ADVERTISEMENT

Open Predictions

To beat CN you have to have strong, quick lead guards and that is a liability for Carondelet. CN has ability to eat up the clet guards defensively and on offense I am not sure they can stay with the CN shooters.

Reactions: basketba11
Mitty over Sacred Heart
Mitty is probably more upset than SHC over this seeding and will be out to prove once and for all who the WCAL best is and will always be. Mitty by 17

"Will always be"? I don't think so.

Also, who is "SCH"?

Last edited:
Tonight prediction

Mitty by 20 over SCH

SMS by 20 over Salesian. Salesman will have to play in the HOT gum with heater turn up.

BOD by 7 over Pinewood. Pinewood have to deal with playing in the packed dungeon
Carondelet by 25 CN. CN will have to deal with the physical play of Carondelet. Their PG IS very good and see the whole floor. She will penetrate the defence and go to the rack with Authority or dump pass.

Tonight prediction

Mitty by 20 over SCH

SMS by 20 over Salesian. Salesman will have to play in the HOT gum with heater turn up.

BOD by 7 over Pinewood. Pinewood have to deal with playing in the packed dungeon
Carondelet by 25 CN. CN will have to deal with the physical play of Carondelet. Their PG IS very good and see the whole floor. She will penetrate the defence and go to the rack with Authority or dump pass.
2 for 4 and way off on CN. Pinewood also played at home so not only did you get the winner wrong but you got the location wrong. Puff Puff Past

Reactions: OnBall8 and GS_1738
Respect - My understanding is that it was a great game. I heard CN got the matchup they wanted at the end. Players make plays. I think it's time you give them a little of your respect.

Last edited:
Respect - My understanding is that it was a great game. I heard CN got the matchup they wanted at the end. Players make plays. I think it's time you give them a little of your respect.
Why would he start admitting he was wrong now? Besides, they are three weeks into their spring sport already.

Not sure CN got the matchup they wanted. I think CN was prepared for any matchup they got. They came in confident and focused jumping out to a 10 to 1 lead. And their crowd thought they were at home. Obviously in a 1 point win where Carondelet is up 1 with 20 seconds and Haley Vice-Neat drives the length of the floor uncontested and sinks a 5 foot floater all net anyone could have won. But CN was the better team. And very well prepared. They used a good mixture of man and zone which was not easy to deal with, especially without good ball movement and a good half court offense. We've talked about that being an area of major concern.

Carondelet's best chance was its full court pressure defense. Because that was handled with ease the need for a good half court offense was critical because the transition game never happened like it often does when Carondelet plays inferior teams.That is why I always say improving is as good or better than winning. Because if your not improving sooner or later you won't be winning. Cardinal Newman has definitely been improving.

Congratulations to Cardinal Newman ! Best luck moving forward.

Paytc - actually I was talking about the last play of the game as the match up they wanted. Vice-Neat did not take coast to coast she passed to Cargill who had advantage over #11 and took to basket for game winner on a front cut. It seemed to be best match up on the court.

For all of you CN followers, wait until you take a gander at the Pinewood gym. To say it's a bit small would be the understatement of the semester. If you suffer from even mild claustrophobia, make other plans.

Streak One

That mean you are bias to news right. It's not a rumor until you can prove it wrong and give prove. You are violating FREEDOM OF SPEECH and FREEDOM OF THE PRESS because this being a paid site as a form is being a report and their point of view!!!

200w.gif

Has our educational system really failed us this badly???

Reactions: OnBall8
Paytc - actually I was talking about the last play of the game as the match up they wanted. Vice-Neat did not take coast to coast she passed to Cargill who had advantage over #11 and took to basket for game winner on a front cut. It seemed to be best match up on the court.

I just remembered Haley taking it the full length of the floor. But you are right. I replayed the last play, Haley drove the full length and passed to Cargill cutting to the basket. That was good coaching and/or good recognition by Haley to find a size advantage near the basket and take advantage. They also posted up in the same matchup and scored a bit earlier. Again good coaching. I personally love good coaching so thanks for pointing it out. I do recall a play late in the game where Haley drove the length of the court and scored a floater all net. But it must have been a play or two before the last play.

I thought with the lead and only 20 seconds a zone defense would have been a better option than man to man. But Cardinal Newman may have hit a long 3 over the zone, who knows. It was just a good game by two good teams that could have went either way. It went CN's way good for them. And I thought Cargill played very well. I liked her game before we played them so I wasn't that surprised. Hopefully Carondelet works to improve the areas they need to improve to get better.

And once again congratulations to CN. And best of luck in the following rounds.

Last edited:
I just remembered Haley taking it the full length of the floor. But you are right. I replayed the last play, Haley drove the full length and passed to Cargill cutting to the basket. That was good coaching and/or good recognition by Haley to find a size advantage near the basket and take advantage. They also posted up in the same matchup and scored a bit earlier. Again good coaching. I personally love good coaching so thanks for pointing it out. I do recall a play late in the game where Haley drove the length of the court and scored a floater all net. But it must have been a play or two before the last play.

I thought with the lead and only 20 seconds a zone defense would have been a better option than man to man. But Cardinal Newman may have hit a long 3 over the zone, who knows. It was just a good game by two good teams that could have went either way. It went CN's way good for them. And I thought Cargill played very well. I liked her game before we played them so I wasn't that surprised. Hopefully Carondelet works to improve the areas they need to improve to get better.

And once again congratulations to CN. And best of luck in the following rounds.
Late in games Carondelet has been deploying some zone defenses, at least they did in Stockton. Hindsight it would have been a better option but it is Monday morning and I am now the quarterback.

Late in games Carondelet has been deploying some zone defenses, at least they did in Stockton. Hindsight it would have been a better option but it is Monday morning and I am now the quarterback.

True. But it really is not that big a deal. Just a basketball game to me. Bottom line is 15 out of the 16 teams in the Open will run into the same result Carondelet did. Carondelet just found out earlier they weren't destined to win it all. But any player on any top team in the state and any team playing well enough to make the Open can feel proud of themselves, the opportunity, and the accomplishments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT