ADVERTISEMENT

Roche is on the Division I radar

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
St. Mary’s-Berkeley 2020 small forward Jason Roche is an unsigned senior that needs to be highlighted. At 6-foot-5 and being one of the best shooters in the region, Roche has placed himself on the Division I radar after helping the Panthers win the NorCal Division III title.

“Jason kept getting better as the postseason went on,” St. Mary’s head coach Rich Buckner said. “He has a high ceiling. I think he has gotten better with his footwork (on defense).”

Roche, who was ranked No. 36 in the last 2020 class rankings, is a versatile player who shoots it very well on the move and in catch and shoot looks. He can put it on the floor in creating good scoring angles and works well off screens.

Roche has improved as a defender to match up with other team’s wings. As this area of his game improves, he should generate more attention.

The spring viewing period would have key for Roche to lock up opportunities, but he should still be seriously looked at by West Coast low majors and high Division II programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoop review
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News