ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Sacramento top 10

vukovich

Sports Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
Let’s get some dialogue going about how the Sacramento area is going to look this year. From what I have seen over the summer and the fall I have:

1. Capital Christian
2. Sheldon
3. Jesuit
4. Rocklin
5. Monterey Trail
6. Folsom
7. Grant
8. Whitney
9. Laguna Creek
10. Rio Americano.

Looks pretty good and I think top 5 will be all fairly close,
No sure about Rocklin being ahead of MT. They were young last year but pretty average. Their big kid is probably a d2 scholarship player.
Folsom lost a ton. Probably the biggest rebuilding year in walls career. Fortunately they had a really good Frosh/JV class and do return Chase Rawlings.
Seems like a bit of a down year overall to me to greater sac

Looks pretty good and I think top 5 will be all fairly close,
No sure about Rocklin being ahead of MT. They were young last year but pretty average. Their big kid is probably a d2 scholarship player.
Folsom lost a ton. Probably the biggest rebuilding year in walls career. Fortunately they had a really good Frosh/JV class and do return Chase Rawlings.
Seems like a bit of a down year overall to me to greater sac
The list is an educated guess. I think Capital and Sheldon are a slight notch above the rest but lots of parity overall. And I agree there isn’t a standout top 5 NorCal team in Sacramento.

The list is an educated guess. I think Capital and Sheldon are a slight notch above the rest but lots of parity overall. And I agree there isn’t a standout top 5 NorCal team in Sacramento.
Agreed. I just noticed Inderkum isn’t on list. I don’t know much about their personnel but they’ve had a good run for the last few years. Did they lose a ton?

Inderkum had nearly all seniors last year, but their JV and frosh lost just three games between them.

Agreed. I just noticed Inderkum isn’t on list. I don’t know much about their personnel but they’ve had a good run for the last few years. Did they lose a ton?
I didn’t purposely exclude them I just forgot about them. I don’t know much about them except they have a good 6-8 senior and a very good incoming frosh guard. They are definitely a top 10 team.

Let’s get some dialogue going about how the Sacramento area is going to look this year. From what I have seen over the summer and the fall I have:

1. Capital Christian
2. Sheldon
3. Jesuit
4. Rocklin
5. Monterey Trail
6. Folsom
7. Grant
8. Whitney
9. Laguna Creek
10. Rio Americano.
What's your read on Capital Christian? I like some of their returners but also think they have underwhelmed in the past with talent too.

What's your read on Capital Christian? I like some of their returners but also think they have underwhelmed in the past with talent too.
These are all best guesses at this point. I don’t think anyone has separated themselves as much better than anyone else. Capital is really big. They have maybe 5-6 kids that or 6-6 range and athletic. Valdez is a very solid wing and the Folsom transfer isn’t bad.

Reactions: Streak One
These are all best guesses at this point. I don’t think anyone has separated themselves as much better than anyone else. Capital is really big. They have maybe 5-6 kids that or 6-6 range and athletic. Valdez is a very solid wing and the Folsom transfer isn’t bad.
Agreed. They lost Sykes to MC which is a big loss but adding willenborg (Folsom transfer) as a big guard who can shoot will give them a new dimension they didn’t have last year. (Consistent 3pt shooter). I think they will be tough and have played well this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT