ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Night Reese vs Clark and Paige vs Juju

Angel Reese impressed me yesterday. She can't really score, but she can do everything else.

There is the attitude issue, but she sort of reminds me of Draymond. If she's on your team, you love her for the gritty play and the attitude doesn't bother you. When she plays against you, she's annoyingly good.

I think LSU takes down Iowa.

Reactions: ayalar09
Angel Reese impressed me yesterday. She can't really score, but she can do everything else.

There is the attitude issue, but she sort of reminds me of Draymond. If she's on your team, you love her for the gritty play and the attitude doesn't bother you. When she plays against you, she's annoyingly good.

I think LSU takes down Iowa.
Hailey had been non existent as a scorer.
Flourney been tough though

This is about as good of a night as the NCAA Tournament could have hoped for.

Maybe the four most recongnizable players in the sport
Big school brands
A school from the West, Midwest, Southeast and Northeast

And in a local note, McKenize Forbes has been a key player for USC this year. She has bounced around a little and sat out two years, but has found a good role for the Trojans

the refs screwed uconn. the softest foul ever
There's an X clip: Edwards steps out late and doesn't establish herself. Her top foot is way wider than her shoulder. And then she leans into her with an elbow.

Maybe the dumbest foul I can imagine. The defender was trailing Bueckers already.

Notice that Geno didn't say a word to the ref and he was right there. He just turned around and screamed at the floor. Edwards was an idiot on that play -- just set your feet and give Paige a chance.

That had to be called. If only one of three things had happened, OK -- but all three? Whistle must blow.

after the game geno said the fouls were 18-9 against his team, and an illegal screen happens all game. he said i guess we gotta get better at setting screens. he thinks it was a terrible call at that time for sure... but too his credit he didnt berate the official at that moment.

I think South Carolina has too much juice for Iowa. Clark can get 40 but it won't be enough.

On the other hand, that 6-7 center for SC could go for 30 herself. That Brazilian Beast is a female force of nature. That lady is a load. Good luck, Iowa.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
There's an X clip: Edwards steps out late and doesn't establish herself. Her top foot is way wider than her shoulder. And then she leans into her with an elbow.

Maybe the dumbest foul I can imagine. The defender was trailing Bueckers already.

Notice that Geno didn't say a word to the ref and he was right there. He just turned around and screamed at the floor. Edwards was an idiot on that play -- just set your feet and give Paige a chance.

That had to be called. If only one of three things had happened, OK -- but all three? Whistle must blow.

View: https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1776472079988355468

I think South Carolina has too much juice for Iowa. Clark can get 40 but it won't be enough.
who has more pressure? SC trying to go undefeated, dawn chasing greatness, revenge factor from last year?
iowa needing to come up big so clark doesnt leave without a title, all of america wanting iowa to win minus the state of south carolina and conneticut.
iowa is playing with house money. the game is on sunday so god, country, and the refs will be on iowa side.

this has the makings of the 18-0 patriots and the 74 win illegal screener warriors...

iowa wins by 10.

I saw a video from the wrong angle that everyone is seeing and says the call is wrong. There is also a video from a different angle that shows the actions of the defender that was clearly an illegal screen, not even close.

I can’t wait until next year to sit 30 rows up with the parent refs who have never refereed a game in their life but spend the game yelling at the ref.

Lebron would be on the floor crying if someone had set that screen on him without a call.

Reactions: observer22
Unless you've seen a WNBA game from courtside, or very close, it's very hard to realize just how big, strong, quick and talented WNBA players are.

For that reason, a quick shoutout to Morgan Bertsch from Santa Rosa, who is a WNBA player -- and has never gotten the respect she deserves on this board, or elsewhere.

south carolina went 37-0 and all the talk been about iowa and clark.
dawn felt that pressure and that was those tears after the game.

refs tried their hardest to give clark that game tho

Unless you've seen a WNBA game from courtside, or very close, it's very hard to realize just how big, strong, quick and talented WNBA players are.

For that reason, a quick shoutout to Morgan Bertsch from Santa Rosa, who is a WNBA player -- and has never gotten the respect she deserves on this board, or elsewhere.
We gave her the respect up in Sonoma County. We all knew how good she was.

I remeber after she signed at Davis I was talking to the Davis coach at our CN tourney a couple of yrs later...

I told her how good we all thought Morgan was ...and "how in the hell did Stanford not recruit her"? She replied that they didnt know and were very happy Stanford didnt.
And I was like "I bet you are" haha

again...we all knew up in the NorthBay how good she was...

Reactions: larry legend33
a couple of calls possibly but the refs
Are risking their careers on the biggest stage unless you are saying the whole system is in on this conspiracy

Cardoso may turn out to be the better player.
diana t is catchin hell for her comments but she is pretty accurate. the wnba draft is a week away and the season like 3 weeks away. you played all season then have to go straight to playing versus bigger, stronger and faster players.

Clark will have an adjustment period, no doubt. But the opposition will put their best perimeter defender on Kelsey Mitchell, so that will help. Still, the second-best perimeter defender on any WNBA roster is a much better defender than Clark has ever had to deal with.

Of all of the revealing stats, images and revelations emerging from Sunday's women's title test, this one tends to stand out: Bench points, SC 37, Iowa 0. Ouch. Double-ouch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT