ADVERTISEMENT

Sac-Joaquin Round 3 Section D3-D4 Semifinal Matchups

M.C. fan

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2022
We can take a look at the D3 through D7 playoffs and predictions of who will advance. 1st let's breakdown the D3/D4/D5 games.
A few home teams might find themselves in a shootout against a powerful visitor who has tasted the Crown!
Tough football and being prepared for big games have brought these matchups to light on Friday night.
We have some newcomers and some veteran teams, here is a look at the games.

D3- Grant vs. Oakdale - The Mustangs have the resume to play anyone at their level, question pending is how long SJS keeps Grant in D3. Oakdale will be a tough out for the Pacers. I feel an upset due to the beat down of Linden 82-7. I know Oakdale will be looking to show some respect. I have Oakdale 44-39. This is a matchup similar to Los Gatos and Grant 22-21. Grant will be tested for discipline on both sides of the ball, can they limit penalties?

Woodcreek vs. Vanden- The Vikings have played a tough schedule, coming close to defeating Campo/Vista Del Lago. The Timberwolves only loss was to Inderkum by 5 at home. This is a very close matchup. Vanden averages just under 35 points per game, while Woodcreek at 41. Woodcreek at home and the drive might tire the Vikings.
Woodcreek 41-35.

D4- Escalon vs. West Park- The Panthers have to visit Southern San Joaquin County and the Fog of Escalon. The Cougars are State Champs and will be home to showcase this powerful squad. West Park can score, yet the struggled against Wood of Vacaville 47-35. If the Panthers want to stay close, they will have to have the best defensive performance of their existence. Escalon look at the schedule they play, only loss to Cal in San Ramon. The Cougars will be dominant and win. Sorry Hillmen, Placer would have been bowed up as well. 44-16

Vista Del Lago vs. Patterson- The Tigers showed they may have a chance in this one versus the Eagles. Blowing by Kimball 40-7. Vista Del Lago only loss was a close matchup vs. Manteca. They won a close match versus Vanden. Patterson better make some stops and turn those into points or Vista Del Lago will tame the Tiger.
vista Del Lago at home in a close game 28-26.

D5- Twelve Bridges vs. Los Banos- The Raging Rhinos who have a very cool name can make claims of the best smalltown Sierra Foothill team. Los Banos has an uphill battle if you will, they will face a Rhino team who has played a tougher league (Pioneer Valley) schedule. The Tigers will have to find some turnovers that they cultivate into points. The downed Center 30-7, Twelve Bridges defeated Center 35-7.
Twelve Bridges at home 37-30

Casa Roble vs. Hilmar- What a turnaround season for HIlmar, they started 1-2 and looked like a tough season. The beat Hughson at home and have played much better. The Rams have been on a mission to get to the Championship game vs. 12 Bridges. Casa Roble will be tested and should expect a very close game. The Rams only loss was to D1 Del Oro 31-13.
My gut says upset, but Casa Roble is tough. Casa Roble 22-18

Last edited:
M.C

There are some good match up this weekend. I can't wait! I agree with you on Oakdale. They are a well coached disciplined team. That's a recipe for a Grant upset. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The weather may be a factor this weekend so I am taking that into account with my picks.

Grant 42 Oakdale 34
Woodcreek 38 Vanden 34
Escalon 35 West Park 21
Vista Del Lago 42 Patterson 35
Twelve Bridges 28 Los Banos 29
Casa Robles 28 Hilmar 14

Reactions: M.C. fan
I’ve only seen a few of these teams this year but from the ones I have here is my pick.
Grant 49
Oakdale 24
I think it will get away in 2nd half and grant wins comfortably.

Vista del Lago very solid team. I don’t see them having any issues with Patterson. Easy 3 score win.

I’ve only seen a few of these teams this year but from the ones I have here is my pick.
Grant 49
Oakdale 24
I think it will get away in 2nd half and grant wins comfortably.

Vista del Lago very solid team. I don’t see them having any issues with Patterson. Easy 3 score win.
I will go out on a limb and say Oakdale will show why hard work pays off!! Grant biggest win was in September at Los Gatos. They have not played a team that will punch them in the face for over 80 days. The Mustangs are no joke. Monterey Trail film will show Oakdale the path. Grant has speed, but discipline could create havoc. Oakdale will game plan to annoy.
Oakdale has losses to Escalon (34 calprep), Manteca (42 calprep), Central Catholic(46calprep). Monterey Trail took down Merced 35-17. Oakdale took down Merced 56-35.

The stakes are getting higher! The Grant —Oakdale game is intriguing. I don’t believe the two teams have matched up before.

Vanden and Woodcreek should be a good one! It’s hard to gauge who wins this one. Woodcreek has a nice running attack. Vanden can beat you in the air or on the ground. Both are playing for high-stakes!

Escalon looks sharp!

VDL should take care of business…

I haven’t seen 12 Bridges or Los Banos…

Casa has been rolling!

We can take a look at the D3 through D7 playoffs and predictions of who will advance. 1st let's breakdown the D3/D4/D5 games.
A few home teams might find themselves in a shootout against a powerful visitor who has tasted the Crown!
Tough football and being prepared for big games have brought these matchups to light on Friday night.
We have some newcomers and some veteran teams, here is a look at the games.

D3- Grant vs. Oakdale - The Mustangs have the resume to play anyone at their level, question pending is how long SJS keeps Grant in D3. Oakdale will be a tough out for the Pacers. I feel an upset due to the beat down of Linden 82-7. I know Oakdale will be looking to show some respect. I have Oakdale 44-39. This is a matchup similar to Los Gatos and Grant 22-21. Grant will be tested for discipline on both sides of the ball, can they limit penalties?

Woodcreek vs. Vanden- The Vikings have played a tough schedule, coming close to defeating Campo/Vista Del Lago. The Timberwolves only loss was to Inderkum by 5 at home. This is a very close matchup. Vanden averages just under 35 points per game, while Woodcreek at 41. Woodcreek at home and the drive might tire the Vikings.
Woodcreek 41-35.

D4- Escalon vs. West Park- The Panthers have to visit Southern San Joaquin County and the Fog of Escalon. The Cougars are State Champs and will be home to showcase this powerful squad. West Park can score, yet the struggled against Wood of Vacaville 47-35. If the Panthers want to stay close, they will have to have the best defensive performance of their existence. Escalon look at the schedule they play, only loss to Cal in San Ramon. The Cougars will be dominant and win. Sorry Hillmen, Placer would have been bowed up as well. 44-16

Vista Del Lago vs. Patterson- The Tigers showed they may have a chance in this one versus the Eagles. Blowing by Kimball 40-7. Vista Del Lago only loss was a close matchup vs. Manteca. They won a close match versus Vanden. Patterson better make some stops and turn those into points or Vista Del Lago will tame the Tiger.
vista Del Lago at home in a close game 28-26.

D5- Twelve Bridges vs. Los Banos- The Raging Rhinos who have a very cool name can make claims of the best smalltown Sierra Foothill team. Los Banos has an uphill battle if you will, they will face a Rhino team who has played a tougher league (Pioneer Valley) schedule. The Tigers will have to find some turnovers that they cultivate into points. The downed Center 30-7, Twelve Bridges defeated Center 35-7.
Twelve Bridges at home 37-30

Casa Roble vs. Hilmar- What a turnaround season for HIlmar, they started 1-2 and looked like a tough season. The beat Hughson at home and have played much better. The Rams have been on a mission to get to the Championship game vs. 12 Bridges. Casa Roble will be tested and should expect a very close game. The Rams only loss was to D1 Del Oro 31-13.
My gut says upset, but Casa Roble is tough. Casa Roble 22-18
D3 Winners: Grant and Woodcreek

D4: Escalon and VDL (this would be a fun matchup)

D5: Twelve Bridges and Hilmar

There are some good passing attacks in this area of the bracket too

I will go out on a limb and say Oakdale will show why hard work pays off!! Grant biggest win was in September at Los Gatos. They have not played a team that will punch them in the face for over 80 days. The Mustangs are no joke. Monterey Trail film will show Oakdale the path. Grant has speed, but discipline could create havoc. Oakdale will game plan to annoy.
Oakdale has losses to Escalon (34 calprep), Manteca (42 calprep), Central Catholic(46calprep). Monterey Trail took down Merced 35-17. Oakdale took down Merced 56-35.

The teams have never played. They can settle matters on the field tomorrow night!

I’ll go with these participants in the respective divisional SJS section championship games:

D3: Oakdale vs Woodcreek

D4: Escalon vs VDL

D5: Twelve Bridges vs Casa Robles

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT