ADVERTISEMENT

Montgomery (Santa Rosa) Peterich Tournament

I am on the scene...

Low on talent but high on grit, Pleasant Grove just pulled off its 2nd straight overtime win to nab 5th place over Tamalpais.

8 minutes to tip for the Santa Rosa grudge match...

Might be more like first to 35... Both teams struggle to score and both are quite solid on the defensive end...

Just for the heck of it, I’ll go with Monty 35-32.

Newman takes the lead 22-19 on the strength of a trio of 3-balls... 4:41 left in the half.

31-24 at the half... Came pretty close to my full-game prediction at the half...

Goes to show ya, I really dunno all that much about the game, just love to watch it

By my extremely unofficial count, Trevor Smith leads Newman with 10 and Harvey Rouleau leads Monty with 11.

Neither team is in any sort of foul trouble... Nobody on either team has 3 and only one guy has 2.

Newman guy steals at half court, goes in for a jam and gets swatted by the rim... Monty responds with two straight buckets... Emotions are getting up a lil bit now... 43-38 Newman, then Monty dink’s a outback at the buzzer. Now it’s 43-40 at the start of 4th, Newman trying to ang on.

Newman starts the 4th with a couple quick scores to go up 47-40 with 5:48 left.

Maso Friesch showing a nice stroke... has hit a pair of 3’s in the last minute or so...

56–44 Newman now, 1:31 left

More proof I really dunno what the bleep I’m talking about... I really thought Monty looked stronger yesterday.

Newman by 12... Monty has missed a bunch of FT’s and maybe could be closer... But it’s a 56-45 final.

MV with a bit of a run at the end of the q... 14-11 Campo at the quarter break.

Bortz gets foul 3 pulling down the guy who made the first two buckets..

34-29 Cougs!! Doing everything right the first three minutes of the half.. 12-2 run

Bortz back in this last minute, has made presence felt with a bucket and a FT... and a charge the ref missed badly. But it’s 48-36 going into the 4th, Cougs in front.

MV scores two buckets in a row, time out Cougs... 52-42 Cougs in front. 4:42 left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT