ADVERTISEMENT

Name your top two of each Section!

Well done. Not sure they are in same class but in NCS DLS will be very good and a tier down look for SRV to get a lot of respect. In SJS, Jesuit returns 3 starters and could end up being more team oriented with Andrej gone. Capital Christian will be strong also, especially when CJ from Folsom is eligible.
Looks like a good year in store for norcal hoops.

CCS- Mitty
Riordan
NCS- Salesian
Branson
SJS- Sheldon
MC
CS- Clovis North
St. Josephs
Those looks pretty solid to me (don't know a ton about the Centrral Section). Branson will be an interesting one to watch. Obviously have two high level guards, but that is a potential big jump up this year

I heard last week that DLS has a couple of 6'6" transfers that could turn the tide in Sparty's favor. I saw DLS play this summer and may have seen them on the squad, but not sure.

A bit unusual; DLS doesn't often get many upperclass transfers; their varsity is normally made up of guys who started there as freshmen.

Those looks pretty solid to me (don't know a ton about the Centrral Section). Branson will be an interesting one to watch. Obviously have two high level guards, but that is a potential big jump up this year
Branson's roster is pretty stacked throughout with some freshman and sophomores to watch too. But yes, it's definitely a step up. Quite frankly, Redwood-Larkspur in the MCAL will probably be fiercely competitive with Branson too in league play.

Reactions: Streak One
I heard last week that DLS has a couple of 6'6" transfers that could turn the tide in Sparty's favor. I saw DLS play this summer and may have seen them on the squad, but not sure.

A bit unusual; DLS doesn't often get many upperclass transfers; their varsity is normally made up of guys who started there as freshmen.
the field was catching up... they had to head down highway 4 east and west to engage with the reinforcements like the football team does.

Actually, I don't think the football team gets many upperclassmen transfers either. Some, I'm sure, but not many. They build from JV and Frosh, many of which are from either the 680 or 4 corridors... But they are a private school, they have no district of their own and have to "recruit" every kid they get, from athletes to nerds to average Joes to whatever. Most are from Eastbay Catholic intermediate schools, which I guess you could say means that the intermediates "recruit" for them.

Actually, I don't think the football team gets many upperclassmen transfers either. Some, I'm sure, but not many. They build from JV and Frosh, many of which are from either the 680 or 4 corridors... But they are a private school, they have no district of their own and have to "recruit" every kid they get, from athletes to nerds to average Joes to whatever. Most are from Eastbay Catholic intermediate schools, which I guess you could say means that the intermediates "recruit" for them.
kidd... come on man

Hooping with the players in the gym says nothing. I never said the science kids were the hoopers.

All I said is that most DLS players in all sports are from Catholic intermediate schools nearby and that nearly all of them went to DLS as freshmen.

Upperclassmen transferring to DLS is far from typical, though it appears a couple of 'em came in for this season.

Hooping with the players in the gym says nothing. I never said the science kids were the hoopers.

All I said is that most DLS players in all sports are from Catholic intermediate schools nearby and that nearly all of them went to DLS as freshmen.

Upperclassmen transferring to DLS is far from typical, though it appears a couple of 'em came in for this season.
well, i can name a few who def aint catholic before going, and def didnt start after they left.

Interesting and you are correct in terms of incoming transfers. Sort of like Stanford. But in terms of being competitive maybe that will change.?
DLS lost to MC by 1 in norcal and returns a lot. Could be a tough out

Interesting and you are correct in terms of incoming transfers. Sort of like Stanford. But in terms of being competitive maybe that will change.?
DLS lost to MC by 1 in norcal and returns a lot. Could be a tough out
Do they return a lot? Saw them a few times in the off season and outside of Blair, they didn’t have much. They will be coached up for sure.

Do they return a lot? Saw them a few times in the off season and outside of Blair, they didn’t have much. They will be coached up for sure.
Pretty sure they were young and JV team was loaded. If they get a transfer or 2 like kiddman say they will be in the hunt.

well, i can name a few who def aint catholic before going, and def didnt start after they left.
Lets go! I want names. ... We are nit-picking here. DLS isnt that school when you start the school year and go "woah they got that guy now?" They get kids from the get-go and most stay all four years and arent bouncing around like the hot girl looking for the new bf every year. Im using key word "MOST" which doesnt mean ALL. Thats a real brotherhood. The opposites are mercenaries.

Lets go! I want names. ... We are nit-picking here. DLS isnt that school when you start the school year and go "woah they got that guy now?" They get kids from the get-go and most stay all four years and arent bouncing around like the hot girl looking for the new bf every year. Im using key word "MOST" which doesnt mean ALL. Thats a real brotherhood. The opposites are mercenaries.
Didn't DeLa lose 3 kids a couple of years ago at the same time to transfer? Dargan, Bunch and the big kid that played football? Transfers happen. Kids are not mercenaries.

Didn't DeLa lose 3 kids a couple of years ago at the same time to transfer? Dargan, Bunch and the big kid that played football? Transfers happen. Kids are not mercenaries.
Yes I think we are talking about into the program not away.

I heard one of the 6’6” transfers is from the Monterey area and is supposed to be very good. Didn’t hear about the other one.

Aaaanywayyyy... Don't sleep on Weston Ranch, either.

I saw them a bit during the summer and they looked really good. They've scheduled up like they're expecting some big things this year.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Montgomery returns a really good group after winning 20 games last year. They are going to be very good and I would expect them to be the 2nd best team north of golden gate. (Branson #1)
Newman lost a lot from last year. Believe they have a good transfer, but it should be a tougher year for them.

Montgomery returns a really good group after winning 20 games last year. They are going to be very good and I would expect them to be the 2nd best team north of golden gate. (Branson #1)
Newman lost a lot from last year. Believe they have a good transfer, but it should be a tougher year for them.
NBL is on the climb! You heard it here first!

I agree with all the picks in the first post, but there will be some strong challengers.

A few I can think of offhand:

In SJS, Weston Ranch and St. Mary's Stockton are big threats.

In NCS, CVC and SRV will be very strong.

As far as the CCS goes, it's hard to get past Mitty's and Riordan; unless there are major injuries or something, those two are near-locks to be the top two.

Don't know much about the Central section, but Clovis North and St. Joseph of Santa Maria look like heavy favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT