ADVERTISEMENT

Open final…. Saint Joseph of Santa Maria faces Harvard-Westlake

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
That girls game is a hard act to follow, but these two teams can sure do it…

HW knocked off defending champ Centennial to get here, and SJ took down defending NorCal champ Modesto Christian.

Tounde Yessoufou is a total stud for SJ, a 6-6 SOPHOMORE who may be the best soph in the USA.

No stats on MaxPreps for HA, but if that roster is correct, they are just plain gigantic…. a whole bunch of guys listed at 6’8”.

I saw a bit of HA’s Cen10 upset, it seemed like they couldn’t miss a shot.

nearly had a highlight dunk by Tounde, but the pass was too high, even for HIM.

Marin J pulls SJ within 1…

but Perry scores at the buzzer for HW.

17-14 after 1.

HW is doing a terrific job on Tounde so far. Sagging and help D wherever needed.

27-22 HW, 3:56 left 1st.

35-31 now, HW still leading.

Last shot by HW, no good…

That’s the half.

Marin leads SJ with 15.

Khamenia, Perry with 8 each for HW, Dunlap with 7.

HWL is so balanced and defensively sound.
It will be tough go for st Joe’s but so far they’ve stayed in this game and difference is really foul shots.
HWL 8/12 from line and St Joe’s is 0-1.

Uhohhhhh . This one’s getting away. HW has too many weapons, too many options.

Tounde with a great slicing move, score…. SJ needs a TON more of that. 52-41.

A few airballs like that from HW would be nice, too…. Price fouled on a 3, makes 3…. 52-44. 1:53 left 3rd.

I’ve never seen more kids foul 3 pt shooters then in this game. St Joe’s was sloppy on defense and they are paying for it.

Granada - Salesian game was a really well officiated game tonight I thought. Both teams played hard and clean - no cheap fouls or trash talking. Class acts from both coaching staffs and players. Good luck to Granada at state - they have a punchers chance on Friday with their big men (McKeevers and Harris).

There wasn’t a team in norcal beating that Harvard sqaud this year. Totally impressive

Prolific Prep beat HW in the Championship of Border League…so actually a Norcal team did beat them.

Prolific Prep beat HW in the Championship of Border League…so actually a Norcal team did beat them.
I’m not talking about PP. I’m talking about a CIF team.

Probably one of the least talked about finals I can recall.
Little to no interest on this board. HWL made some great adjustments at halftime and took control of the game in the 3rd. Shutting down Marin with a taller defender was a great move by them. The big Soph for st Joe’s never got going and picked up some lazy fouls along way. Talented beyond belief but doesn’t seem much a team guy to me. Very much aau ball. Somehow Harvard able to put all the stars aside and play like a Unit. You rarely see that.
Harvard reruns 3 great starters and 3 key reserves next year. Gotta think they are going to be right back in the mix unless Bryce James and team LBJ can knock them off. 😜

Reactions: observer22
I’m not talking about PP. I’m talking about a CIF team.

Probably one of the least talked about finals I can recall.
Little to no interest on this board. HWL made some great adjustments at halftime and took control of the game in the 3rd. Shutting down Marin with a taller defender was a great move by them. The big Soph for st Joe’s never got going and picked up some lazy fouls along way. Talented beyond belief but doesn’t seem much a team guy to me. Very much aau ball. Somehow Harvard able to put all the stars aside and play like a Unit. You rarely see that.
Harvard reruns 3 great starters and 3 key reserves next year. Gotta think they are going to be right back in the mix unless Bryce James and team LBJ can knock them off. 😜
Maybe we all thought, you would tell us everything we needed to know.

Here's wishing you great hoops

It’s hard enough to consider St. Joseph a NorCal HS team, much less PP. Tounde not only never got going and was in foul trouble, but really wasn’t a factor at all. The much touted highly sought after 6’6” recruit ended up with just 1 rebound? The other SJ guy that played well against Dougherty was the frosh Price, who never got going last night either. Marin was the guy but once they figured him out, no one else stepped up. Cade Hamilton had a decent game, but he was in foul trouble which limited his playing time and aggressiveness.

Reactions: larry legend33
It’s hard enough to consider St. Joseph a NorCal HS team, much less PP. Tounde not only never got going and was in foul trouble, but really wasn’t a factor at all. The much touted highly sought after 6’6” recruit ended up with just 1 rebound? The other SJ guy that played well against Dougherty was the frosh Price, who never got going last night either. Marin was the guy but once they figured him out, no one else stepped up. Cade Hamilton had a decent game, but he was in foul trouble which limited his playing time and aggressiveness.
Good write up observer.
They really ran into a great champion. Loose balls and all of there kids are on the floor. Stars who are about the big picture. @kiddman32 was right. It was like an alloco team back in the day with even better talent. Hamilton was effective down low when he wasn’t in foul trouble. Agreed.
St Joe’s has some pieces back as well including the soph and other 6”9 kid from Africa. Who knows how they “recruit” in off season but I’m betting they aren’t relying on JV kids next year.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT