ADVERTISEMENT

Screaming about streaming

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
The handwriting is on the clubhouse wall. Major League Baseball TV coverage is heading for a bold new world. Streaming is in. It's not always welcome. This weekend, two of three Giants-Pirates games were shown on Apple and Peacock streaming services. Comcast cable-TV, for which most of pay, showed one out of three contests. MLB wants to "grow the game." This weekend won't help.

This is a bad look for local coverage and this has also been an issue for out of market games for MLB.TV subscription. I'm a Braves fan who has lost games through that package due to Apple an Peacock broadcasts but the subscription fee doesn't drop.

Reactions: FBAddict
This is a bad look for local coverage and this has also been an issue for out of market games for MLB.TV subscription. I'm a Braves fan who has lost games through that package due to Apple an Peacock broadcasts but the subscription fee doesn't drop.
Streak, how long have you been a Braves fan? I go back quite a ways. When the Dodgers left Brooklyn, I latched on to the Braves. I bet my friend Arnold Remer
That Hank Aaron would break baseballs home run record starting in 1960.
This came to pass. Just to make this story even wilder. I moved into the Ebbitts Field Apartments, site of the old ball park, with my mother in 1965.

Here's wishing you great memories and hoops

The handwriting is on the clubhouse wall. Major League Baseball TV coverage is heading for a bold new world. Streaming is in. It's not always welcome. This weekend, two of three Giants-Pirates games were shown on Apple and Peacock streaming services. Comcast cable-TV, for which most of pay, showed one out of three contests. MLB wants to "grow the game." This weekend won't help.
I miss the days WTBS and WGN. Watched a ton of Cubs and Braves growing up.

Hell, when the Giants introduced GiantsVision in the mid 80s, the hand writing was on the wall for the future of pay to watch baseball.

Reactions: Streak One
I started following the Braves in the early 1990s. They were on TBS every night and it didn't hurt they were also very good. Had a few lean years last decade, but been a good run the past 30+ years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT