ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking is Horrible this week

The only slam I had in respect to Sopak and the Cal Stars was the over whelming schedule he had them playing the last two seasons. Last season the teams depth compensated for it and they ended up winning the EYBL crown despite the schedule. The back to back Oregon tournaments are a real killer. The season before last the Stars had one of the best early season records but when they got to the final two weeks they were being beaten by even the lower rung teams. In the first game of the EYBL championship they were blown out by one of the worst teams. It wasn't until they had a break that they started playing better. They then beat one of the top teams but by then it was too late. This year they were also blown out in one game- against Team Tarausi. Interestingly enough in also their first game of the tournament. They were gassed and Tarausi played well. Odom was shooting lights out. They always play well when she gets hot.

My point is this- One game is not a good indicator of a teams actual abilities. One always needs to consider the variables involved. One team is tired and the other team is shooting hotter than a pistol. The reality is that the Cal Stars were in a league of their own last season. Team Tarausi just caught them at a favorable time. The Stars had just finished a grueling no break travel schedule and just like the season prior were ripe for a beating by almost any team in their first game. Team Tarausi did play a good game ( thus the blow out )and beat the best and that can not be taken away from them. But to imply that they were the better team is really absurd.

It is very easy to con and convince people who have not watched games that the Bs reports we give are accurate. There are a lot of posts in this respect that are used to promote destructive agenda's. Thats what they are - destructive agenda's. They are not geared to inform or even build up players but purely to promote vitriol against certain targets. Any praise of teams or players is only used in that regard. To strike nerves and push buttons in order to illicit reactions. Get into their heads in order to get a mental tactical advantage with which to indoctrinate them with propaganda to promote an agenda. Much like trash talking is used to throw players off their game.

Clay I offered to meet a specific poster last season, but they declined my invitation. So I wouldn't hold my breath in that regard. There is a reason for their wanting to remain unknown. It is in respect to their agenda. Each change in posting identity is geared to that end. I would not put too much stock in anything that poster reveals as to their history since that probably is also fabricated to misdirect. Even their outward support of a program would not mean they were necessarily affiliated with that program. Who they are is not important. What is important is recognizing the destructive intent. Even the focus on who the poster is plays into their agenda. The focus becomes on who-rather than the intent. It's all about manipulation and misdirection.

Reactions: dagnyhoop
Wiilltalk
Never said they wasnt a good team if thats what you trying to imply. All I said I disagree how McDonald was put on the second team. Kelly had to be loyal to players he had for a long time. But players on the top team know that their is always someone trying to take their place. The best of the best should always play on the top team. Players knowning that need put in more work to keep their edge.

The biggest think people have a problem with me because I go against the grain and always will when the is something their. Let tell about a player that I was pushing last year that nobody want to recognize on SMS. Cayton which is the heart and soul of SMS in big games. She just had an article wrote about her about that but last year they said was Tudor and it wasn't. Tudor is a great player and now that she drives to the basketball with authority train by Omar (Elite Hoops). Who also trains Cayton and most if the SMS team. Cayton gives Tudor get looks at the basket because of the drive and kick. Cayton is the X Factor in big games. So that was propagated I guess. I just bring things for the dark to the light so everyone will look and judge for themselves. Somebody next year will have to step in Cayton big shoes.

Last think I what to say is love competition and great kids compete against each other. Not everyone has to agree with everything but have their right to an opinion.

Last edited:
Do you go against the grain with Brookside, Pico or McDonald? Or, it only against Ionescu, Sopak, Miramonte, Tudor, Gonsalves and St. Marys? Seems like an agenda to me

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Jaymel

This is about competitiveness and competition. Some people look at the forums can cone to there own conclusion of there own who opinion is right or who is wrong. This make people make their own opinion on what they see or seen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT