ADVERTISEMENT

Open Predictions

its not a matter of freedom of speech.. its rules, which are clearly stated. You break them you pay the consequences. Create your own forum and say whatever you want on it. I may log in just for the entertainment factor and suspense of what crazy s**t you'll say next

Jaymel911

They 7 and 8 seed always thrown to dogs as an appetizer before the 2nd round game. That's just the way it is!!! Their no team like Pinewood last year that will upset in the first round of the open. At least CN will be able to play in D4 next year. Your section commissioner is not like the one in the SJS and put you in D1 for his personal Vendetta.
Good luck but your going to need more the that. Carondelet is a very Physical team and pass very well.

CN will be is D3 next year.

And you're right...CN has no chance. They havent beat anybody this year. They are 1st round fodder for CLET. Sacrificial lambs being led to the slaughter. CLET only needs to roll the balls out and play and easy win. In fact if i was CLET I'd be working on tuesdays gameplan already. Basically a 1st round bye
....just ask HAROLD ABEND on CAL HI SPORTS TOP 20 yesterday whos quote was "no one expects Newman to beat Carondelet"....
Im not sure why CN is even playing the game.

Congrats on CLET for winning their 1st round game.

Jaymel911

Because Brooksude was Black balled by the commissioner / head of basketball committee SJS. In the top 20 maxprep SJS whole Sections Brookside was ranked number 5 but everyone underneath them went except one other team. You tell me that not Black balled by the GOOD OLD BOYS OF THE SJS SECTION.

I got to say see you in court SJS commissioner and Frankin head coach of girls basketball $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Allowing bulleYing to go on!!!!!

This probably won't be up long again. STREAK ONE TOOK DOWN LAST POST NOT A RUMORS. ITS documented document it at the appeal board meeting FEB 1,2017 SJS section look it up before you say it's not a fact. Read the appeal. Franklin coach did even show up because he knew the bulleYing kids was going to show up.

RESPECT....
who is this new player you keep mentioning?

Is Bulle Ying the new asian PG transfer that BC has coming in next year?

Onball8

He can say there are but that goes against Freedom of the Press. It states that you do have to give up you source of information. They have to prove you wrong to State that it's a rumor. When the made NORCAL PREP A PAYING FORUM THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING HOW IT IS RAN. TAKE TO A LAWYER AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THE SAME. I'M SURE CLAY CAN TELL YOU THAT TOO. JUST KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.

Reactions: kbrizzzle
Northbay

Talk about a player that transfer this year to Brookside from Frankin. 2006 this coach from Frankin coached football for Lincoln in Stockton where their leading run back and best player that year transfer Brookside. It was happening again to him at Frankin. STREAK ONE this is a fact and if it's not prove me wrong.

Taken down by tonite...if no proof...Dude.... do we have a job for you at Twitter

Jaymel911

Because Brooksude was Black balled by the commissioner / head of basketball committee SJS. In the top 20 maxprep SJS whole Sections Brookside was ranked number 5 but everyone underneath them went except one other team. You tell me that not Black balled by the GOOD OLD BOYS OF THE SJS SECTION.

I got to say see you in court SJS commissioner and Frankin head coach of girls basketball $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Allowing bulleYing to go on!!!!!

This probably won't be up long again. STREAK ONE TOOK DOWN LAST POST NOT A RUMORS. ITS documented document it at the appeal board meeting FEB 1,2017 SJS section look it up before you say it's not a fact. Read the appeal. Franklin coach did even show up because he knew the bulleYing kids was going to show up.

I'm not sure where to begin here, but I will try to spell this out as clearly as possible.

In this post I quoted above, YOU said "ITS documented document it at the appeal board meeting FEB 1,2017 SJS section look it up before you say it's not a fact."

Now, the grammar and spelling make it difficult to come up with the exact meaning, but I'll give it a try. You are saying there is a document. If that is the case, I'm not asking you to give up your source. I'm asking you to show this public proof you claim there is. I'm not going to waste my time chasing someone else's theory.

Onto Freedom of the Speech. You are free to post whatever you want online. You can post 1,000 words about this on your own Facebook page and I can't do anything about it. By posting on this site, you agree to rules and if those rules are broken, your posts are taken down and repeated issues could lead to a board ban. Since I believe the theory that the SJS is black balling Brookside Christian to be false, that is in violation of the board rules and why the first post was taken down.

The fact it is a subscription site has no bearing whatsoever on this. And just so you know, this forum is free to post on. As long as you follow the rules

Reactions: OnBall8
So which OPEN games outcomes are inevitable?
Just curious

All of them. The team that wins it was in the cards for them to win. So it doesn't matter what wish list anyone who is predicting with their heart has. Just kick the ball off and enjoy the outcome. Or at least accept it, even if it doesn't turn out the way it was predicted by some.

Reactions: kkross22
I'm not sure where to begin here, but I will try to spell this out as clearly as possible.

In this post I quoted above, YOU said "ITS documented document it at the appeal board meeting FEB 1,2017 SJS section look it up before you say it's not a fact."

Now, the grammar and spelling make it difficult to come up with the exact meaning, but I'll give it a try. You are saying there is a document. If that is the case, I'm not asking you to give up your source. I'm asking you to show this public proof you claim there is. I'm not going to waste my time chasing someone else's theory.

Onto Freedom of the Speech. You are free to post whatever you want online. You can post 1,000 words about this on your own Facebook page and I can't do anything about it. By posting on this site, you agree to rules and if those rules are broken, your posts are taken down and repeated issues could lead to a board ban. Since I believe the theory that the SJS is black balling Brookside Christian to be false, that is in violation of the board rules and why the first post was taken down.

The fact it is a subscription site has no bearing whatsoever on this. And just so you know, this forum is free to post on. As long as you follow the rules
Sounds reasonable

I agree with Respect -- I don't see how the committee chose both Oak Ridge and St. Francis over Brookside.

Brookside lost to Clovis West, James Logan, West Campus, Heritage, St. Mary's Berkeley and McClatchy, all NorCal participants, and had wins over NorCal participants Christian Brothers, Acalanes, West Campus, Berkeley and Newark Memorial. And played the second toughest schedule, finishing 19-6.

Oak Ridge lost 10 games, all to NorCal participants, and had three wins over NorCal entries (St. Ignatius, Christian Brothers and St. Francis). Oak Ridge, per the computer, had the toughest schedule of these three teams.

St. Francis lost 8 games, all to NorCal participants, and beat just two, Christian Brothers, which all three teams beat, and Elk Grove, which it lost to twice. Its strength of schedule was slightly worse than Brookside's.

Lincoln, McClatchy and Folsom all have stronger cases, by a little, than Brookside, but if SJS gets five NorCal participants in D1, then Brookside should have been one of them.

Supposedly the section commissioners were not involved in the committee meeting that did the seedings, so whoever was on the committee made that choice -- and rumor has it the committee was drawn from the CIF basketball committee, which is based in SJS territory.

I don't know about a blackball, but Brookside should have been in NorCals.

Here is my guess and something the CIF should have explained better about adding teams who didn't make the semi finals.

The NorCal field was based on how you performed in the section playoffs and your seed. So they went with the 6 seed St Francis over the 7 seed Brookside since both teams lost in the quarterfinals. I too agree that Brookside's section seed was too low, but I think that was the deciding factor. Why it was that low is a question I can't answer

Reactions: basketba11
Jaymel911
what OPEN game will you be at Friday? if you are at the CN game...come introduce yourself.

PayTC.... come say hi also

id like to put the faces to the names!!!

Good luck to everybody !!! (not so much for CLET though):rolleyes: haha

northbaybbguru,

I'm typically occupied during games whether with family or even alone. How will I know who you are should the opportunity to meet present itself? Will you be working at the scoring table or refereeing the game?

Good point on the section seed, as that was used in other sections as well. So it was SJS, and whoever does its seeding, that kept Brookside out. Is it a secret committee in SJS as it is NCS, or do they use some kind of computer formula?

I agree with Respect -- I don't see how the committee chose both Oak Ridge and St. Francis over Brookside.

Brookside lost to Clovis West, James Logan, West Campus, Heritage, St. Mary's Berkeley and McClatchy, all NorCal participants, and had wins over NorCal participants Christian Brothers, Acalanes, West Campus, Berkeley and Newark Memorial. And played the second toughest schedule, finishing 19-6.

Oak Ridge lost 10 games, all to NorCal participants, and had three wins over NorCal entries (St. Ignatius, Christian Brothers and St. Francis). Oak Ridge, per the computer, had the toughest schedule of these three teams.

St. Francis lost 8 games, all to NorCal participants, and beat just two, Christian Brothers, which all three teams beat, and Elk Grove, which it lost to twice. Its strength of schedule was slightly worse than Brookside's.

Lincoln, McClatchy and Folsom all have stronger cases, by a little, than Brookside, but if SJS gets five NorCal participants in D1, then Brookside should have been one of them.

Supposedly the section commissioners were not involved in the committee meeting that did the seedings, so whoever was on the committee made that choice -- and rumor has it the committee was drawn from the CIF basketball committee, which is based in SJS territory.

I don't know about a blackball, but Brookside should have been in NorCals.

Oak Ridge and Lincoln qualified for NorCal by making it to the section semifinals. In SJS all 4 semifinalist teams automatically advanced to NorCal. Since the field expanded from 12 to 16 this year, I'm not sure how the committee chose who advanced. In SJS D2, all section quarterfinal teams advanced, and D1 sent 6 to NorCals, with Davis and Brookside being left out.

Definitely odd because Brookside is currently ranked higher in MaxPreps than St. Francis with stronger strength of schedule.

I guess the CIF chose St. Francis-Sac over Brookside for NorCal play based on what they believed who was stronger. Brookside lost to James Logan during the season, and last night St. Francis-Sac whipped Logan by 19 points, at Logan--huge upset and proved why they got in the NorCals.

Jaymel911
Brookside would have beaten James Logan the second time around. They only had 5 last time they play. They would have there 6'2 Jr. Playing makes a big difference.

I did not post so no need to reply to me but as this message board constantly repeats the scoreboard does not lie.

As far as the conspiracy theories go, there have been too many for me to keep track, perhaps the James Logan game was the one where the refs were brought in to kick Pico out and make BC lose? Or was that the game after, but they ended winning so the master conspiracy plan failed that night but succeeded in the backroom of the SJS office. SJS even got the CIF office to buy in. All to keep BC out of the D1 CIF playoffs?

Of course, we can't forget the conspiracy put together by Max Preps to alter the "secret formula" so that Oakridge computer rankings could be ahead of BC.

I am sure there are more plots against BC out there. We are still waiting on the video from the Christmas tournament to surface that proved the ref conspiracy and now we are also waiting for the legal documents to emerge from the Law Office in Stockton proving once and for all the section office is in cahoots with Tom Gonsalves, oh wait it is now the Franklin Head coach.

Back to the predictions...

Mitty over SHC by 15+
SMS over Salesian by 10
BOD over Pinewood by 5
Carondelet over CN by 1

I know, I know all chalk almost never works out.. I guess PW would be the one upset that would make most sense to me. Unfortunately, I've never seen CN play so I really cant say how they matchup. As much as I am hoping for AM and SMS in the second round, I also would like to see an AM and Salesian rematch.

It seems to me Mitty and SMS are the two strongest teams, with Pinewood a half-step behind. The other five are, to me, on-any-given-night tossups. I do agree that Pinewood could be vulnerable to BOD, but BOD has to make some outside shots (Salesian has the same issue).

If that analysis holds any water, then the NorCal title game will actually be Tuesday at Mitty -- and if Mitty's boys win, it will be a crowded gym with lots of noise.

(And speaking of crowds, there were two -- count them, two -- students at the Miramonte-Whitney game Wednesday night in Orinda.)

Mitty boys (6 seed) would only play at home if Bellarmine (7 seed) also pulls off an upset. Then yes, that would be one hell of a crowd and you better get there BEFORE the girls game if you want to see the boys.

The only reason I have BOD winning against PW (and I did not see their last matchup) is that I assume they did some things that disrupted PW offensively, unless PW just had that bad of a night on their end. But BOD held them to 4-23 from 3 and created 15 TOs (according to maxpreps) and held them to their second lowest output of the season at 49. Now, much has changed since december and my picking of BOD could be seen as an "upset pick".

Here are my quick thoughts:

Mitty over SHC: The third meeting will follow the script of the first two
St. Mary's over Salesian: I think the Pride keep it close with SMS pulling away in the fourth
Pinewood over Bishop O'Dowd: I'll go with Pinewood's shooting and O'Dowd's lack of a second scorer being the difference
Cardinal Newman over Carondelet: My upset pick of the night. Probably the best matchup CN could of hoped for.

It seems to me Mitty and SMS are the two strongest teams, with Pinewood a half-step behind. The other five are, to me, on-any-given-night tossups. I do agree that Pinewood could be vulnerable to BOD, but BOD has to make some outside shots (Salesian has the same issue).

If that analysis holds any water, then the NorCal title game will actually be Tuesday at Mitty -- and if Mitty's boys win, it will be a crowded gym with lots of noise.

(And speaking of crowds, there were two -- count them, two -- students at the Miramonte-Whitney game Wednesday night in Orinda.)

Good thing none of us are always right. Enjoy the games !

Not surprised only "two" students in attendance at the MM vs Whitney game. Who wants to watch MM route teams they are 50 points better than? Perhaps the Open challenge might have been packed ? I guess the later rounds will get better, hopefully.

But I will be pulling for MM because I know quite a few folks there. I also like a few folks in and around Vanden. So that possible matchup might be fun. Obviously Sac, Modesto Christian, and Valley Christian etc... are still in play.

Last edited:
I asked one of the girls about fans for Saturday and she said "No one wants to come because they think we'll win by 40."

Well, we won't, barring the truly unexpected, but I guess the only way the kids will believe there will be a close game will be after we lose ... it doesn't make for much of a home court advantage, especially since Elk Grove played three games at Miramonte this year at the WCJ.

The three students at the MM game might make the Carondelet gym look packed given it's size.:(. Patyc post score updates from tonight's game if you can.

Open thoughts regarding open seeds. The #1 seed has zero open wins. The #2 seed has 1 open win. The #3 seed has 2 open wins. Combined the top 3 most coveted seeds in the greatest bracket have a combined 3 open wins. If you throw in the 7 & 8 seeds having zero open wins you have 5 of the 8 teams with a combined 3 open wins.

SMS, Salesian and BOD have 15 between just those three teams and 3 Nor Cal titles. I found this to be alarming.

The three students at the MM game might make the Carondelet gym look packed given it's size.:(. Patyc post score updates from tonight's game if you can.

I know that's right. I heard rumor before we got involved with Carondelet that there was supposed to be either a new gym or at minimum an improvement to the existing one. I guess it was just talk.

I highly doubt I will be updating the score. I have never been great with using a phone keypad. But I'm sure it won't take long before all the scores are updated tonight.

Best of luck to all ! Perhaps after tonight a few more under dogs will gain respect. Enjoy the games.

I asked one of the girls about fans for Saturday and she said "No one wants to come because they think we'll win by 40."

Well, we won't, barring the truly unexpected, but I guess the only way the kids will believe there will be a close game will be after we lose ... it doesn't make for much of a home court advantage, especially since Elk Grove played three games at Miramonte this year at the WCJ.

Clay,

I'm going to have start calling you Lou Holtz. Understand this is the definition of coach speak, but a few posts have made me chuckle.

Reactions: observer22

It won't be close....

Reactions: northbaybbguru
I know that's right. I heard rumor before we got involved with Carondelet that there was supposed to be either a new gym or at minimum an improvement to the existing one. I guess it was just talk.

Is the game at C-Let tonight? I know in the past they have moved the games to either DLS or YV.. or was that just the Mitty playoff games??

Is the game at C-Let tonight? I know in the past they have moved the games to either DLS or YV.. or was that just the Mitty playoff games??

I think it will be in the Carondelet gym. I haven't heard otherwise. My guess is DLS is using their own gym this evening.

My predictions for tonight:

Mitty over SHC by 9. Thinking 3rd time around SHC can make it a good game.
SMS over Salesian by 18. SMS all healthy. Think Salesian would have rather played anyone else but SMS or at least been given 4 seed and home game for a chance.
Pinewood over BOD by 3. This will be a fun rematch from earlier this season.
CN over Carondelet by 5. I believe this is Upset Special also. CN has proved all season they belong in Open, and they want to prove it again tonight.

When BOD beat Pinewood earlier this season, the game was in BOD's gym. That gym may be the worst place for a visiting team to play in Northern Callifornia. Very small, crowded, strange sight lines. The second worst place for a visiting team to play may be Pinewood. Small, crowded, and loud. That's where tonight's game will be played.

Pinewood wins 62 - 49.

Reactions: basketba11
Good Luck to all the teams left, and Congrats to all players parents coaches trainers and fans, a lot of hard work has led you to this point, ENJOY IT!

Get out there and support!

Go Lady PRIDE!

Clay,

I'm going to have start calling you Lou Holtz. Understand this is the definition of coach speak, but a few posts have made me chuckle.

I confess I have a problem. When I watch the other team warm up, if they're anywhere near as good as we are, I immediately start thinking "That girl is really good -- we can't guard her" or "She's going to kill us on the boards" or "Look at that left hand" ....

By game time, I've convinced myself we're going to lose by 15 and I'm starting to compose my postgame "We lost" speech.

I know ... I need professional help.

I confess I have a problem. When I watch the other team warm up, if they're anywhere near as good as we are, I immediately start thinking "That girl is really good -- we can't guard her" or "She's going to kill us on the boards" or "Look at that left hand" ....

By game time, I've convinced myself we're going to lose by 15 and I'm starting to compose my postgame "We lost" speech.

I know ... I need professional help.

So that explains why you often over praise some teams and under estimate others. Glad to be able to get a glance into your wires of perception. I have known you for quite a while, but that helps explain far more than I knew about you. Thanks for the insight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT