ADVERTISEMENT

Rule changes

Yup.. I saw that, too.

The bonus starts at 5 fouls, and is reset to zero for each quarter. Common fouls in the bonus are all two-shot fouls.

A couple minor things regarding uniforms, undershirt colors, also.

I helped coach under this rule this season and I have to say I am not a fan.

IMO guys don’t have as big a consequence for fouling, so your going to see a ton more injuries under this rule.

Also it doesn’t reward good free throw shooters. Instead a guy misses, he gets another shot.

Is it still 5 fouls or did they change it to 6 fouls now like most leagues that play under this rule?

I'm kind of neutral on this change. Not sure what they saw as a reason to make the change, but I think teams will adjust

I'm kind of neutral on this change. Not sure what they saw as a reason to make the change, but I think teams will adjust
So if you get early fouls you aren’t in the bonus for the whole damn half. There is nothing worse than watching two teams in thr double bonus with two minutes left in the first quarter.

Reactions: CoachDViks
So if you get early fouls you aren’t in the bonus for the whole damn half. There is nothing worse than watching two teams in thr double bonus with two minutes left in the first quarter.
I can see that reason, but if a team in the double bonus six minutes into a game, I would wager that they are still giving up a lot of free throws in the new system too.

If I can get enough stats, it will be an intersting look at how this impacts free throw attempts.

I can see that reason, but if a team in the double bonus six minutes into a game, I would wager that they are still giving up a lot of free throws in the new system too.

If I can get enough stats, it will be an intersting look at how this impacts free throw attempts.
after the first quarter of free throws the good coaches will either change their defense or stress to his players to stop leaving their feet and swinging.

after the first quarter of free throws the good coaches will either change their defense or stress to his players to stop leaving their feet and swinging.
IMO teams that are prone to foul will continue to foul. It is about how things are taught and drilled in. Now the idea that refs can look at fouls after one quarter, adjust how they call the game and that limits fouls in Q2 makes sense to me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT