ADVERTISEMENT

NCS OPEN

All I know is that if the CIF is going to take 3 or 4 teams out of the NCS then the team that wins the (best section) NCS OPEN championship should get the #2 seed in the Norcal Open. Sorry SMS but your section sucks and you dont deserve the 2 as a weak D1 section winner. The NCS Open winner has to beat big time programs to win the NCS OPEN and should be rewarded for it. So dont like it ST Marys and SJS? Then step up and do an OPEN section in the future.
#1 Mitty
#2 Ncs Winner
#3 Saint Marys
#4 Ncs runner up
#5 CCS runner up
#6 NCS #3

#1 Mitty
#2 Ncs Winner
#3 Saint Marys
#4 Ncs runner up
#5 CCS runner up
#6 NCS #3

What if the NCS runnerup is Odowd? With their h2h over SMS could Odowd get the 3 and SMS drop to 4?

Dont forget that last season in Norcal D1 the CIF committee went right down the seedings list on who beat who.

Team A beat team B
Team B beat team C
Team C beat Team D
Team D beat team E
Etc...

Last edited:
What if the NCS runnerup is Odowd? With their h2h over SMS could Odowd get the 3 and SMS drop to 4?

Dont forget that last season in Norcal D1 the CIF committee went right down the seedings list on who beat who.

Team A beat team B
Team B beat team C
Team C beat Team D
Team D beat team E
Etc...
Yes. CN, Salesian takes the 2 BOD takes the 3 and SMS takes the 4.

I heard indirectly there's still a chance Clovis North and Clovis West could come north, and that six or seven Southern Section teams could join La Jolla Country Day in the south.

If you wanted the best 16 teams to be in the Open tournaments, that's probably the way to go. But as always, it's unclear what the priorities for the CIF committee really are.

Why the championship on Friday and not Saturday?
Wierd scheduling..have SJND sit out for a week and a half and then play twice in 3 days.

I think they wanted to have the Open final and D1 final on different nights in order to maximize attendance. But it would have made more sense to have D1 on Friday and the Open on Saturday since the Open semis were last night and D1 semis were Tuesday.

Reactions: kevchoice
I think they wanted to have the Open final and D1 final on different nights in order to maximize attendance. But it would have made more sense to have D1 on Friday and the Open on Saturday since the Open semis were last night and D1 semis were Tuesday.
st marys has a home game on saturday. since on the boys side dublin is in the championship game it couldnt play at home on saturday where the D1 game is

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Predictions for tonight? Anyone want to comment on the keys for CN to win? Or the keys for SJND? Obviously SJND must key on not letting Choice dominate offensively. Should be very good game.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I appreciate you asking! I'm gonna go with cardinal newman in an instant classic in this one. The hyper focus on choice is going to allow some of the other CN girls to step up and get loose from beyond the arc.

Reactions: basketba11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT