ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions Norcal

I'm not sure I get what you mean, but I think you're saying that the other coaches with large margins of victory are not guilty of running up the score, but because of Kelly Sopak's record of success, he is guilty of running up the score?

OK, I guess, but if you get a chance, watch the Comcast broadcast and notice that every Miramonte player is in the game in the first quarter, and if I recall correctly, every player is on the floor in the first five minutes.

I know some on this board feel the better team should not try to score and let the other team score, or at the least run the shot clock down every possession, but others (like me) feel differently -- I think it's insulting and humiliating to the losing team to play that way, but reasonable people can disagree.

My point here is that I'm not sure it makes sense to give other teams with large margins of victory a pass but not Miramonte. Maybe in the past, maybe in other games, but not this season. (In fact, I'm worried that we haven't played our starters enough and it may catch up to us in NorCals. But of course, I worry about everything and am always convinced we'll lose ...)

Clay, I like how you set the stage, just in case you don't win it all. It's knowing against the girls and I wish them well cause I am sure they work super hard, I am just hoping for the coaching staff to get what they deserve.

Clay, I like how you set the stage, just in case you don't win it all. It's knowing against the girls and I wish them well cause I am sure they work super hard, I am just hoping for the coaching staff to get what they deserve.
I now stand corrected by Paytc on refs never cheating. Can you imagine this guy doing a MM game ;) - Paytc had been steadfast on this sort of thing could/would and does happen. I wish I had not read this guy was a ref. Damn or Dam I may have to give Paytc a pass or past....o_O

I'm not sure I get what you mean, but I think you're saying that the other coaches with large margins of victory are not guilty of running up the score, but because of Kelly Sopak's record of success, he is guilty of running up the score?

OK, I guess, but if you get a chance, watch the Comcast broadcast and notice that every Miramonte player is in the game in the first quarter, and if I recall correctly, every player is on the floor in the first five minutes.

I know some on this board feel the better team should not try to score and let the other team score, or at the least run the shot clock down every possession, but others (like me) feel differently -- I think it's insulting and humiliating to the losing team to play that way, but reasonable people can disagree.

My point here is that I'm not sure it makes sense to give other teams with large margins of victory a pass but not Miramonte. Maybe in the past, maybe in other games, but not this season. (In fact, I'm worried that we haven't played our starters enough and it may catch up to us in NorCals. But of course, I worry about everything and am always convinced we'll lose ...)
Clay is 100% correct. Maybe last season there were a few situations which I would think Kelly takes back if he could. This year there has been zero bullying and running up the score. Success causes folks to become jealous.

Reactions: jaymel911 and Paytc
Clay is 100% correct. Maybe last season there were a few situations which I would think Kelly takes back if he could. This year there has been zero bullying and running up the score. Success causes folks to become jealous.

Bottom line is each coach has the right to coach his/her team in the manner (within reason) they see fit. Because every situation and every team is different. It is also why by high school most children have decided on the sport(s) they will dedicate themselves to. And if they picked the wrong sport they have to accept that, or get better, or get out of the game.

And as we've already said..... some games shouldn't even be played. Next to the bottom line, not everyone likes every coach, player, parent, ref, etc.... I think Kelly is also included in that list.

Reactions: kkross22
Scoutus32

It won't be at MM then I would have to agree. But it's on neutral Court that's advantage to all teams!!!

I didn't know playing at MM was such an advantage. Can't either team have a good crowd regardless to where the game is played? And won't the refs know the coaches and perhaps some players on one or both sides anyway? And isn't the goal 10 foot wherever the game(s) are played? Or is the heat intentionally turned up with the doors closed at MM?

I think there can be home cooking one way or the other whenever teams play locally on a so call neutral court. But maybe MM is like playing in the Boston Garden during the 60's and 70's? Both teams wear green and white.

Last edited:
One thought as I watched your team for a bit last Saturday after the Salesian boys game. You have to admit, you sandbagged them this year. They are good and as good as BOD and Salesian as I watched them earlier in the day.

That's what I've been sayin all along

Reactions: Scoutus32
Presentation was quickly ousted Wednesday night.

you knew that I was actually pointing out how weak CCS D2 was right?? Maybe the sarcasm didnt come across like it should have lol Pres was not good and they rolled easily to win D2. They will be hanging a banner this year and SHC most likely wont.. crazy.

LOL is this about NorCal Predictions or Lamorinda?

Predictions: PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE
;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT