ADVERTISEMENT

NBL League Champ

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Looks likie league champ might come down to the last game of the season. (Monday Night) when Newman plays Casa at Casa.

Monty plays Casa tnite and I don't believe Monty has lost since there PG returned a week ago or so. Casa is 11-1 and Monty is 10-2. Nobody seems to be playing better than Monty right now so I'm going to go with Vikings 55 and Casa 50. (plus its a home game for Monty).

That would put Newman and Casa both at 11-2 going into Monday's night contest. Newman already beat Casa so if they can sweep them they would walk away NBL champs.

Pretty fun going down the stretch.

disagree a bit

Disagree just a bit.

First of all, it's a 3 game week. Final league games are Friday. Monty had a scare vs Windsor Monday - they trailed until the 4th quarter. Their point guard, Septimo, does not look like he's 100% just yet. I think it's Casa's league to lose. Their big man at 6' 6" plays tougher than Monty's 6' 11" big boy. That, plus Septimo looking gimpy is going to be enough to get Casa a win tonight. And Friday Casa will be after some revenge at home vs. Newman. They really felt they got hosed by the refs first time out so they'll be looking to make a statement.

3 way tie for 1st in the NBL with Casa, Monty and CN.....

Monty plays @ SR on Fri.......CN plays @ Casa.....

CN drew the #1 in the tiebreaker

Monty drew the #2

Casa drew the #8

assuming Monty wins.....

If CN wins they are the 1 seed and gets Windsor at home in Shaughnessy 1st rd.
with Casa @ Monty.....

If Casa wins Monty gets Windsor at home in the 1st rd.
and CN @ Casa again....lol

should make for a fun Friday night in the NBL

***** I think that's all correct!!!! :)

This post was edited on 2/11 9:58 PM by northbaybbguru

Not surprised at all. Monty is a totally different team with Septimo even if he's not 100%. Very dangerous team come NCS time and to me the best team in the NBL right now.

Newman and Casa should be a great game. This is a total tossup to me. Casa has a slight edge being home and wanting revenge but Newman has a way to win big games. I think it will be a nail bitter.

Newman 54
Casa 52

Regular season champ does decide the automatic NCS bid, in case of a tie the team that gets the furthest in the post season tourney will get the bid

Should be a great finish to the NBL. Many of us including me thought it would be a 2 team race with Monty and Newman. CASA got healthy and sort of exploded. I know CASA will be hungry because of the setback last time. Newman girls went 14-0 in NBL and brought home champ, Would be sweet to sweep.

I say Newman steals another from CASA by 3 on the road and takes the champ home.

Yeesh......I don't know larry......

Casa going to be locked and loaded tonight after the crazy ending last time....

It would be a GREAT win for CN if they pulled it off....

If casa wins.....they come right back on Tuesday and play each other again @ casa!!! in the Shaughnessy.

Will anybody beat Monty though in the shaunessey? It seems to me the champ runs through the vikings now that Septimo is healthy.

CN 57.... Casa 50.....

Botteri and Ryan played VERY good.....

Casa did a good job defending Rubintino...

Casa @ Monty on weds 2/18
Windsor @ CN

winners meet at Santa Rosa JC on Friday for Shaughnessy championship.....

Girls will play 1st....boys right after.

Never bet against coach Bonfigli in a big game! 3 wins from Career #700!
Guru- Was it the balance that helped out? Newman IMO was relying to much on Rubuattino. Botteri and Ryan are both very good players. Nice to see them step it up.

Should be a great tourney over at SRJC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT