ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs DLS Updates?

Turfpellet

Rookie
Aug 30, 2014
Total media blackout...Any Updates on game??
confused0007.r191677.gif

Still 28-0. Very slow game due to injuries. DLS had one drive stall out inside Pitt's 5 in the 3rd quarter. Pitt defense doing their best to keep it respectable.

Originally posted by Turfpellet:
webcast is dysfunctional....who is getting banged up?
Both sides although Pitt is getting the worst of it. Vanderklugt had to leave the game briefly. I don't believe Sam Phillips has returned since being down in the 1st half.

35-0...game getting chippy. DLS gets called for dead ball personal foul after scrum breaks out, next play Pitt called for unsportsmanlike, then Pitt sideline gets called for something prior to kickoff. Pitt breaks a screen to end zone but called back after offsetting penalties.

35-0 Final. DLS. Spartans had 365 rushing yards. Custer had 23 carries for 198 yards and 1 TD. Way to steamroll.

Last edited:
35-0 is actually a good job by the Pitt defense, holding DLS to their lowest point total of the year. But as I suspected their offense just didn't have enough firepower. A good year for the Pirates, and another state bowl appearance for Sparty representing the NCS well.

Originally posted by renegades10:
35-0...game getting chippy. DLS gets called for dead ball personal foul after scrum breaks out, next play Pitt called for unsportsmanlike, then Pitt sideline gets called for something prior to kickoff.
Careful, some DLS haters might misinterpret this and start spreading rumors that Folsom should get the Open bid due to the "sportsmanship" clause.
tongue.r191677.gif

Yup, score could've been closer if Pitt offense could execute their plays. Also, Pitt was denied a TD breakaway run after a short pass by a really bad officiating call. The Pitt runner was already 20 yrdfrom goal when the bad ref called a flipping foul 40 or 50 yrds away. This same bad ref later called an unsportsmanlike conduct on a Pitt medical staff just standing and showing his displeasure at the refs at the sidelines. By the way Pitt showed DLS how to sack their QB at the last play of 1Q. As one poster said earlier, DLS hasn't met a tough defense as Pitt so far.

@ TR: Sammy should be able to get a good week out of it. Was thinking of starting 10+ norcal troll threads to save Sammy the time. Disappointed DJ joined in on the last one.

No doubt the best defense DLS has played this year. Not even close. In fact as good of a defense as I have seen in CA this year. Pitt is physical, good tacklers, aggressive.

That Pirate offense does their defense no favors. So many three and outs, the defense is constantly on the field.

Originally posted by kriart:
Yup, score could've been closer if Pitt offense could execute their plays. Also, Pitt was denied a TD breakaway run after a short pass by a really bad officiating call. The Pitt runner was already 20 yrdfrom goal when the bad ref called a flipping foul 40 or 50 yrds away. This same bad ref later called an unsportsmanlike conduct on a Pitt medical staff just standing and showing his displeasure at the refs at the sidelines. By the way Pitt showed DLS how to sack their QB at the last play of 1Q. As one poster said earlier, DLS hasn't met a tough defense as Pitt so far.
Pretty good assessment, a lot of people will overlook the Pitt defense when they see the score but that was a top notch unit as mentioned already. The refs were pretty bad and that went both ways. I'm all for coming together to get a call right but they seemed to be talking for a long time way too often and really slowed the game down on top of the injuries. There wasn't any flow to the game tonight. Tough for anyone to get a rhythm.

Originally posted by paul_johnson884:
No doubt the best defense DLS has played this year. Not even close. In fact as good of a defense as I have seen in CA this year. Pitt is physical, good tacklers, aggressive.

That Pirate offense does their defense no favors. So many three and outs, the defense is constantly on the field.
From what I saw Pitt offense was absolutely pathetic. Haters for their D, who did a good job, but uphill battle all night long trying to make up for their shortcomings was brutal.

Kriart - I Was at the game and what was bad was the Pitt player doing something stupid to get a penalty 30 yards behind the play. What's the referee supposed to do- not call an obvious penalty? Your reference to the penalty on the staff was actually two consecutive penalties on the
Pitt Staff which allowed the DLS kicker to kickoff from the Pirate 30.

A couple stupid plays in a row were also disconcerting when a DLS player cheap shotted a guy way after the whistle but Pitt retaliated the next play. I get that they truly don't like each other but both teams were not disciplined in those situations IMO.

Pitt is really limited on offense- really no plan. Their defense is fast and loved watching them play. I thought their D played very disciplined and just got worn down. Parker caught Custer from way behind and it was impressive.

DLS passing game was poor and they had difficulty blocking Pitt's run-blitz scheme. Their RB's were very quick and hit the holes fast. I think they are very susceptible to a blitzing team who in turn can throw on O.

This post was edited on 12/7 6:40 PM by NCSF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT