ADVERTISEMENT

NEW MESSAGE BOARD

I would say give it some time. I think the changes will turn out to be good.

When I open my link to the message board index, under forums, it is not updating the new posts listed under each forum. In other words, the listed newest posts are dated from just before the board change took place.

I kind of take that back. They are updated within the new forum, just my old link, which still works, does not update.

Still playing around with it, but I think this format is easier to navigate. Also better way to track posts and if people respond, especially if you post on the different boards.

As far as showing the latest thread, it is showing the latest thread for me when I pull up the forum main page.

Streak, trust me on this one. When one goes to find or Google Norcalpreps.com - it takes one to the OLD former front page and then over to here.
I'm just saying that www.baseball-excellence.com had a great site for 35 yrs and now it is a ghost town.
The graphics are TOO busy. Not mad, just saying if you have a chance to KEEP the older site - do so.

Streak, trust me on this one. When one goes to find or Google Norcalpreps.com - it takes one to the OLD former front page and then over to here.
I'm just saying that www.baseball-excellence.com had a great site for 35 yrs and now it is a ghost town.
The graphics are TOO busy. Not mad, just saying if you have a chance to KEEP the older site - do so.
I'm getting used to it and like it personally. And trust me on this one, I don't like change!

Where Are They Now - I posted a similar question on the football forum as to like/dislike. For me personally the all white background is a bit distracting and the main page is harder to quickly scan as well because of the same reason. I notice there is also no line above the post reply to post which comment or part of the thread you're replying to. I just hit the "options" button on this reply, but I'm not sure what options are offered on the redirected page [try it & you'll see what I mean]. I did like the old main pages where each thread was differentiated in a different color so easier to look up & find.

Rmbr26 - I totally agree. Baseball-excellence.com had issues with spam and went to a similar web page and their site is ready to close.

Hmm, I just realized that the thread I've done the last 3 seasons on WCAL Football cannot not done in the same format with this new message board. The reason being there is no thread story line bar above the post reply which is where you can identify what portion of the thread you are responding to [as well as change the topic update to match the thread title which I change from week to week] ?

Hmm, I just realized that the thread I've done the last 3 seasons on WCAL Football cannot not done in the same format with this new message board. The reason being there is no thread story line bar above the post reply which is where you can identify what portion of the thread you are responding to [as well as change the topic update to match the thread title which I change from week to week] ?

Yep, these new formats are not all they're cracked out to be.

Have been trying to "warm up" to this bright white site with the blue robot off to the side, but so far its not working for me. As an avid poster for 11-years this format is just not doin' it for me - very disappointed so far..

Have been trying to "warm up" to this bright white site with the blue robot off to the side, but so far its not working for me. As an avid poster for 11-years this format is just not doin' it for me - very disappointed so far..
Hey, I'm old and stuck in my ways so I hate change. That said, I will get used to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT