ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Title Game Picks

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Open - Modesto Christian over St. Joseph: Should be a really good game, but I'll go with MC's size being able to control St. Joseph enough inside and their guards will make plays down the stretch.

D1 - Salesian over Granada: Salesian has had a lot of recent disappointments in NorCals in recent years, but they are rolling right now.

D2 - Vanden over SJM: Toughest one on the board for me. Vanden seems to be getting healthy and have home court.

D3 - Oakland over Oakland Tech: Was impressed with Oakland against King's Academy and if it's hard to beat a good team three times, how hard is it to do four times?

D4 - Chico over Half Moon Bay: I have been way off on the D4 picks this year LOL. I'll go with Chico, which has beaten two CCS teams that were seeded higher than Half Moon Bay.

D5 - Sierra over Ripon Christian: In the smaller brackets, I like to go with a standout player and Sierra has one in Logan Kilbert.

Reactions: M.C. fan
MC over St Joe’s in a close game. I will say 70-68 with BJ Davis being the main difference. Both teams have elite size but I like guard play better for MC.

Salesian all the way. They have tuned it up a notch. Probably should be an open team.

I’ve like SJM from early on and I think beating WR will be a tougher game for them then Vanden.

I like Chico and Sierra as well.

Good luck.

Open - Modesto Christian over St. Joseph: Should be a really good game, but I'll go with MC's size being able to control St. Joseph enough inside and their guards will make plays down the stretch.

D1 - Salesian over Granada: Salesian has had a lot of recent disappointments in NorCals in recent years, but they are rolling right now.

D2 - Vanden over SJM: Toughest one on the board for me. Vanden seems to be getting healthy and have home court.

D3 - Oakland over Oakland Tech: Was impressed with Oakland against King's Academy and if it's hard to beat a good team three times, how hard is it to do four times?

D4 - Chico over Half Moon Bay: I have been way off on the D4 picks this year LOL. I'll go with Chico, which has beaten two CCS teams that were seeded higher than Half Moon Bay.

D5 - Sierra over Ripon Christian: In the smaller brackets, I like to go with a standout player and Sierra has one in Logan Kilbert.
Good picks. I think the Vanden SJM game is a pure tossup.

I kind of like Granada's chances against Salesian. Every time I've seen McKeevers I've walked away more impressed. Coach Mellis has his work cut out for him tomorrow night. I assume Salesian is going to body Mckeevers and try to keep him out of the paint which Riordan was unable to on Saturday night. I think Salesian will make someone than #45, #5 or #2 beat them. Granada role players hit a lot of key shots against the Crusaders but might come up short on the road in the biggest game of their lives. I might have talked myself out of the Granada pick after all......

McKeever. There is only one of him. :)

Anyway... My stab at the picks...

Open: MC in a huge battle, probably high-scoring affair, like mid-to-high 70's.
D1: Salesian... I wonder if Mellis will have CCC's gym sweltering-hot again... :)
D2: Vanden, but not by much..
D3: total guess here, Oakland.
D4: Half Moon Bay (Home of Cameron's Inn, the Disneyland of pubs!)
D5: No clue, I'll guess Sierra.

Reactions: ayalar09
LL, I've been waiting and checking GoFan all day... but yes, the game is at Modesto JC, according to MaxPreps.

Reactions: larry legend33

D3 Oakland v Oakland Tech, 3 games this season only 7 points difference in all games. 1 overtime victory by OT @ Tech,, one a bucket at the buzzer by OT... should be a great game... Get your popcorn ready..

I really feel like all these games could go either way but give me…
St Joseph’s over MC in a super close one
Granada over Salesian
SJM over Vanden
Everything else would be a guess as I’ve yet to see any of the others play

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
'D1: Salesian... I wonder if Mellis will have CCC's gym sweltering-hot again...'

From what i heard of the NCS 3rd place game, the scorer's table didn't know how to set the shot clock from the college setting (30 seconds) to high school (35). the solution was to hit a reset when they saw the shot clock hit 25. hopefully they can figure that out tonight -> a few tenths of a second on a shot clock could be a big deal (like it was in that game).

Not much love on this board for SJM.
Last 10 they are 9-1 with 2 pt loss to open finalist St Joe’s.
They just beat 2 very good teams in WR and Cal. I’m not sold on vanden. Whitney was down this year and lost at buzzer. We shall see.

Not much love on this board for SJM.
Last 10 they are 9-1 with 2 pt loss to open finalist St Joe’s.
They just beat 2 very good teams in WR and Cal. I’m not sold on vanden. Whitney was down this year and lost at buzzer. We shall see.
Vanden is really good too Larry!

Granada over salesian for sure. A public school like Granada are gonnna come into this game with something to prove over all these private schools running off of Alumni donations of people who’ve never even seen the court

Granada over salesian for sure. A public school like Granada are gonnna come into this game with something to prove over all these private schools running off of Alumni donations of people who’ve never even seen the court
Man please tell us you are joking. Alumni donations whomever seen the court?

Reactions: concrete17
MC baby!!
I saw them play earlier this year when MC beat them by 1. I came away from that thinking SJ was the better team, but MC did what they had to do to get the victory. Had I not seen that game, I would have picked MC. Great season by both teams. SJ will have their hands full on Saturday.

lmaoooooo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT