ADVERTISEMENT

Prolific Prep beats it's 5th Top 25 Opponent of the year

ALSO max preps used to use CAL PREP FREEMAN RANKINGS which had a much better formula and rankings. It has since been disbanded and Max uses some goofy formula which put nevada union and Sac high in top 25. Neither belongs their

I’ve posted on the Transfers thread so that it is near the top of the threads for those of you who care to read it in connection with this thread.

PP, with these recent questions you have a chance to articulate more about your program. I am also interested to hear about how you deal with academic underperformance, and I’m curious about how you deal with other personnel issues like the drinking referenced in the Transfers thread. What is the PP policy if a coach or the program breaches its duties?

The “Transfers” thread describes a situation where a coach was out of line. Apparently, because the school district and AD didn't replace him, about half the team’s families quit the program. Fadal went to a different school and the projected starting post player didn’t even go out for the team this year. His projected replacement at post was a transfer who then quit. I don’t have any knowledge about any of these families or their reasons, but without a doubt the alcohol and response issues contributed to the actions the parents took.

So PP, in O’Reilly’s situation you apparently were the release valve for what was apparently a non-workable situation for him at Campo. I think that is good he has that choice, and it is good that PP exists because other kids have those choices as well (if they are good players).

What happens though if your admin or coaching staff fails like the situation at DV? Do you follow Justin Sienna’s behavior policies? Does Justin Sienna have any say as to how PP manages the kids and their experiences?

HEAT I used the wrong word. I did not think you were talking bad about NU and I agree that we did not belong in the top 25 and only time will tell if we belong in the top 20 in Sacramento. I do not have access to the Sacramento Bee so I do not know if we are even ranked. Have you seen us play this year. We are not the same team we were last year.

No 1 sophomore in the country Marvin Bagley has left Hillcrest prep, (after being at Corona del sol as a frosh ) and has enrolled at SIERRA CANYON. 2 things from this. Lets see how good Hillcrest does without him , and how does he become eligible after transferring to his 3rd school. That doesn't fly in CIF SJS. There is even an article that says back in November how he was INQUIRING about going back to Corona Del SOL. Sounds maybe a little athletically motivated. THOUGHT OR OPINIONS

In reviewing the Arizona equivalent or norcalpreps, it appears as though Marvin left due to questions and concerns (NOTHING confirmed) about ACADEMICS not basketball. This year (2015-2016 school year) is a crazy year due to the changes in academics (classes, progress and GPA) mandated by the NCAA. Tough to be at a school whose classes might not be NCAA certified. Sierra Canyon clearly would have already addressed this situation.

Go read the article i posted. Not being ranked and No TV games seem to be an issue. He will be able to play I'm sure since he's changing states. Only time will tell. He would make Sierra canyon a bigger monster tan they already are.

Good read. Reading that makes me think that on balance Rabb had a pretty good balance of school and basketball leading up to college. I'd have a hard time suggesting a kid go to high school on line.

You guys on this thread are hilarious. It went from questioning weather the kids get a proper education and missing too many days, to what happens if a kid doesnt go to school, to the responsibilities of coaches. All these questions coming from people who dont support or dimiss the program entirely. I feel like ppTV has addressed most of these issuses over and over since their inception, but you all choose not to listen. Also, when it comes to nor cal hoops, ive only seen ppTV throw support to other schools. Hopefully soon you guys will realize that PP isnt here to infringe upon nor cal hs hoops, and see that there is an opportunity to help enhance the landscape.

Amen!! We support and train so many kids in the NorCal area, but their parents have to hide it from their high school coaches so people do not think we are "recruiting" them. We support a ton of local kids and local coaches that are our long-time friends. If I was a parent, I would want my kid training with potential NBA stars.

Speculation always leads to rumors and usually fact-less postings like we have refuted many times.

joshmug.jpg

I haven't judged PP negatively although some have. I've said the club is a good option and is serving a useful purpose. This thread has raised other questions which is to be expected. My last question had to do with the detail side of problems and policies. If the answer is "we answer to no one" that is fine with me if it is truthful. I'm just seeking clarification as I would in any business deal. Educate us!

I kn
The last part of your statement I have an issue/question with...
"we are recognized as a legitimate program that focuses on academics and athletics."

so what checks and balances do you have to make sure the players are actually going to school? PP is a prep school where the players go to school at JS high school and actually only play ball at PP.......is there academic eligibility requirements?

FOR EXAMPLE and PURELY HYPOTHETICAL: If JOSH JACKSON carried a 1.0 GPA because he decided for whatever reason not to go to school and/or do no schoolwork, what stops him? A regular high schooler would be academically ineligible to play. Am I assuming correct that he would still be able to play ball for PP in that situation? So if JJ was still able to play and PP ALLOWS him to play how can you claim to be a legitimate HS program?

I know the PP people are on here.... So I was curious if any would answer my academics question above? If a kid decides he doesn't want to go to school or if he just gets bad grades, do they still play? Are there actual academic standards that the kids are held to? PP is not governed by the CIF correct? So who decides? If its the powers that be at PP who decide....then isn't that a MAJOR conflict of interest?

again...just curious how the academics work....

Sorry, I honestly feel like some of these questions are pure common sense for anyone that has any type of core values. However, PP has agreement with Justin Siena on expectations for our players. They are no different than any CIF regulations.

Don't worry, our team GPA is over 3.0. We recruit high academic and talented players. It is part of our agreement and our vision of our program. Our international GPA is over a 3.4 (some kids have known english for only 19 months). Very big part of our selection process. Nobody has dropped out or will drop out of school.

Thanks PP. It helps you put out as much info as possible. Some of us don't have much familiarity and we ask in order to gain awareness.

Reactions: larry legend33
Maryland is an Under Armour School & their program is good again. Jackson's mom has UA sponsored Aau program. Easy to connect those dots

I know all that, dhickman7. Just trying to gauge is Josh somewhat interested or is Maryland a real potential landing spot. Personally, I hate one and done and believe rules should be like baseball. However, I'd rather have him for one year than none under the current rules.

Only number that matters for both were top 10 NBA draft picks. Im saying he's a 1 & done and unless he really wants to hit the Frat parties why not go get paid for those same 6 months. If he does go to college, I hope its Mich St. Great coach and top notch recruiting class.

Mudiay is top five for rookies in points, assists (#1) and steals. I think he is doing just fine.

Let's talk skill development. A lot of the coaches in the Bay Area are deficient in skill development; some are complete morons. It's a thankless job, hardly any pay and you've got pressure from the school and families. But anyway I've watched some teams play and seen some practice. I've also seen Pro Prep workouts. Pro Prep is very good at skill development, much better than MOST of the high schools (DLS being one notable exception).

Looks like I am going to have to venture up there to see Josh Jackson play. He's going to be taking an official visit to Maryland and really liked the campus when he made an unofficial visit over the summer.

If I come up to see him play, I will NOT be able to speak with him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT