”

As a free service to them, Cheeto has made a few suggested edits to their school description. I believe it would be more appropriate to read like this:

“Modesto Christian offers a safe and healthy environment to nurture and encourage students to pursue excellence and exploration in academics, athletics and the arts; and for forging lifelong relationships. But let’s be honest, we’re mostly just here for the athletics. All teachers, faculty, and administration are called to a Christ-centered lifestyle, as well as Christ-centered work and service. Modesto Christian definitely has a heart for international students. However, it has been put upon our heart to especially show our Christ-centered lifestyle to international students that are at least 6-foot-8 (2.03 meters) and can dunk.

I don’t really know anyone who works there or anything, but could someone please relay this potential updated website description to MC? Cheeto would appreciate it.

Make a call go spend a day on campus. Free cookies. Talk to current families, and former families. Thsn maybe comment.
I formed more of a post in my head, but why. Nothing is changing a Cheetos color.

Cheeto everyone has an opinion and that is yours. Not a Fan of MC, understood. Relay your own message to Brice Fanatazia or stop by for coffee with Greg Pearce Athletic Director.
Modesto Christian is a small school who has been a California Basketball Power under Coaches who players love to play for. Gary Porter, Richard Midgely, Brice Fantazia.
You should seek to understand how it was done, building relationships far and abroad.
We do have tissues available for our guests.

Cheeto everyone has an opinion and that is yours. Not a Fan of MC, understood. Relay your own message to Brice Fanatazia or stop by for coffee with Greg Pearce Athletic Director.
Modesto Christian is a small school who has been a California Basketball Power under Coaches who players love to play for. Gary Porter, Richard Midgely, Brice Fantazia.
You should seek to understand how it was done, building relationships far and abroad.
We do have tissues available for our guests.
school size means little when your boundaries are boundless. i dont agree with cheeto just wanted to point that out.

** On 2/17/23, in the second round of the CIF SJS playoffs, Modesto Christian beat Lincoln (Stockton) in overtime, 60-56.

** MC’s San Diego State commit senior # 10 B.J. Davis is legit. I know that’s not breaking news, but he is the best player I have seen live and in person this season. Expect him to have an impact at San Diego State.

** Lincoln’s most efficient offensive weapon looks to be junior # 23 Quentin Thompson. Against MC, Thompson led Lincoln with 20 points. He can shoot the three, shoot the midrange, is excellent at getting to the rim, and can finish with either hand. Expect Thompson to have an excellent upcoming AAU season with West Coast Elite.

** A strange occurrence happened in the game towards the end of regulation. With 2:12 left on the game clock and Lincoln winning 51-49, MC’s BJ Davis went down with a cramp. It happened on the baseline near the MC bench. Part of his body was in bounds and part was out of bounds. Normally, in this circumstance, the player is quickly carted off and the cramp is tended to on the bench. However, the MC staff worked on Davis for several minutes right there and the game just stopped. I know that, in the case of a serious injury, the game is often stopped for several minutes. But I’ve watched enough basketball to know that for cramps the player is brought to the bench quickly and worked on there.

Let’s put it this way, the game was stopped long enough that Cheeto may or may not have walked out of the gym, purchased three of those excellent freshly baked cookies that the lady makes at the table in the foyer, eaten all of them, taken a super fat dookie in the nice restrooms behind the snack bar, called Mrs. Cheeto for a quick chat, walked back into the gym, counted all of the MC championship basketball banners in the gym, returned to my seat, and the referees were still standing there twiddling their thumbs not doing their job to get the game going.

Davis, being the player that he is, ended up having a huge impact on the remainder of the game. But it is very possible, I would even say likely, that Lincoln would have won that game in regulation with Davis on the bench as he should have been.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not knocking Davis or the MC staff. They knew what they were doing by not moving him and I would have tried the same if I were them.

I am, however, questioning the referees. If the referees get that game going quickly like normal, Lincoln wins that game in regulation.

** On MC’s website, the description of their school states:

“Modesto Christian offers a safe and healthy environment to nurture and encourage students to pursue excellence and exploration in academics, athletics and the arts; and for forging lifelong relationships. All teachers, faculty, and administration are called to a Christ-centered lifestyle, as well as Christ-centered work and service.”

As a free service to them, Cheeto has made a few suggested edits to their school description. I believe it would be more appropriate to read like this:

“Modesto Christian offers a safe and healthy environment to nurture and encourage students to pursue excellence and exploration in academics, athletics and the arts; and for forging lifelong relationships. But let’s be honest, we’re mostly just here for the athletics. All teachers, faculty, and administration are called to a Christ-centered lifestyle, as well as Christ-centered work and service. Modesto Christian definitely has a heart for international students. However, it has been put upon our heart to especially show our Christ-centered lifestyle to international students that are at least 6-foot-8 (2.03 meters) and can dunk.

I don’t really know anyone who works there or anything, but could someone please relay this potential updated website description to MC? Cheeto would appreciate it.
all that said... and failed to wash your hands

Reactions: M.C. fan
Modesto Christian is doing something that no other SJS private school is currently doing. They are attracting (recruiting) top athletes to their school.

Other programs have done it in the past but MC’s longevity is impressive. They are definitely a great NorCal basketball school.

••••• I am impressed with their guard play. I think they’re 6’9 center has been their unsung hero… I wonder how they will play against a good team with strong wing players. They could possibly struggle against a good team with 6’5-6’7 do it all athletes.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Modesto Christian is doing something that no other SJS private school is currently doing. They are attracting (recruiting) top athletes to their school.

Other programs have done it in the past but MC’s longevity is impressive. They are definitely a great NorCal basketball school.

••••• I am impressed with their guard play. I think they’re 6’9 center has been their unsung hero… I wonder how they will play against a good team with strong wing players. They could possibly struggle against a good team with 6’5-6’7 do it all athletes.
Food for thought:
We played two teams one from Chicago (St. Rita) and one from St. Louis. We had 8 players suited and took first game to overtime and loss after Prince who is 6'10 fouled out. Vashon Hs. has nine D1 athletes (do it all athletes) and made us pay for being undersized. Until last week when Kody Weary 6'6 was made eligible. We brought up a sophomore to aid Prince on the boards, thus keeping Oseya out of foul trouble. God has blessed us! We praise God!!

Food for thought:
We played two teams one from Chicago (St. Rita) and one from St. Louis. We had 8 players suited and took first game to overtime and loss after Prince who is 6'10 fouled out. Vashon Hs. has nine D1 athletes (do it all athletes) and made us pay for being undersized. Until last week when Kody Weary 6'6 was made eligible. We brought up a sophomore to aid Prince on the boards, thus keeping Oseya out of foul trouble. God has blessed us! We praise God!!
this man firing shots. 🤣🤣🤣 talkin bout God did it.

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
Food for thought:
Be careful claiming God is on MC’s side. You might’ve just jinxed MC!

God works in mysterious ways!!! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT