ADVERTISEMENT

SF Giants to bring Vogelsong back for 2015

This was a good fit for both parties.. BB and his management of his pitching staff... who is better????
Well, let's not bring up BB had Strickland pitch heat to Harper and not off speed "junk".

He throws 98 mph. I have no problem with the pitch but a big problem with the location. He can't miss middle against Bryce. He hit one about 370' against us in Las Vegas when he was 13.

Harper can turn on "mistake" heat as good as anyone in Majors at 21 years old?? Maybe that is a stretch statement, but come 2 or 3 years from now, it will not be.. Rather have Lopez pitch to Harper in that situation where he cannot dig in heels waiting for a mistake.

This post was edited on 2/2 5:19 PM by 1runtmc1

I don't disagree with Lopez as a good pick there. He's a professional and really tough on lefties. The only way we ever got Bryce out is throwing hard and missing inside and change away with a RHP or breaking ball away with a LHP. He never missed mistakes.

I love the big fella Strickland on the mound- now he just needs to learn to pitch.

Belt back also, at a reasonable price. It would be nice if he has a start like last year and carries it through the year. That would be a bargain. Maybe seeing Ishi on the bench will motivate him.

Not sure Belt will be looking over shoulder at Ishi... but a year healthy is what Belt needs.. Buster needs games off behind plate at 1B when Belt needs days off.

Ishi with his ability to play some serviceable OF helps where BB can place him as sub.
Posey wanting to stay as C is another worry as he was worn down at end season what with Susac ready to play greater role if his name is called by BB. Rather see Buster take up some 3b with departure of Pablo.

This post was edited on 2/3 1:53 PM by 1runtmc1

Tmc- Great knowledge on your part. Belt needs a great start and just stay healthy. He is a fringe future all-star imo. I'm a big Casey Mcgehee fan because I've known him since he was 15 but Buster could play 3B. Buster was a SS-P growing up and has obviously lost range. That said, Sandoval had great hands but his range was a step and a dive. Overrated defensively. Andrew is mature and ready to go twice a week.

I also would love to see Buster putting in some time at 3b this year and can see him maybe taking over there in a year or two if it works out.

RE Harper, with the higher strike zone in amateur ball I'd think that you could have some success with a hard thrower pitching him up and in.

Quaffed- He wasn't normal. We had a kid named Alex Palsha that touched 87-88 as a 14 year old freshman and he turned on anything hard in and only attacked below the waist. The only way we could get him out was throw way in a couple times, he would pull the ball foul, then go soft away. He was the most advanced player I have seen in 25 years of seeing the best across the country.

NCSF, thanks for compliment.. as my handle suggest, I watch more much basketball than baseball.. Giants will get free pass in 2015 as fans will look for 2016 as year G's will win it all again. My take is the 3 rings in 5 years, even if no 4th ring in next 20 years, these 5 years collectively based on each series over the 3 playoff runs..have been "underdogs" for virtually every one of them for each matchup.. amazing to me.

You are going way back with Guy. He was a different guy but he was a true baseball guy and he's missed!

I enjoyed the fact that he was a bit of a rebel in the baseball community. He knew his stuff and didn't mind calling BS on the local bb hierarchy when he didn't agree with them.
RIP

Harper? Watching him against the Giants last season playoff games where you watch each pitch a batter takes over many games, I came away thinking he turns on heat better than anyone out there... now 30 games into 2015, anyone have a better name who can turn on pitches?

Add fact he is just 22... ouch..

Giants Nats tonight... Harper up and turns on Cain's mistake.... Harper up in 9th, Romo dealing, but who does BB call in from the pen? yup, Lopez to take on Harper to try to shut him down.. soft from the left side is Harper's weak spot.. Does not change fact Harper still can turn on mistake heat as good as anyone out there...

good win..

I enjoyed the fact that he was a bit of a rebel in the baseball community. He knew his stuff and didn't mind calling BS on the local bb hierarchy when he didn't agree with them.
RIP

There was NEVER really anything "wrong" with Bryce 15 through Now, but the same can't be said for his father. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT