ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Langi ‘25, OL, Mater Dei

On a side note, it would be pretty cool to put together a Mater Dei recruiting map. You know, kind of how you buy a world map and put pins on the cities you’ve visited?

Raleek Brown - Stockton, CA.
Shoes Brinkley - Philadelphia, PA.

This student-athlete is originally from San Bruno. He played youth sports for the D.C. Stars Football. Peter's junior high school report card and test.scores was not good enough to land him at Serra or S.I. Serra was his first choice. Both schools denied him. He took a chance at Mater Dei. Here he is now picking up a offer from UW. Congrats young man!!!

This student-athlete is originally from San Bruno. He played youth sports for the D.C. Stars Football. Peter's junior high school report card and test.scores was not good enough to land him at Serra or S.I. Serra was his first choice. Both schools denied him. He took a chance at Mater Dei. Here he is now picking up a offer from UW. Congrats young man!!!

his whole family moved there so he could play there ? Or host family ?

this sounds like something those silicon valley and san francisco schools would do. I guess Serra wants to learn the hard way again if they can make it to the open divison final in the future. Cmon Coach Walsh get your program up!

Reactions: THEOC89
So he can’t test into Serra or SI but Wash thinks he will be eligible to play there someday. That makes no sense. Wash is like going to a UC school. Something doesn’t add up.

How about Capuchino? Close to home, wouldn’t have required a host family and there’s no way he would have gotten denied as its public and within his zip code

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
So he can’t test into Serra or SI but Wash thinks he will be eligible to play there someday. That makes no sense. Wash is like going to a UC school. Something doesn’t add up.
I can name a few players Larry, that didnt get into Serra that are doing well. Lets look at Alton Julian from Oregon St. for example.

Last edited:
this sounds like something those silicon valley and san francisco schools would do. I guess Serra wants to learn the hard way again if they can make it to the open divison final in the future. Cmon Coach Walsh get your program up!
What does this mean?

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
his whole family moved there so he could play there ? Or host family ?
Does it Really Matter?….. The Kid is Getting a Chance to play HSFB at the Highest Level, Something that Serra would not allow him to do because they won’t work with him on his academics….

If MD will work with him and help him get to College who cares who he lives with?…. I would do the same thing for my kid if I wanted him to go to private school and the Local one turned their Back on him….

Good for the kid, Good for MD and Bad on Serra for turning their back on a local kid….

Does it Really Matter?….. The Kid is Getting a Chance to play HSFB at the Highest Level, Something that Serra would not allow him to do because they won’t work with him on his academics….

If MD will work with him and help him get to College who cares who he lives with?…. I would do the same thing for my kid if I wanted him to go to private school and the Local one turned their Back on him….

Good for the kid, Good for MD and Bad on Serra for turning their back on a local kid….
I’m just curious ? No need to get all pissy with me

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89 and ararar
Not Bad for a School that can’t even seem to hire a coach right now…. 🤣
Back in the day there’s no doubt he would go to a school like DLS or Grant (he’s a jr pacer). If NorCal can’t even keep their biggest and best linemen how the hell are they going to compete in the Open? It’s so obvious watching the games that the real difference is in the trenches.

He’s returned home to his family. Staying with relatives and being far from home is hard for some kids. Glad he’s back home.
Peter's younger brother, Michael, is a freshman at Riordan and was a starter on varsity this past season. Since 1994, Riordan has one of the top RSP programs in the country that assists kids with learning challenges. Many Bay Area high schools including De la Salle have modeled its RSP program to Riordan's.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT