ADVERTISEMENT

Prep2Prep Tip Off Classic

10-10 after one. 18-16 Newark now with 436 left in Q2.

Way game has flowed, it felt like halftime.

Now at halftime, Woodcreek leads Newark Memorial 31-29. Timberwolves started playing better toward the end of the first half.

Woodcreek leads Newark Memorial 44-42 end of Q3. Jordan Brown facing 3 or 4 defenders every time he gets the ball.

We are headed to overtime in Game #6. Newark and Woodcreek are tied at 64. Woodcreek led by 6 points with less than 2 minutes left.

Not real impressed with Woodcreek today. Lack guard play and secondary scoring

It was all Newark in the extra period. The Cougars get the upset win over Woodcreek by the score of 78-68.

Nice game from Newark guard Dacaurey Brown.

Moreau leads Sierra Canyon 12-9 with 454 left in Q1. MC has knocked down two 3s

Sierra Canyon closed the quarter well and leads Moreau 22-16 after eight minutes

Couple of notes on Moreau:

Most aggressive player has been Terrell Brown. Wants the ball.

Interesting to watch Oscar play against legit high major bigs. Has done well in spurts.

Liked Moreau's energy to start here. Wonder how long they can keep it up

Sierra Canyon now leads 27-18 with 451 left in Q2. Crucial few minutes coming up for Moreau.

Forgot to mention in previous post, but Molden is a nice player for Moreau inside

Sierra Canyon leads Moreau 33-25 at halftime. Best player for Moreau has been Damari Milstead

If Moreau made their ft's & converted a few layups they could be up. Sierra Canyon starting 5 looks to all be D1 players & both bigs are HS monsters. Not only BIG but can move & play.

Sierra Canyon leads Moreau 42-30 with 459 left in Q3. It's absurd the starting five Sierra has includes four juniors!

Sierra Canyon leads Moreau 48-47 going into the fourth. Mariners have been bought in defensively tonight.

Feeling is a quick run to start this quarter will be the difference.

These Moreau kids are some tough competitors!! Leading Sierra Canyon 49-48 in the 4th qtr

Well that theory was wrong. Moreau leads 53-51 with 452 left. Cody Riley is back in with four fouls for SC

Sierra Canyon leads 59-58 with 42 seconds left. Sierra Canyon ball coming out of the timeout.

Terrell Brown made the game winning lineup with less than a second left to give Moreau Catholic a 60-59 win over Sierra Canyon. Caught the ball past the three point line and got all the way to the rim.

how many points & boards for sierra canyon's ira lee & woodcreek's jordan brown today?

Moreau Catholic will add six players from the football team starting next week.

In other games, I thought Sheldon and Manteca were very impressive.

There was a LOT of shade thrown at Moreau on this board before this game. I wonder if folks are going to own their views and give credit to Coach Knight and the fellas or will it be explained away, until they stumble...I'm just saying if they'd have lost the board would be lit up! Lol

I seem to recall some saying how weak Terrell Brown was. How if he was going to San Jose he couldn't possibly be legit D-1 and supposedly he got the MVP and game winning basket against a squad full of D-1 players! Smh... Let's all be a little more supportive of all, and give some credit where it is earned! We all have opinions but when they start casting aspersions on proven success, it makes me wonder... Happy Holidays to all!

Brown did not get the MVP for the game, but had it not been for his energy all game, they would not have won. He deserved the honor, just didn't get it. Milstead was quite impressive.

Thanks for the correction. I left before that game. However, I did remember correctly that Milstead was getting ROASTED by the "experts" about what he "was not" as a guard too! How did he do so well against what most claim are at least 5 LEGIT D-1 players? Smh

I don't usually respond on the board because most of you have NO clue about the game of basketball, but I had to say this, Its CRAZY how when Moreau does well, beats a national ranked team some say #1 in thr country, and Moreau big 3 (Milstead 20pts 6 rebs 4 steals an game MVP, Brown 14pts and game winning layup and Frayer 14pts 12 rebs)stand out, that you the experts say are "overrated" the board is SILENT, but if they would of got blasted and there big 3 would of played bad, you "fake experts" im not going to call names, because you know who you are would of been KILLING them and Coach Knight, I haven't seen a positive comment from the "expert guys" or should I say the "Moreau Haters" yet and once again you KNOW WHO YOU ARE.#continuetohateitmotivates.lol

Reactions: frencheezy
Moreau shut everyone up!!!! Bottom line. They beat the team everyone had winning the open division! They have a hellacious schedule, but they have a wing that has Sprin boarded them for sure!. This is a great win for norcal.!

I really enjoyed the court-side reporting. Thanks Streak, Gryphon and the others! It was fun to go from the Warrior game to the message board and back. Happy for the Moreau kids. Hope we get more of this type of reporting/entertainment during the season.

I'm not hiding I thought they would get posted, but they continued to play hard. Terrell Brown was the flat out MVP as he was the only one who could beat his man consistently off the dribble. Damari played well but his offense comes from defensive opportunity plays. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Sierra Canyon coach sucks!! There's no way with two big like that you don't pound the ball inside. Also, was not impressed with Deveril Ramsey. ..

It was a great opening game...Everyone including myself figured Sierra Canyon would run away with game.. But Moreau played with pride and determination. Terrell Brown was a stud. He kept MC in game early .Milstead was steady throughout. Frayer was really good when going to rim. I thought refs was whistle happy against SC. They completely took Cody Riley out the game. The foul where ref anticipated foul on him was a travesty. But thats part of game. I agree that SC coaches couldnt identify MC switching zone defenses. Ramsey and Lee were no shows. I concur Brown should of been MVP. Outside of Riley I thought he was the most unguardable player on court. That last basketball was a thing of beauty. Congrats MC...

Really impressive win for Moreau to start the year. I'd say that's a pretty emphatic statement that they are deserving of their #1 spot in Norcal... I totally agree that they are deserving of being #1 and they could very well be the Norcal Open representative in March... but whats so cool about this season is there is no clear cut dominant team like there is sometimes (i.e. O'Dowd last year)... there is at least a handful of Norcal teams that could be the "Open" team and no one would be surprised. Makes things more interesting if you ask me...

Really impressive win for Moreau to start the year. I'd say that's a pretty emphatic statement that they are deserving of their #1 spot in Norcal... I totally agree that they are deserving of being #1 and they could very well be the Norcal Open representative in March... but whats so cool about this season is there is no clear cut dominant team like there is sometimes (i.e. O'Dowd last year)... there is at least a handful of Norcal teams that could be the "Open" team and no one would be surprised. Makes things more interesting if you ask me...

Definitely agree. I think this could be one of the more fun years in awhile. Watching great teams is fun, but so in a larger group of really good teams.

Folsom is overrated, wasn't impressed with woodcreek (J Brown is a stud), Sheldon is good but a team with a good big will beat them. MC looked very impressive with Oscar not playing his best. Didn't like the style of play for SC.

Agree with Streak. There are a lot of very good teams. Sacramento has Folsom, Sheldon, Woodcreek, and Sacramento High. Bay Area has Moreau Catholic, De La Salle, Mitty, and Serra. And never count out Modesto Christian. It should be a very competitive year for high school basketball.

Swag six .You say a team with a good big will beat Sheldon. Interesting they played 3 games this year and beat 2 teams Army/Navy with 2 .D1 bigs and Mitty with a .D1 Big .Last year they did the same . Woodcreek and Cantwell Sacred Heart .And Pleasant Grove to name a few.

Folsom is overrated, wasn't impressed with woodcreek (J Brown is a stud), Sheldon is good but a team with a good big will beat them. MC looked very impressive with Oscar not playing his best. Didn't like the style of play for SC.

How is Folsom overrated? We weren't ranked high to start. We pulled off two great wins beating the top 2 teams in the section. They supposed to keep us at #7 or whatever just because we aren't that deep or have one big who is actually a wing? No. they're supposed to rank us #1. Don't matter if you think we won't last or if we lose one key player we are in trouble, point is how do you justify not ranking us #1 at this point in the SJS?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT