ADVERTISEMENT

NIKE TOC Games Streamed

I agree. The bottom part of the bracket might have more competition across all of the teams. I was not too impressed with New Trier. SMS had there way with Southwest DeKalb last year. MD should be good. But, they are not the same without KLS. SMS is going to need to improve on their shooting or they could be at risk of losing this tournament and their ranking.

I can't even watch LBP play...Yani is way out of shape...sad to see her...20 lbs over her playing weight....sorry I do training for a living ....I am out time....time to do some chores

End of 1st quarter: Good Counsel 14 Mater Dei 4

Mater Dei is not as good as last year, not even close. Good Counsel has some athletes. They like to run. But, game is still early. Picking Good Counsel in this one.

Halftime: Good Counsel 29 Mater Dei 18

Mater Dei is battling with a couple trees (Allyson Rosenblum and Emma Torbert) against a tree of its own for Good Counsel in Breonna Mayfield. Gone is the outside sharpshooter for Mater Dei. Just not as much a threat on offense when they had Katie Lou Samuelson (and before KLS, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis).

Good Counsel fires back with a 3 of their own. Mater Dei answers again with a 3. Good Counsel another 3. It's raining 3's.

End of 3rd quarter: Good Counsel 38 Mater Dei 33.

Don't count Mater Dei out yet in this game. But, still leaning with Good Counsel. Still much basketball left.

mitty looked good. Great coaching down the stretch to win a big one for Mitty. Sue proving yoga master Dave wrong yet again.

Keep rooting for the underdogs like RDB and nade.....

Hmmm, it's a long thread so maybe I missed it. I saw jazzpt say Archbishop Mitty doesn't deserve to play in the Joe Smith bracket. I saw him say that they were on the "prima donna" side of the bracket. But I didn't see him acknowledge the win or offer congratulations. Too busy eating crow?

At another venue yesterday Miramonte hammered Sacred Heart Cathedral. SHC will take that lesson in stride and become better because of it. But did jazzpt acknowledge the win or offer congratulations to the team that he routinely denigrates? I didn't see that post, maybe he's too busy eating crow?

Mitty is on the prima donna side of the bracket...with MD and SMS.....
notice MD lost ...the Socal guys are eating it up....
Mitty will get served up in the Semis if they play SMS....too many athletes...
Mitty kids always look a little soft....not tight...Sue folds in big games....
deer in the headlights look

On the real downside I saw Yani for the first time....she looks out of shape...
too bad she could have been great...now they get RDB....athletes 10 deep!!!!

MM I don't denigrate just their coach last year...it is not the kids fault if the coach ....
the coach avoids comp

Halftime: Eastside 28 Chaminade 17 (unless I have it backwards)

This livestream did not start until later and I was only able to track the last 8 points each for both teams. I am guessing its Eastside winning since they are sitting on the home side.

Based on my observation, I am not too impressed with Chaminade or Eastside. I, too, think Mitty played well earlier, better than Chaminade and Eastside are playing now.

If SMS does not get thru the top part of the bracket it will be a shocker. But, if they shoot the ball badly the way they did earlier in the 1st quarter of their game, it will definitely make their next game interesting.

I can't speak for the teams in the bottom part of the bracket other than the two teams (Chaminade/Eastside) that are playing now. I only subscribed for the day pass live streaming for the H1 gym.

The second half is about to start. I will try to keep track of scoring and compare to the halftime score to confirm who is winning and who is losing in this game.

It has to be Eastside winning. Chaminade is struggling against Eastside's press and D. Chaminade looks sluggish.

Confirmed. Eastside is indeed beating Chaminade and its not even close. Eastside outscored Chaminade in 2nd half 29-9.

Halftime: Eastside 57 Chaminade 26

IMHO, Mitty can beat this Chaminade team. Not impressed at all with Chaminade or Mater Dei.

Going to get some dinner. I will share scoring updates later ... when this friggin liverstream resurrects from the dead. LOL

Mitty is on the prima donna side of the bracket...with MD and SMS.....
notice MD lost ...the Socal guys are eating it up....
Mitty will get served up in the Semis if they play SMS....too many athletes...
Mitty kids always look a little soft....not tight...Sue folds in big games....
deer in the headlights look

On the real downside I saw Yani for the first time....she looks out of shape...
too bad she could have been great...now they get RDB....athletes 10 deep!!!!

MM I don't denigrate just their coach last year...it is not the kids fault if the coach ....
the coach avoids comp
Ha ha - this is too funny, Sue folds in big games?? 27 League Titles• 24 Central Coast Section Titles• 11 Nor Cal Championships • 6 CIF State Titles, Dave, you may not be aware as you don't really understand basketball very well, but in California, the State championship is the "biggest" game of the season. She's won six of them, and not always with the best team. Remember, as you always point out, Mitty doesn't have athletes..this goes back to you making that claim when Danielle Robinson played there.

BTW - just out of curiosity, since you're a "trainer" (and I do purposely use quotation marks) exactly what's your record ..who have you trained that went on to do anything. As always, the view is great from those cheap seats of yours.

"Nade" won easy, at least according to the score.
The score of 65-33 should be correct, but I think they got the teams mixed up, or I had them mixed up all along while I was watching. I had Chaminade wearing the navy blue jerseys and Eastside wearing the white jerseys. The players #'s for the navy blue jerseys matched the roster #'s from Maxpreps with Valerie Higgins being #22. I did not see #22 jersey being worn by any players in the white jerseys. The white jerseys were definitely winning when I was watching. Then again, Chaminade is supposed to be the higher ranked team, and I must have had the two teams mixed up. If I recall from last year, Chaminade is a team that likes to press. So, indeed I must have had them mixed up. Oh well.

Final: SMS 83 Southwest DeKalb 42

Today's livestreaming camerawork is terrible. Too much zoom! Unable to see all players on the floor, especially in an up tempo game that St. Mary's brings to the court. All video coverage on SMS end is so zoomed in that you don't even know if the ball went in the basket. Just terrible. Tempted to ask for my money back.

Back... I had to go train some beauty queen...
tough job....
anyway
scores....

You guy bought the stream from these lolos(Hawaiian slang for dummies)...you couldn't
see from the website they were amateurs?????

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT